Best wheel chock for trailer - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best wheel chock for trailer

Re: Best wheel chock for trailer

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    i'm gonna have the best quality build possible, no cheap chinese steel.
    Where do you think those Canadian Tire stands in the background of your pics came from?
    Len - Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by ProZac View Post
    Where do you think those Canadian Tire stands in the background of your pics came from?
    Very true... I just picked up a PitBull stand on Saturday from Riders Choice to replace those, plus those stands don't serve the same purpose.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by nokturnal View Post
    bought a princess chock yesterday.... sucks. too wide for a sportbike tire (looks to be made for a harley or something), the bike will not stand in it. waste of 50 bucks.
    I picked up the Princess Auto chock today and was impressed with it for $50. It holds my R6 or F4i just fine ... not as well as my smart chock but certainly well enough for trailering with a canyon dancer.
    Last edited by sircastic; 03-29-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    I picked up the Princess Auto chock today and was impressed with it for $50. It holds my R6 and F4i just fine ... not as well as my smart chock but certainly well enough for trailering with a canyon dancer.
    can you post pic's I am interested for it just for the garage. all I need is someone in garage bumping bike idea.

I picked up the Princess Auto chock today and was impressed with it for $50. It holds my R6 or F4i just fine ... not as well as my smart chock but certainly well enough for trailering with a canyon dancer.
    maybe fine for the trailer with tie downs. if someone wants a chock that will hold a bike up by itself, this one is not it. for sportbikes anyway, a fat harley tire may work.

I am going to try to modify mine to work, we'll see what happens.

Kemptville

I have a Suzuki Burgman 650. does anyone know if the chock will fit this bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemptville View Post
    I have a Suzuki Burgman 650. does anyone know if the chock will fit this bike?
    Assuming you've got the standard rims then you've got a 120/70R15 front wheel. I know with the BikePro you won't have any problems, look at the pics I posted there is one that shows the three adjustable position's. The princess auto one might work as well, but like others have said it was designed for cruisers and hence wider front wheels.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Hawk View Post
    can you post pic's I am interested for it just for the garage. all I need is someone in garage bumping bike idea.
    As requested here are some pics.
    Attachment 15149

Attachment 15150

I'm not sure why this wheel chock would be too wide for a sportbike tire. The chock is designed so that the front and lever taper in. The weight of the bike keeps it forced into the taper. The only way I can see that it wouldn't work is if the lever was installed too far back and the tire is actually sitting on the base of the chock rather than using the weight of the bike to hold it upright.

BTW - the instructions with the unit are from Harbour Freight
    Last edited by sircastic; 04-02-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Soar # 21

Never too old for fun.

I'll check out the Princess auto $50 chock...looks good enough.

I'm not sure why this wheel chock would be too wide for a sportbike tire. The chock is designed so that the front and lever taper in. The weight of the bike keeps it forced into the taper. The only way I can see that it wouldn't work is if the lever was installed too far back and the tire is actually sitting on the base of the chock rather than using the weight of the bike to hold it upright.

That's what I was thinking...
    How could it not work??

My cheapy harbor freight chocks are more than adequate for me.

This princess auto variation looks just as good.

the baxley is unquestionably better, so I guess it comes down to - how often will it get used.

Mine will be used rarely < 10 times per year.

i think for 50$ I will hit up princess auto the week. I am not using it for transport just a little insurgence in the garage as we use the grage a lot. All I need is someone getting a lawn mower bumping the bike

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    That's what I was thinking...
    How could it not work??

My cheapy harbor freight chocks are more than adequate for me.

This princess auto variation looks just as good.

the baxley is unquestionably better, so I guess it comes down to - how often will it get used.

Mine will be used rarely < 10 times per year.
    I have a smart chock as well as the princess auto chock. The smart chock is nicer in that it squeezes the tire as it rotates forward on the lever. The princess auto one is going in my trailer and the smart chock will be for portable use / parking.
    Soar # 21

Never too old for fun.

I'm all for saving a few bucks! However I'm not afraid to spend money on a proven quality product aka Baxley sport chock(doesn't come near any hard parts). Use it in the garage, at the track, take it in and out of your truck or trailer no problems. I posted on this site and others as well as searching every possible chock I could find on the web. Baxley was the choice for my needs. As for the $$$, whats the big deal about spending 300bux to transport or display your bike likely worth thousands?

The pitbull restraint is the best IMO for trailering but it's a pretty one dimensional item.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

I picked up the PA chock and the build quality looks pretty good to me. HAvent got my bike off the lift yet to try it out, but will be using it in my trailer( when i find one) for the occasional trip south in the dead of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    I'm all for saving a few bucks! However I'm not afraid to spend money on a proven quality product aka Baxley sport chock(doesn't come near any hard parts). Use it in the garage, at the track, take it in and out of your truck or trailer no problems. I posted on this site and others as well as searching every possible chock I could find on the web. Baxley was the choice for my needs. As for the $$$, whats the big deal about spending 300bux to transport or display your bike likely worth thousands?

Amen.

I finally got around to picking one of these up and really wish I did so sooner!

Baxley just reduced the price on them, and this thing will solve many problems for me.

1) garage, I like it better when my bike is upright for cleaning and storage, so I just ride right into the chock.

2) trailering the bike is so much easier now.

3) track, some track days require tywrapping the kickstand which is quite frustrating everytime I go out and have to get somebody to hold the bike for me while I tywrap it. Now, I can just wheel her into the chock and leave the kickstand ziptied.

Excellent quality and solid piece! NO comparison to the junk at PA and HF.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    Baxley just reduced the price on them, and this thing will solve many problems for me.
    Are they still made in USA?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40