Insurance Cancelled.. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Cancelled..

Re: Insurance Cancelled..

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    ....just for clarification......you only have a G1? Do you also only have a M1? Unfortunately it seems like your riding season is over.

G1/M2
    Supposed to get G2 in April.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

woah dude. you'll have to go on your own insurance now...and with that record, you're screwed.

Banned

they cancelled your policy, but will still keep you father(most likey at a higher rate...because of you)
    it was already stated that the policy will not be RENEWED, it wasnt cancelled.

looks like you're going to be getting a transit pass.

What the letter says is that the policy is being Non Renewed due to a number of factors. Your convictions being one of them. It also said chargeable losses and non payment of premium.

Your best bet would be to have your father ask if you can be excluded from the policy.

I realize that your policy is being non renewed, but I understand why you're upset... the bottom line for your father is that he may be without insurance and I don't think he'll be too interested in the difference between cancelled and non renewed at the moment.

Have him call The Personal and ask if excluding you will fix this issue. If not, he can call me, and I'll explain to him what his options are. From what I've read in your original post this issue you're facing comes as a combination of the two of you, maybe more depending on who is on your policy. The only way to know for sure, is we'd have to review the entire policy and then go from there.

Good Luck,
    Avi
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    What the letter says is that the policy is being Non Renewed due to a number of factors. Your convictions being one of them. It also said chargeable losses and non payment of premium.

Your best bet would be to have your father ask if you can be excluded from the policy.

I realize that your policy is being non renewed, but I understand why you're upset... the bottom line for your father is that he may be without insurance and I don't think he'll be too interested in the difference between cancelled and non renewed at the moment.

Have him call The Personal and ask if excluding you will fix this issue. If not, he can call me, and I'll explain to him what his options are. From what I've read in your original post this issue you're facing comes as a combination of the two of you, maybe more depending on who is on your policy. The only way to know for sure, is we'd have to review the entire policy and then go from there.

Good Luck,
    Avi
    Actually it says "We regret to inform you that the above noted policy will not be renewed at its expiry for one or a combination of the following reasons"

It says "one or a combination" not "for the following". It looks like a form letter they use. Covers all reasons for non-renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun
    Wear some Depends so that it won't hurt as bad when your Dad comes home.
    Avi thought I was a little rough on you . . . sorry :P

But as I told him, Depends will not only help both with the beating, but also with the involuntary response that might occur before and or after the beating

I wouldn't worry . . . the majority of your Dad's anger should have already been dispelled when he found out about the tickets in the first place.

Also, I'm sad to say, but your riding seasons are over for the next three years. Even if you had a clean record, it sounds like you are under 25 so you would be paying just slightly more than a fortune.

Good luck.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    Actually it says "We regret to inform you that the above noted policy will not be renewed at its expiry for one or a combination of the following reasons"

It says "one or a combination" not "for the following". It looks like a form letter they use. Covers all reasons for non-renewal.
    Yes, it will be a standard form with the "Insert name here" and "Inset Policy Number Here", etc.

I can bet that the non-renewal is due to the four simultaneous convictions.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Here is what you will need to sign for every vehicle in you household, and you will no longer be covered on the vehicles (which includes the bike):

http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/English/PU.../a-03_05-1.pdf

Next time fight your tickets . . . I can't believe they nailed you with four at once. I know you messed up, but they were pretty cruel with you.

Good luck.

My mistake, you're right. But here's a question, Do you still have your G1? You mentioned that you were G1 when all of this happened. G1 drivers typically are noted on a policy but are not named drivers until they receive their G2. Were you convicted before or after you received your G2? If you were convicted after your G2 all of this makes sense and is probably attributable directly to you. If you received your G2 after the convictions then they should have found them when your father added you to the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    My mistake, you're right. But here's a question, Do you still have your G1? You mentioned that you were G1 when all of this happened. G1 drivers typically are noted on a policy but are not named drivers until they receive their G2. Were you convicted before or after you received your G2? If you were convicted after your G2 all of this makes sense and is probably attributable directly to you. If you received your G2 after the convictions then they should have found them when your father added you to the policy.

I still have my G1, and this all happened when I still had my G1. I was on the policy when I recieved my G1/M2. I need to get my G2 April which is next month so that is a full 12 months.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

will he be equally upset that you opened his mail too?

good luck with your problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LannyNguyen View Post
    I still have my G1, and this all happened when I still had my G1. I was on the policy when I recieved my G1/M2. I need to get my G2 April which is next month so that is a full 12 months.
    it looks like you won't easily be able to get your G1 unless the date of renewal is after your G1 date.

so did u tell ur dad yet?

It is silent in this thread... anyone check out city news to see if a Vietnamese man was murdered this afternoon?

that happened to me too, I went to court, re-opened my cases, (not appealed) re-opened... so the cases went back to pending for trial status, that cleaned my drivers abstract, got a new policy... and signed with my fathers policy that I will not drive his cars and removed my name from his, so he's not screwed.

Looks like my riding days are over.
    He called the insurance, and gave him a chance. But they said they were going to cancel him, they said will not renew means same crap as cancelling.
    They're going to send me the contract of excluding me, and have to fax it back.
    Thanks for the help, anyways, lesson learned. I f'd up my life, and his premium is going to be the same. The tickets, only 2 were major, it will be cleared after 3 years, and then I can go find a insurance company that will hire me. I'm 17, turning 18 this year. After 3 years, I will be 21, which means a little on insurance being lowered.

Thanks again, I'll probably be lurking around the forums. See you guys in 3 years.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

Looks like my riding days are over.
    He called the insurance, and gave him a chance. But they said they were going to cancel him, they said will not renew means same crap as cancelling.
    They're going to send me the contract of excluding me, and have to fax it back.
    Thanks for the help, anyways, lesson learned. I f'd up my life, and his premium is going to be the same. The tickets, only 2 were major, it will be cleared after 3 years, and then I can go find a insurance company that will hire me. I'm 17, turning 18 this year. After 3 years, I will be 21, which means a little on insurance being lowered.

Thanks again, I'll probably be lurking around the forums. See you guys in 3 years.
    They are wrong, not renewing is not the same as cancelling. Do not believe the person that claims it is. If I chose to not renew with my current company I am not cancelling it, I am simply not renewing it. English may be a quirky language, but some things are just plain simple with it.

They are wrong, not renewing is not the same as cancelling. Do not believe the person that claims it is. If I chose to not renew with my current company I am not cancelling it, I am simply not renewing it. English may be a quirky language, but some things are just plain simple with it.

Well they said they were going to cancel it.. I don't know what my father is saying. But it's fine now. I'm just excluded and f'd for 3 years. And then paying a ******** in the future.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

1. Driving at 4AM unlawful time.
    2. Driving with a passenger with no 4 years experience.
    3. Driving with a G1 class license.
    4. Making an illegal left hand turn.

'You probably would have been okay had you not made that illegal left turn. I mean that's what got you stopped... Right?

Hard lesson learned there.

If you really wanna ride... Get a sex change and come back as Lanna Nguyen.

Quote Originally Posted by CONTROL ONE View Post
    He can just exclude you from the policy. Endorsement 28A it's called.

Then you can never drive his vehicle, but really you don't deserve to anyways after what you've done without his knowledge.

If I had a son and he did that that's the first thing I'd be telling my insurance company - lets exclude the little bastard until the tickets come off his record. If he wants to drive, he can get his own insurance.
    Pretty much the reason why I decided to get my own policy. If you screw up, you screw yourself and not anyone else in the process and maybe then one will understand what responsibility really means.