Southern Ontario Tracks

Thread: Southern Ontario Tracks

Southern Ontario Tracks

Hey just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with the mx track called "The Pit" in Thamesford ?

Also does anyone know if the track conditions have changed over the years at eagles nest or is it still hard as pavement ?

Thanks.

Re: Southern Ontario Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by barry4 View Post
    Hey just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with the mx track called "The Pit" in Thamesford ?

Also does anyone know if the track conditions have changed over the years at eagles nest or is it still hard as pavement ?

Thanks.
    The Pit is closed to the public.

Eagles Nest is and always will be pavement.

Jumping on pavement is fun.

Yeah, try eagle's nest, it's basically pavement... but I don't suggest it after a rain, nice hard clay, with a slick topping after a rain equals way too much to worry about to have any fun while dodging the craters in the landing zones... And has he gotten rid of that tire that sticks out where you land on that jump that is kind of on a corner in the middle of the track yet?!

Ya i raced there a few years ago and vowed to never go back again. I was hoping they finally put the track fees to work but I guess not.

As of The Pit, that sucks they closed it up. I also raced there and it was one of the best and only public tracks around.

There are loads of tracks in SWO, Fourwinds in Port Perry, Gopher Dunes in Courtland, Moto Park in...um...north west somewhere??, RJ's in Barrie, Grand Bend in London, Kawartha Downs in Lindsay, and there are many, many more. Southern Ontario has the strongest moto industry in the country...we are lucky like that.
    She's got pipes louder than the Devil can screem

Kawartha is having zoning issues again. Last year we got lucky to use it a few times but as of this year, as far as I'm aware, we can't use it.
    Moto Park is about 20 mins south of Owen Sound on hwy 6

If your looking for track info, a list of tracks can be found at a few of these sites.

www.cmxracing.ca

http://www.cmrcracing.com

www.tvrmx.com

http://www.mmrs.ca

That should keep you busy all summer long

MMRS is a wicked series, I raced it last year. You get a full practice day on saturday and the racing on sunday is very organized, I was out of there by around 3 every sunday, wich is nice to have time to drive home and clean up.