Helmet attachments allowed? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helmet attachments allowed?

Re: Helmet attachments allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    It would be interesting to see what section of the HTA the cop cites as your infraction.
    Also he should ask the officer at what point the Guelph PD became the fashion police? and if they get extra taxpayer funding for that role.

Cool Re: Helmet attachments allowed?

I want one of those mohawk, how about a group buy and a group ride.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

Quote Originally Posted by djez View Post
    Im down for this one. I have the bluetooth attached, according to the police they can take my helmet?

www.pjsparts.com located in Kentucky. $14.00

Nothing says, "Look at me, I crave attention!" more than a neon mohawk on top of your helmet. Just ditch the stupid thing already.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Maybe so, but where does it end?
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Quote Originally Posted by djez View Post
    I'm in.. Lets do it. and we 're going to ride in guelph hopefully that cop is on duty and sees us. Maybe his wife ran away with a guy who had a mohawk, and it bothers him now... or maybe his wife wont let him ride, so he hates riders... either way he's a ******.

When I was stopped for the 'mohawk infraction', that is all I was stopped for. Wasn't even asked for any paperwork or licence. Absolutely nothing, just the mohawk. I was stopped in Kitchener, not Guelph. If that even means anything. I posted the HTA rule earlier. post #31

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Hawk View Post
    just some. You get some on a power trip and they make it a pain for the good ones
    Not sure if this was posted earlier

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....6f8a23c1.html

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post

It was.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post

that sucks, but what's the officer supposed to do? compassion is compassion but what if he's driving with no insurance? seeing a family member as they die isn't an emergency, albeit very urgent for most of us.

it's one thing to try and speed up the process, like checkin the papers really quickly, but to simply say ok on your way then no time to see the proof of insurance does not seem in good faith

Do not opp motorcycle cops have boom mikes on the side ?

I have never had an issue with my collet communicators , had then for years,

So I guess the following would all be illegal:
    - Mohawk
    - Ears + Tail thingies
    - Camera
    - Head up display units
    etc etc... forget that noise.... that popo needs to get a brain. The helmet is finished with a smooth outer surface... that is still there.

This is a very good example of our hard earned tax dollars at work. I keep hearing we have a shortage of police officers, yet this is what they are spending their time on instead of doing real police work. It just makes me respect our officers so much more.

I suggest we organize a ride this summer. Everyone has two helmets, and we all have stick on mohawks or ears or whatever (mine will be a middle finger, any my gf would have a dildo stuck on the top). When a silly cop pulls us over, we refuse to remove our stick-ons and let him confiscate our helmets. We video him doing so. When we go to court, we present pictures of police helmets with things attached and let it get thrown out of court. I would like to ask the judge if this is all our officers have to work on these days.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa_chris View Post
    When we go to court, we present pictures of police helmets with things attached and let it get thrown out of court. I would like to ask the judge if this is all our officers have to work on these days.
    Sorry to break it to you but cops in ontario don't have anything attached to the outside of their helmets... it's from the inside

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48799606PLHjwA
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    sorry to break it to you but cops in ontario don't have anything attached to the outside of their helmets... It's from the inside

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48799606plhjwa
    squids!
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

You've got to be friggin kidding me about this... I've been riding with mine for about 2 months starting from last year and not so much as a finger wave from a cop. Had one shake his head at me but by no means did they pull me over and I live in York Region, and we've got some pretty bored officers up this way. Heck, half my riding crew bought ones just like yours all at the same time and haven't heard of them getting any trouble either. Pretty sure they're just busting your balls because they can.

i heard he have a new law about putting stickers and thing on helmets they say it take away other drivers concentration when they are looking at your helmet to see what's on it

Next will be all helmets must be plain white so people don't look at the graphics, and all clothing must not have a label on it, and no signs within 50' of any road, and no advertising on any cars, no company logos on trucks....etc.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    You've got to be friggin kidding me about this... I've been riding with mine for about 2 months starting from last year and not so much as a finger wave from a cop. Had one shake his head at me but by no means did they pull me over and I live in York Region, and we've got some pretty bored officers up this way. Heck, half my riding crew bought ones just like yours all at the same time and haven't heard of them getting any trouble either. Pretty sure they're just busting your balls because they can.
    York isn't Guelph dude.... I hate going to Guelph, and Royal Dist has lost my business because of it. I got a ridiculous speeding ticket there last year for 4 points. I could throw a beach ball to the 80kms sign, but it was deemed a 60 zone. Court got me to 3 points!! Guelph blows...sorry!
    05' 600RR - SOLD
    07' 600RR - SOLD
    11' VEGAS Stage 2
    12' GT500 Shelby