Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

The Parry Sound Sport Bike Rally is going to have a sport bike competion on the weekend of July 3,4, and 5th 2009. Prizes and prize money to be posted later. The event will be held at the salt docks on the water front. That is were the Supermoto races have been in the past. Please let us know what you guys think of this either as a rider or as a spectator here or on the Sport Bike Rally site?

Re: Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

personally, i am nowhere near good enough to stunt, but i love watching it. So i think its a great idea as the sport has evolved so much, and who know its could become the canadian version of stuntwars

cheers

I thought this stunt comp idea was ditched and you were going to pay a US rider Jason Britten to come down and once again eat our food? If that was the case I would not support this event at all....I wouldnt atend myself or tell anyone else I know that stunts or likes stunting in Canada to attend either...If I want to see some big name US rider stunt, I'll go to the US, buy thier DVD, or watch them on TV...Im not going to support a Canadian event that would rather support US riders that dont need support, when we have tons of talented people here doing the same tricks with no support at all....

If thats not the case or your going to have both, then keep us infromed...And post up as soon as you have a list of different catagories of the comp and what the prizes will be. And I will post that everywhere I can, to try and get stunt riders from all over Canada to come out to this event. That is what I want to see, support for the Canadian stunt scene...

This would be the first stunt comp Ive ever heard of in Ontario, if you pulled it off it would be a great thing IMO. For Canadian stunt riders and the whole stunt scence in Canada. However it would not be the first time people from the US were hired to come do things in Canada, that Canadian riders should get the oportunity and support to do....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-29-2009 at 12:57 PM.

I agree in supporting the Canadian stunting. Canadian Stuntwars would be good. I have nothing against US stunters or anyone coming. It's about having a good time.

if is a "CANADIAN" Bike Rally..................keep it CANADIAN !!!!!!!

then I would go.

hell yeah!! keep canadian dollaz in canadians pocket!!!!

just found this on their web site !!!!!

"Jason Britton

The Parry Sound Motorcycle Association are in talks with the host of Speed Channel’s Super Bikes, Jason Britton, to have the stunt motorcyclist and his No Limit crew perform up to nine times at the rally this summer; performances that would be taped and portions of which would be broadcast on Britton’s show, which averages two million viewers.

Contact us for more information info@parrysoundmotorcycle.org"

WOW.....lets pay him to come up............then he makes MORE money off his show !!!!
    and all the marketing

just another american leaving with cash in hand !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    just found this on their web site !!!!!

"Jason Britton

The Parry Sound Motorcycle Association are in talks with the host of Speed Channel’s Super Bikes, Jason Britton, to have the stunt motorcyclist and his No Limit crew perform up to nine times at the rally this summer; performances that would be taped and portions of which would be broadcast on Britton’s show, which averages two million viewers.

Contact us for more information info@parrysoundmotorcycle.org"

WOW.....lets pay him to come up............then he makes MORE money off his show !!!!
    and all the marketing

just another american leaving with cash in hand !!!!!
    +1 on cdn stunters, have em there. but it wouldn't hurt to also have jason & speed channel there with its potential of 2 million viewers .....it would be a great way to get promotion for future rally's.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

I love when promoters have problems paying CAN stunt teams like $1000 but are will to pay a "well known" Us guy lots more. I have no problem with Britton, he is a pretty standup guy but there is no need to get him if it's the tricks you want. There are lots of guys doing the same thing up here. Now if you're doing it because it's good promotions for your company, then I'm not here to get in the way of someone trying to make something successful. Sort of a catch 22.
    Pm me if you need something painted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I thought this stunt comp idea was ditched and you were going to pay a US rider Jason Britten to come down and once again eat our food? If that was the case I would not support this event at all....I wouldnt atend myself or tell anyone else I know that stunts or likes stunting in Canada to attend either...If I want to see some big name US rider stunt, I'll go to the US, buy thier DVD, or watch them on TV...Im not going to support a Canadian event that would rather support US riders that dont need support, when we have tons of talented people here doing the same tricks with no support at all....

If thats not the case or your going to have both, then keep us infromed...And post up as soon as you have a list of different catagories of the comp and what the prizes will be. And I will post that everywhere I can, to try and get stunt riders from all over Canada to come out to this event. That is what I want to see, support for the Canadian stunt scene...

This would be the first stunt comp Ive ever heard of in Ontario, if you pulled it off it would be a great thing IMO. For Canadian stunt riders and the whole stunt scence in Canada. However it would not be the first time people from the US were hired to come do things in Canada, that Canadian riders should get the oportunity and support to do....

yup! +1
    Need something welded? Mild or Stainless Steel and Aluminium. PM me for quotes!

