And yet another new member...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And yet another new member...

Post And yet another new member...

Okay, I'm usually a quiet/shy kinda guy, so introducing myself is rather difficult... here goes...

I've been riding sport bikes since 1984 at age 21, which will be 25 years riding this summer. I started on a 1983 Honda CBX550FD, then moved up to a 1985 Suzuki GS750SF Katana, which got written off thanks to a cager that didn't like stopping at stop signs, so I got another (1986 GS750SG) Katana that I kept for around 17 years in a love/hate relationhsip; loved the bike but hated the constant electrical problems in Suzuki's GS series bikes. In 2000 I bought a Honda RC-51, which is my current baby... love that bike! Looks, feels, and fits great!

I'm in downtown Toronto at Jarvis and Maitland and agree with scottwchris's describing it as 'Hookers Hollow'... if the name fits... :P

Due to my work schedule it's really difficult to find the time to get out and ride as much as I'd like, especially on weekends, but I keep trying.

Guess that's all there is to know about me without getting into what colour of underwear I like...

-stephen

Re: And yet another new member...

Welcome

Enjoy your RC!

Welcome!!

welcome to the boards stephen!

i know what you mean about work....i'm off around 7PM EARLIEST on the weekdays.... most of the riding i did last seaon (my first) was at night usually between 8:30-1AM. it's actually better, i find. less vehicles AND pedestrians.

anyways, i work just up the street from you and live pretty close, too. a bunch of us who all live d/t have a group on facebook if you'd like to join.

I'm telling you, in 10 years 'hooker's hollow' WILL be on Toronto City maps.

Howdy neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by scottwchris View Post
    I'm telling you, in 10 years 'hooker's hollow' WILL be on Toronto City maps.

Howdy neighbor
    ^ No need, they get enough business as is!

Welcome.
    Wow, I didn't know we'd become such good friends, because if we had, you'd know that I give **** before I give favors and I don't even give my best friends **** so your chances of getting a favor are pretty ******* slim. - Go

Quote Originally Posted by azia View Post
    anyways, i work just up the street from you and live pretty close, too. a bunch of us who all live d/t have a group on facebook if you'd like to join.
    Thanks Azia, but i kinda got kicked off Facebook. They said I had to fill out my profile with all my personal data or get booted. I wouldn't, so they did! I'm too much into privacy to post all my personal information on the big-bad-www and I can be really stubborn...

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Thanks Azia, but i kinda got kicked off Facebook. They said I had to fill out my profile with all my personal data or get booted. I wouldn't, so they did! I'm too much into privacy to post all my personal information on the big-bad-www and I can be really stubborn...
    Really? I don't have all my info filled on facebook and they haven't kicked me out. I wish they did. would give me an excuse to get out of it without insulting all the people I have no interest in talking to.

Welcome and enjoy riding.
    I agree about FC and other similar sites, too much personal info.
    I just make up sh*t and no one know the better.
    ~~I rather be riding my bike & thinkin of GOD than sitting in Gurdwara thinkin of my bike!!

03 SV1000s
    02 SV650s
    02 SV650s project - LF: any parts. PM pls. Thnx!
    Sold 2001 Ninja 500r

Grats-welcome to the board
    WWW.72POINT8.COM ONTARIO PHOTOGRAPHY

Welcome!

Welcome.
    anyone can hurt a fighter not everyone will get a chance to excuse

Welcome, Not so sure about them putting that place on the map though, it's been like that for eons, pretty funny when the old hotel was at the corner of Jarvis and Dundas rented rooms out by the hour, or was that half hour, anyway, the girls would line up on the concrete wall of the Sears parking lot, Hotels gone now. But certainly not the hookers and they have yet to put it on the map.

Welcome neighbor, I'm at Jarvis and Front. I never see anyone standing at Jarvis and Maitland anymore, maybe I ride by at the wrong times but word has it they are not really ladies anyways, take a closer look

Quote Originally Posted by azia View Post
    welcome to the boards stephen!

i know what you mean about work....i'm off around 7PM EARLIEST on the weekdays.... most of the riding i did last seaon (my first) was at night usually between 8:30-1AM. it's actually better, i find. less vehicles AND pedestrians.

Which group on Facebook, there are several I'm a member of. Love the Cafe Racer group, you have to check out the video by Hector Catre of his 11+ mile run through "Tail of the Dragon" at Deals Gap NC

Quote Originally Posted by Acuratech View Post
    Welcome neighbor, I'm at Jarvis and Front. I never see anyone standing at Jarvis and Maitland anymore, maybe I ride by at the wrong times but word has it they are not really ladies anyways, take a closer look

Hmmm... I see the faux women around this area every time I entre and leave my condo in the late or early hours, and even if they were genetically female, I would never classify them as ladies!

hey snoop! welcome!
    there seems to be something familiar about you that reminds me of me.
    and i can't quite sniff it out!
    oh well, maybe it's just that we both ride?!

Quote Originally Posted by snQQpy View Post
    hey snoop! welcome!
    there seems to be something familiar about you that reminds me of me.
    and i can't quite sniff it out!
    oh well, maybe it's just that we both ride?!

HeHeHe... I was thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    Which group on Facebook, there are several I'm a member of. Love the Cafe Racer group, you have to check out the video by Hector Catre of his 11+ mile run through "Tail of the Dragon" at Deals Gap NC
    "DT Core Riders" Love those cafe racers on the Do The Ton website. *drool*