Rider goes down... right infront of me - Page 18

Thread: Rider goes down... right infront of me

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rider goes down... right infront of me

I'm at the Second Cup, Hwy10/Eglinton... bang. I walk out.... i see the ****ing lady walk out of her SUV with her entire front bumper ripped off... and oh ****, my prayers are with the two riders... two passengers on the gixxer, wearing light armour.....

07/08 Blue/White Gixxer 600.......

My prayers are with them. Anyone know have more details?

I'm not going to post any pictures out of respect, but here's what I captured last:

My heart is still racing.....

*UPDATE*

SUV driver may be at fault in motorcycle crash

2009-03-19 12:20:14.000

Police are looking into witness accounts that the driver of an SUV illegally entered a busy Mississauga intersection yesterday before crashing into a motorcycle, sending the driver and his passenger to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
    Peel Regional Police said today that the motorcyclist, 30, and his female passenger, 22, are expected to live following the rush-hour collision at Hurontario St. and Eglinton Ave.
    Motorcyclists from across the GTA are outraged. Several will be at a rally tonight at the intersection because they believe there needs to be increased awareness among drivers of larger vehicles to be cautious sharing the road with motorcyclists. Police will also be at the rally.
    "The weather is warming and more and more riders are on the roads. This tragic incident should be a reminder to all that cars share the roads with bikes and that we must all be aware of each other," said Shaun de Jager, an avid motorcyclist who organized the rally. "There is no excuse for paying anything less than 100 per cent attention to the road and our surroundings."
    The motorcyclist was airlifted to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto after his Suzuki collided with a Honda CRV at about 5 p.m.
    Peel Cst. J.P. Valade said the man's condition has improved. He has serious leg injuries, but is expected to survive.
    The passenger was initially taken to Credit Valley Hospital. She was also transferred to Sunnybrook. She, too, is expected to live.
    The 62-year-old female driver of the SUV was not injured.
    Officers with the Major Collision Bureau are investigating whether the woman entered the intersection improperly, believing she had an advanced green light to make a left turn.
    The accident brought traffic to a halt, as police closed off a large area surrounding the intersection. Lane closures lasted well into the night.
    Police have issued an appeal for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 905-453-2121, ext. 3710.
    lrosella@mississauga.net

Last edited by moosio; 03-19-2009 at 01:15 PM.