As a member of the organizing committee for this year's Sportbike Rally I contacted Jason to see if he would come to the Rally. I also contacted Canadian Chaos and the Suzuki FMX guys from Quebec who where there last year. It's not about choosing an American rider over a Canadian rider. Previously ill-advised performed at the Rally, two years in a row. I was looking for entertainment that was Sport Bike oriented and would attract paying spectators. I was looking at the advertising value of having the Rally featured on Superbikes, for next year's Rally. I also sent off an email to David Hatch the host of the Canadian show Motorcycle Experience. The Parry Sound Motorcycle Association is now the organizers of the Sportbike Rally. We are a small group of dedicated volunteers, registered non-profit organization, who like going to the Rally year after year and does not want that to end for any reason. The Rally is unique to us because it is the only one of its kind in Canada and it caters to the sport bike rider. To put on an event like the Rally costs money and we have very little. Simply put the Rally has got to make money in order to continue. We do not make a dime off the rally, money made goes to next year's Rally. Many riders who show up at the Rally choose not to register because they have that option, but that does not help the Rally to continue. This year we are attempting to put together a Canadian stunt competition complete with prize money, because we know that there are stunters in this country who would love to be able to perform in front of an audience and perhaps win some money for there efforts. Jason and the Superbikes show might be a good way to kick off our first competition and attract the spectators for you guys and girls to perform in front of and give you some exposure. We want the competition to grow year after year and for it to be a major attraction for the Rally, but without people like yourselves it won't last past the first year. Maybe some year Canadian stunters will be featured on a Canadian show but until then it may have to be through an American show. As we grow maybe TSN will take an interest in us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    As a member of the organizing committee for this year's Sportbike Rally I contacted Jason to see if he would come to the Rally. I also contacted Canadian Chaos and the Suzuki FMX guys from Quebec who where there last year. It's not about choosing an American rider over a Canadian rider. Previously ill-advised performed at the Rally, two years in a row. I was looking for entertainment that was Sport Bike oriented and would attract paying spectators. I was looking at the advertising value of having the Rally featured on Superbikes, for next year's Rally. I also sent off an email to David Hatch the host of the Canadian show Motorcycle Experience. The Parry Sound Motorcycle Association is now the organizers of the Sportbike Rally. We are a small group of dedicated volunteers, registered non-profit organization, who like going to the Rally year after year and does not want that to end for any reason. The Rally is unique to us because it is the only one of its kind in Canada and it caters to the sport bike rider. To put on an event like the Rally costs money and we have very little. Simply put the Rally has got to make money in order to continue. We do not make a dime off the rally, money made goes to next year's Rally. Many riders who show up at the Rally choose not to register because they have that option, but that does not help the Rally to continue. This year we are attempting to put together a Canadian stunt competition complete with prize money, because we know that there are stunters in this country who would love to be able to perform in front of an audience and perhaps win some money for there efforts. Jason and the Superbikes show might be a good way to kick off our first competition and attract the spectators for you guys and girls to perform in front of and give you some exposure. We want the competition to grow year after year and for it to be a major attraction for the Rally, but without people like yourselves it won't last past the first year. Maybe some year Canadian stunters will be featured on a Canadian show but until then it may have to be through an American show. As we grow maybe TSN will take an interest in us.

Sounds good but you have to understand how it looks for us right now, few months ago people from the rally post in here talking about a possible Canadian comp....Then months go by and theres no more mention of it, and all that can be found on your site is info about Jason Britten coming from the US to ride...No mention what so ever of a stunt comp actually giving Canadian riders a chance to shine....

So like I said when I see that I loose all interest in supporting the event....So again like I said if its going to be both, then make it public and start promoting that now or ASAP...The rally is what 3 months away now, if you really want Canadian riders from all over Canada to come support this event, and make it the first real Canadian comp..The riders need to start planning their road trips well in advance, and also book that weekend so they dont commit to other shows and miss this....

No offence to you or the OP but we dont know who you are, we dont know if your serious or if any of this is actually going to take place or not...Cause like I said when we go looking for info about it, all that can be found so far is info on JB comming down....

I hear you Johnny P, and I agree with you. We had mulled over the Competition idea for awhile, we didn't know if we could attract riders or spectators even though it is a better fit with the Sportbike Rally but on the other hand the Supermoto guys wanted to return and we don't have the location for both. We finally made our decision to go ahead with the competition instead of the supermotard races only a few weeks ago. We felt that a competition is worth the gamble, as we want to make it a long term event but we can only do so much to make it a success. Alot of the success of the event will be determined by the participants and spectators. Hopefully, "if we build it they will come". We realize we are behind in getting the word out and we appologise for that but, for somethings we have been behind the 8 ball for bit. If we had a big pot of money to play with a lot of our planning decisions would have been no brainers. A can say for certain that the Stunt Competition is on and that the location is at the Salt Dock right on Georgian Bay, so bring your shorts and the sun tan lotion. On the other hand Jason is not locked down, he wants to come, he thinks we have a cool event, however it is very costly to ship bikes from California plus airfares. We are hoping that the stunter community will help to spread the word. I hope this will help to shed a little more light on the issue and I'm sorry we left you guys in the dark.

Ok I will start spreading the word then, and hopefully other groups from all over Canada can make the trip...Just post up categories and prizes as soon as you have that info, as it will help draw more people. And hopefully make them willing to spend the money on a road trip, cause I know in 05 when we did a stunt show for the rally it cost me a good couple hundred dollars just to get the bikes there and for a hotel....

As for attracting an audience, Im sure promotoing the comp will bring people in...However most shows we have taken part in, 90% of the people dont know about the stunt show...They are at these events for other reasons and stumble on the stunt show, and stick around to watch. So I have no doubt that if there is a comp, people will want to see it...They might not be going just for the comp, but it will be entertaining for most people that are already there....

I am sleeping in your trailer....

Quote Originally Posted by hondacbrf3 View Post
    I am sleeping in your trailer....
    Hey wheres that Moto GP super high mount pic?

He is going to post it up today.

I agree, we should help eachother as Canadians trying to improve, promote and get into the sport. It's an uphill battle for Canadians trying to get into stunting. We have very limited parts, we can't ride all year round, ins. is crazy for newbies. etc, etc.

I agree with Johnny, I wanna see our own guys at a stunt show over here...

I think a competion great idea..... is that not what this tread is about???...... not US riders coming over to do stunts??...... i think this has gotten a bit off track...
    Last edited by Yami_Babe; 03-30-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Just Liven the Dream Baby!!!

Just out of curiosity... because I know a company who is thinking of doing something similar...as far as categories...what do you have in mind?
    600? Ladies? little bikes (50's) For the girls I only know of 2 that actually stunt and that inlcudes you Yami Babe... is there any more in the GTA? Also please list the categories that you would like to see....