TD Meloche Monnex, Do you belong to a professional Org? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TD Meloche Monnex, Do you belong to a professional Org?

Re: TD Meloche Monnex, Do you belong to a professional Org?

Just called TD MM, and I am glad I did, since I have P.Eng. and I am a UofT grad (apparently, both discounts apply somehow).

Will get new car insurance, new home insurance and *brand new* bike insurance for GS500F. Switching car insurance and home insurance from State Farm, with whom I have been since 2003 or 2004.

Car insurance will go down just over $40/month , home insurance will go down about $3-4 a month (condo insurance is cheap), bike insurance will be very reasonable - depending on the options that I will choose it will be between $990 and $1150 (most likely the higher number). 28/m with G/M2. Considering that insurance rates in Etobicoke are generally higher than in other areas, I am happy.

I get one of the best group rates available with TDMM... I am in love... seriously.

Saved hundreds and hundreds of $$ with them.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I get one of the best group rates available with TDMM... I am in love... seriously.

Saved hundreds and hundreds of $$ with them.
    What group is that, Professional Computer Geeks ?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Just called TD MM, and I am glad I did, since I have P.Eng. and I am a UofT grad (apparently, both discounts apply somehow).

Will get new car insurance, new home insurance and *brand new* bike insurance for GS500F. Switching car insurance and home insurance from State Farm, with whom I have been since 2003 or 2004.

Car insurance will go down just over $40/month , home insurance will go down about $3-4 a month (condo insurance is cheap), bike insurance will be very reasonable - depending on the options that I will choose it will be between $990 and $1150 (most likely the higher number). 28/m with G/M2. Considering that insurance rates in Etobicoke are generally higher than in other areas, I am happy.
    I have a 05 cbr 600rr and i pay 1200 for full coverage with STATEFARM. I'm 29 with 2 tickets which are gone in feb 2010. seems a little high on bike insurance on a gs500.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    What group is that, Professional Computer Geeks ?
    Close

Quote Originally Posted by Domon View Post
    I have a 05 cbr 600rr and i pay 1200 for full coverage with STATEFARM. I'm 29 with 2 tickets which are gone in feb 2010. seems a little high on bike insurance on a gs500.
    I can tell you for sure that I am not going back to StateFarm any time soon 'cause they have been screwing me with high car insurance for quite a while now. Yes, I have 1 speeding ticket in the last 3 years, that's all. So now my insurance is $40/mnth less than with SF (02 Chrysler 300m Special). There is something seriously wrong with SF.

I am with TD MM for my car. I have the PEO discount, and the girl over the phone told me the PEO is the deepest discount they offer. On bikes that are non sportbikes they are by far cheaper than anything out there. Unfortunately their sportbike surcharge is somewhere around 300-400% which makes them less competitive.

But from what I hear from those with sportbikes and are 25 or 30+ years old they are still fairly competitive.

Also at one point they werent surcharging the triumph daytona 675, so I almost got one of those. I would love to be riding around a sport bike and paying only ~$1300. I am 22, this is like a dream for me at this point.

I'm with TDMM on the PEO discount, I pay $3100 full coverage on my sv650s.. This is after a multiline discount from my car and my dad's house. MM professional discount is by far the best rate for auto insurance I have found, bikes however not so much. I will be switching to SF before it renews this up coming February.

Im with TDMM for my car and house insurance and with statefarm for the bike. TDMM has really good rates for the cars and the house but is more than statefarm for the bike

I have been shopping around and so far I have been quoted the following for an '09 250R.

Myself: 24, One @ Fault Claim, M2, Full G for +4 years
    Best rate so far...

TD Meloche Monnex: OACETT Discount (15&#37 - $1458 (Liability)
    Last edited by Gepetto; 11-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Professional Engineers get the best rates MMI offers. The will bend over backwards for PEOs. Accountants get pretty decent rates as well. All Universities get their average rates. They do not like sportbikes. Their sister company Primmum does insure sportbikes but the rates are not very competitive in most cases. Not sure if things have changed but before 2006 they had a loop hole for Ducatis - none fell under their restricted list.
    10 BMW S1000RR Motorsport Team colors, 09 Aprilia Dorsoduro Black sold, 05 Yamaha R1 Black left in Montreal, 00 Yamaha R6 left in Halifax.

I have my car with td, on the PEO group policy.

TD quoted me over $14,000/yr to insure my silly little 500cc, no tickets or accidents. They were serious too! It must have been Indian call center guy's first day, and he gave me the price in rupees or something. Honestly, it seemed like he thought it was totally reasonable.

Currently paying ~800/yr with state farm. Even with the state farm multivehicle discount, I pay less overall by having the car with TD.