17 day rides around Toronto - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17 day rides around Toronto

Re: 17 day rides around Toronto

I am glad so many people find that they can use the www.wingnutty.ca website! No one has reported any errors yet, other than the name of the bay in front of downtown Barrie. Just FYI, to create a route I have been using Notepad, Photoshop 7, Dreamweaver 8, FTP Pro, Google Earth, my Garmin DVD that goes with my gps, and Google Maps, with informatin gathering from Wikipedia. And of course, I do every route personally before I upload it. My son chips in once in a while with tech asssistance, especially in the initial stages, connecting and getting the items uploaded to a host. Thanks Kelly! The website only costs me 10$ per year and some free time. I have one more route to do, #19, with #20 already completed, a sort of generalized filler, courtesy of the Ontario Gov't whose roads I ride upon... technically, my taxes and so my roads. With 19 routes, there should be one route available for every weekend of riding which should cover a whole season. Then just repeat the routes or modify them the following years. Again, it makes me smile/warm fuzzy feeling too, to know that I contributed to an enjoyable ride for so many riders, in anonymity too.

Thanks again for the website. I think it is amazing and I will definitely be using it to my full advantage whether its on my future bike or in my car.

If you are taking suggestions, pictures of the final destinations would add a nice touch.

Awesome site, thanks again!

Glad you can put the maps to good use. Hope they contribute to your Summer rides in a good way. I have put the starting points up on Youtube, as crappy as my digital camera movies are. I can do it for final points too since riders might want to know what they are getting into. Maybe a link to a bunch of pix would be better since the Youtube movies from my camera are not that clear. I could post the pix on my Kodak site which i subscribe to. Posting them right on my website takes too much of my allotted space up. Thanks for the input. Enjoy!
    I like exploring within 2 hours of the GTA. My bike is a Honda Silverwing 600 maxi-scooter... all automatic cuz I'm lazy and shiftless. My website is an ongoing personal project, which includes ride routes/maps all around the GTA. All routes are tested. All are paved. Surf over to www.wingnutty.ca for details.

Hey,
    If you need help with any webspace give me a shout.
    I'll give you free space and the badwidth is faster than whatever you have now.

I can also help you with the layout, formatting, maybe even embed some google maps in there, make a nice interface for you to input more of them easier?

Any routes in the etobicoke or west of toronto area?
    I am just starting my biking next week!

Talking Re: 17 day rides around Toronto

I'm almost finished this site. I figured about 20 routes would be enough. Each one now has a Google link there and back. My last route, #19 will be out west, near Milton and the Mt Nemo area, as soon as I can ride it and check it out this summer.
    I like exploring within 2 hours of the GTA. My bike is a Honda Silverwing 600 maxi-scooter... all automatic cuz I'm lazy and shiftless. My website is an ongoing personal project, which includes ride routes/maps all around the GTA. All routes are tested. All are paved. Surf over to www.wingnutty.ca for details.