Ronn @ Riders Plus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronn @ Riders Plus

RC @ Riders Plus

Last time I checked, that was me.

Here on GTAMotorcycles as a rider, same as you, gives me a unique perspective on that pesky insurance side of things, so I try to explain things as clearly as possible. Also got great tips for new riders both for buying and insuring that first bike.

Nothing but bikes however, Riders Plus cannot insure:
    - Riders under 25
    - most supersports like Gixxers, R6/R1, CBR600/1000RR, ZX-6/10/14
    - Riders with a bunch of traffic tickets on their record

Other than that, pretty much good to go

Hit me up at extension 233. Im in the office M-F, 9 to 5.
    Last edited by RC8; 04-12-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: ---

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Re: Ronn @ Riders Plus

Welcome to the Board,,,, Be nice to me on my renewal in June

There's a advantage to being Old, Slow and Ticket free...

Valkyrie

You were a pleasure to deal with when I got motorcycle insurance with you last riding season, answering all of my horrible newbie questions. I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry that I had to change insurance... but Echelon was wanting way too much more money than I had! And I've never had an at fault accident or a ticket, ever! When they fix their rates, I'll be back for sure!

Yep... I always try and get folks the best rates I can, most of the time it works out. Really looking forward to getting my own bike out on the road though. I've managed to literally get out for a 15 minute spin on Lakeshore Rd.

So that's what you look like.
    I left you 3 messages this weekend to insure the Ninja 650R I purchased. Excited!

You are a pleasure to deal with.
    M

And wouldn't it be nice to ride with you too!

havin_fun

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Riders Plus cannot insure:
    - Riders under 25
    Sorry to pee on your parade, but they have a derogatory term for this in racing.

Cherrypicking

This is one of the major problems with motorcycle insurance in Ontario. We are not only largely excluded from the full driver pool for undoubtedly shared costs, but even within motorcycle classes, companies are allowed to select for very narrow market segments.

What's next, REALLY cheap rates for 35-year-old, left-handed tuba players that live in Tottenham and ride Virago 500's twice a year to Dover? Not kidding by much.

If a company is going to write vehicle insurance in Ontario, they should be required to carry all standard demographics. That way the risk is truly shared across the entire driving pool, not cut off into little flocks to be fleeced.

I know you are only trying to make a living and don't make company policy, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Last time I checked, that was me.

Here on GTAMotorcycles as a rider, same as you. I think it gives me a unique perspective on that pesky insurance side of things, so I try to explain things as clearly as possible. Also got great tips for new riders both for buying and insuring that first bike.

I work at Riders Plus Insurance. Insure nothing but bikes but true, Riders Plus cannot insure:
    - Riders under 25

Other than that, pretty much good to go

Hit me up at extension 233. Im in the office M-F, 9 to 5.
    Wow !! thats interesting, name of company is Rider Plus but won"t insure sport bikes or younger riders great !!a true gem in bike community .No disrespect man that but those kind of policies are troublesome also you might have noticed a good 98% of riders on this board are sport bike riders..

Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by moto22 View Post
    Wow !! thats interesting, name of company is Rider Plus but won"t insure sport bikes or younger riders great !!a true gem in bike community .No disrespect man that but those kind of policies are troublesome also you might have noticed a good 98% of riders on this board are sport bike riders..
    The "Plus" in Rider's Plus stands for "Past the Expiration Date".

Quote Originally Posted by moto22 View Post
    naw, 98% of riders aren't sport bike riders. Each company has it's own niche. They've been around for a while so they must be doing something right

Thumbs up for Ronn:
    Just switched from Kingsway because of their rate hike. Ronn was a pleasure to deal with, and I am sure he was kidding when he said he was surprised to see a rate so low for my GS, prolly says that to everyone.
    Off topic-anyone have a Virago 500 for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    The "Plus" in Rider's Plus stands for "Past the Expiration Date".
    Lol.... welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlzzzzz! View Post
    So that's what you look like.
    I left you 3 messages this weekend to insure the Ninja 650R I purchased. Excited!

You are a pleasure to deal with.
    M

And wouldn't it be nice to ride with you too!
    haha! Actually your bike could totally keep up with mine. If I see you on the blue Kawi' tearing up pavement, I'll definitely say hi.

simple question:

I'm renewing my insurance with RiderPlus this year, and I'm expecting a price break
    (been paying the same rate since I was an M2 rider 4 years ago).

should I call the company to inquire about my rate,
    or wait for them to contact me when the term is up on this year's policy?

Echelon bought Riders Plus a few years ago or so. In the auto market Echelon specializes in the reformer, not repeater market. That means they insure people who should be Facility but show some upside. We are talking $5,000 to $8,000+ insurance policies. Echelon is into other oddball insuarance products too, that's their niche. That said you would think they would jump right in and target the 18-39 SuperSport crowd!
    Echelon's checklist:
    Licence suspended in the last 3 years- check
    More then 2 tickets - check
    Cancelled insurance - check
    Expensive vehicle - check

Spoke to Ronn yesterday. He gave me a very reasonable quote, and had some good advice in general. I would reccomend giving Ronn a shout if you are shopping aroung for insurance

So far Ron is my best quote. $1076.

Liability, fire, theft.
    27 years old
    Full M
    No tickets or claims
    2005 SV650S
    no bike, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Spoke to Ronn yesterday. He gave me a very reasonable quote, and had some good advice in general. I would reccomend giving Ronn a shout if you are shopping aroung for insurance
    unless your bike is fast and/or looks fast

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    unless your bike is fast and/or looks fast
    You're safe, give him a call.

Just to be clear, Riders Plus DOES insure some sportbikes, but not many supersports. Always good to shop around. Give me a call: 416-251-1447 at ext. 233

For those folks looking to insure their first bike this late in the summer or have a renewal coming up, give me a call. A few basic "filters" to get past, but because of that you will see better rates, especially in Southern Ontario and Toronto/GTA.

Requirements
    - Must be over 25 years old
    - Rider Training Course required for M1 or M2 riders (M class it doesnt matter if you took a course or not)
    - No more than 3 traffic tickets in the past 3 years (car or bike)

Always good to shop around. Give me a call: 416-251-1447 at ext. 233
    '09 Ducati 696
    Strictly motorcycle insurance. Unique insight from both sides of the fence.---- 416-251-1447 ext. 233 -----

I found Rider's Plus to be very competitive for cruiser rates ... keep up the good work