Rider goes down... right infront of me - Page 19

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Rider goes down... right infront of me

Re: Rider goes down... right infront of me

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    driver quality had taken a nose dive in the last 10 years.
    It's just like Markham now.

hmm, I wouldn't say driver quality is great in Markham but I can't see it being any worse than say Etobicoke.

i've been away from riding for the last 5 years (rusty and paranoid!) and coming back I've noticed that pretty much wherever I go there is some idiot not paying attention or worse. And I think it's a lot worse now than ever.

This was a terrible thing that happened, I hope it's the last one this year.

Loving life..

(It's only a matter of time.)

**The artist formerly known as Lucky Draggin**

Not a chance. Every year, it's gotten worse and worse.
    I'm hoping that the new law about hands free phones will help a little bit.
    But the thing that I can't stand is how people will just walk out from the sidewalk right into you.
    Don't people have any self preservation skills any more?

Kids are the worse.

It's like they think they own the road, and I have to stop before I hit them.
    They've never heard of "right of way."
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Idealy riders get a bad wrap and all we have to do to get licenced is wright a bloody test. They run you trew the gammit to get a g license and these ******** forget everything they were tought the moment they get behind the wheel.
    We as riders have to keep up our gaurd all the time and be aware of these dangers because we dont win when up against these self absorbed **** heads
    talking on their cell phones not paying attention to anything but how important what they are doing is.
    It has happened way to much and we have a job to do as riders..............
    It should no longer be our jobs to ensure safety. We should create awareness to all these insinifigant **** hole cars idiots. Put a bumper sticker on every motor vehicle reminding all of us that we share the roads with bikes children cyclists and more importantly our family's in general
    the motorcycle comunity lost a great guy yesterday we have to pay more atention life is to valuable
    r.i.p. Steven you will be missed.
    Keep it twisted in heaven.
    SPEED DOESN'T KILL SUDDEN STOPS DO
    SO DON'T SLOW DOWN

stoney7creek

How much you wanna bet this lady was on her freakin' cell? Every time I see someone in front of me do something stupid that I have to react to when riding...he/she is on a cellphone! I am SO glad we now give out tickets for this...I just hope they're enforcing it, cause I have yet to hear of someone getting a ticket. (?)

RIDE SAFE - WATCH YOUR BACK

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Although the "hands-free" law has been passed, it will not take affect until sometime in the fall. The date hasn't been announced yet. Until that time, it isn't being enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney7creek View Post
    How much you wanna bet this lady was on her freakin' cell? Every time I see someone in front of me do something stupid that I have to react to when riding...he/she is on a cellphone! I am SO glad we now give out tickets for this...I just hope they're enforcing it, cause I have yet to hear of someone getting a ticket. (?)

RIDE SAFE - WATCH YOUR BACK
    How much you wanna bet she wasn't! I spend some 5 hours on the roads driving around Toronto every day. Yes there are some idiots out there who stick a phone up to their ear and forget how to drive but it's far more disturbing how many people are out here NOT talking on the phone who are completely incapable of driving!
    We hand out driver license like it's candy. There are a lot of people out there who just should not be driving, as they completely lack the skills and intelligence to safely operate a vehicle on the road.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by de Jager View Post
    Although the "hands-free" law has been passed, it will not take affect until sometime in the fall. The date hasn't been announced yet. Until that time, it isn't being enforced.
    I doubt it will even be enforced after that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickflyer View Post
    I doubt it will even be enforced after that date.
    Oh it will be because it's a huge cash cow for the Province. Last year Quebec introduced a similar law and placed over 12,000 charges since last July. In Ontario it will be a $500 fine...it will make a nice economic bailout for the Province. $6million is a nice chunk of change.

Oh it will be because it's a huge cash cow for the Province. Last year Quebec introduced a similar law and placed over 12,000 charges since last July. In Ontario it will be a $500 fine...it will make a nice economic bailout for the Province. $6million is a nice chunk of change.

My home, Newfoundland and Labrador, had this enforced years ago and it is very effictive. I'm happy to hear this, however, there is a huge increase of meat heads behind the wheel. The other day driving to work, I was behind a car at a red light on Lawerence and Avenue road, I keep my clutch engaged at all times, took my eyes off the mirror because all the cars stopped behind me and bang. This dumbass who bearly speaks a spit of an translationable engrish actually took his foot of the break and swiped me enough to knock my bike to the left and stall it. No damage done, but his ego is surely shaken. Lately, I have been very afraid to take Lawerence, but it doesn't seem to matter which route I'm on, at least 3-4 times a week, I'm wailing on the horn and scream at people not to tail a bike or look out when your trying to move in and out of traffic quickly. My throttle saved me more then once the past 2 weeks.

I've read many, many threads on GTAM, but its this one that I will never forget.

Anybody keep in touch with the victims and know how they are coping almost a year later?

Hey Sunny...this was the incident that started so many changes in my life. It was what got me off my arse to finally do what I was considering for a long time but never got around too. RoadAwareness.ca was the result.

I haven't talked to them in a long time but when I last touched base, they were doing well...all things considered.

I will try and reach out to them to follow up. It's been 10mths.

Hey Sunny...this was the incident that started so many changes in my life. It was what got me off my arse to finally do what I was considering for a long time but never got around too. RoadAwareness.ca was the result.

I haven't talked to them in a long time but when I last touched base, they were doing well...all things considered.

I will try and reach out to them to follow up. It's been 10mths.
    Yeah... I remember the day we went to the first RoadAwareness meeting at HW10... it was soooo cold that day
    ================================
    '00, CBR 929rr
    If you steal my bike, I will steal your soul.

RoadAwareness.ca was the result.
    By the way Shawn, props to whom ever came up with the re-design of the site, that video on the homepage is a good one, wish everyone would get the message. Seat belts are the reason i'm alive right now, I can't stand seeing people drive without them, thinking there invincible. Keep up the good work.
    SOAR Novice #113

The website re-design was done last year by www.one08.ca. They were great and donated their time to come up with the current theme.

As for content updates...that's up to me on a regular basis. I'm pleased to have some additional contributors now though, who either provide content or ideas.

RoadAwareness is wrapping up year #1...
    http://www.roadawareness.org/news/we-had-a-great-year/