pulled over today - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pulled over today

Re: pulled over today

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    my rides get searched all the time! due to association with know drug offenders, ******** since ive never been booked for trafficing!
    Why do you let them?
    They can't search your car without a good reason (and there better be a dead body in your trunk), unless you let them.
    Did you ever ask them why are they seaching your ride?

I don't know why ppl think that they'll ever win against cops.

If your story is even true, why do you think you got pulled over? Cuz you gave 'attitude'. And if the cop's dialogue is true, why do you think they're targeting? Cuz bikers are great ppl and they never give cops reason to? You just reaffirmed their ever growing stereotype that bikers are punks.

james
    07 Harley Sportster

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

Can we make a category called, "My skills suck, lemme tell you why.." forum?

Interesting information, thanks.

I know how to change that, it costs a lot of money but down the road the ROI can be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    was it Metro?

according to a TPS copper

"The info he probably looked at was a contact card that an Officer fills out when he or she feels there is "good to know" information, usually for future reference etc."

iirc - when you had your bike swiped that day you freaked on the cop (can't really blame you for the reaction)....and I believe he tried to make a big deal about this in court too? and the judge basically told him to stfu

so you've been blacklisted dude

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    I don't know why ppl think that they'll ever win against cops.

If your story is even true, why do you think you got pulled over? Cuz you gave 'attitude'. And if the cop's dialogue is true, why do you think they're targeting? Cuz bikers are great ppl and they never give cops reason to? You just reaffirmed their ever growing stereotype that bikers are punks.

And in your best opinion is it OK to "practice law enforcement" based on stereotypes and attitudes???
    Policing is such a delicate matter for the lack of better description on my part that I think a cop has to be able take anything (short of breaking some law) thrown at him and smile. And please don't say that a cop is just like everyone else, that he's human, etc etc etc, cause so is a pathologist. If a cop can't cope with the stresses of the job he shouldn't be a cop.
    On the other hand, you suggest that it's ok for a cop to retaliate. But in reality, it shows how helpless cops that do feel towards fighting crime and real bad guys, so they take their frustration on regular joes.
    Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    yep.
    but hit them with a lawsuit and all of a suddent they stay clear of me..
    funny how that works
    Maybe they "flagged" you as "untouchable" now
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Well I dont know if the whole being flagged or not concept is true about being pulled over randomly. I was just out on my bike and out of no where got pulled over. I asked the officer what seems to be the problem and he said just checking for proper paper work. While he was looking over my paperwork I asked him why such an interest in my paper work and he said because a lot of bikes at this time of year dont have proper insurance. After checking me out he told me to have a good day and be on my way. Now the reason why Im saying this is because I dont have any priors at all my G and my M2 are clean! I guess the cops are just pulling bikes over randomly now for the hell of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms Busa View Post
    Well I dont know if the whole being flagged or not concept is true about being pulled over randomly. I was just out on my bike and out of no where got pulled over. I asked the officer what seems to be the problem and he said just checking for proper paper work. While he was looking over my paperwork I asked him why such an interest in my paper work and he said because a lot of bikes at this time of year dont have proper insurance. After checking me out he told me to have a good day and be on my way. Now the reason why Im saying this is because I dont have any priors at all my G and my M2 are clean! I guess the cops are just pulling bikes over randomly now for the hell of it!
    Random document checks. At this time of year a rather large number of riders are out on the road, prior to having acquired insurance. For the police it's like fishing with dynamite; they're guaranteed of catching SOMETHING.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by g4getmoney View Post
    This is how it went.
    Officer, so, how much is your insurance? G, why is that relevant. Officer, just wondering. G, $100 or so a month. Officer, That's it? Even with the Stunt Driving charge?

This is what bothered me about his statement:
    1 - He could not distinguish that I was not convicted and proven innocent
    2 - He has access to INACCURATE information which incriminates me and slanders my image, which should not be displayed anywhere for any reason as a judge has heard the story and ruled for innocence

I'm going to speak to an attorney about this, I'm a student now, and I don't have much money, but I won't let this slide. I have ALL of the officer's information, a copy of my original disclosure, a horror story of dealing with the impound process (charged 9 days, keys were lost and had to be cut, property stolen off bike and KM hiked).

I'm going to war, this is enough. I can let a few things slide, but sometimes enough is enough.

In a few years or so, I'll no longer be a resident of Ontario, but in the mean while, I have to do something.
    Same thing with criminal charges. You could be charged with the worst offences possible, but found completely innocent in court. You are still stuck with an FPS number and your finger prints on file. Not to mention all the media coverage you would have received.

I was riding along steeles today and passed a couple speed traps. On one of them a cop got behind me and followed me almost all the way to Kennedy and steeles. He started following way back by the road leading to the T.O zoo. My wife was on the back and we were doing the usual hand signals as we were pointing things out (we're married she can read my mind). When we stopped at a red light he pulled up beside us and asked if we were using a device to talk to each other. I said no, hand signals. He then drove off and turned around and went back the way we came from.. I thought it was weird.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Hindle Full system with Carbon Fiber can
    Power Commander III

Quote Originally Posted by 08R6 View Post
    I was riding along steeles today and passed a couple speed traps. On one of them a cop got behind me and followed me almost all the way to Kennedy and steeles. He started following way back by the road leading to the T.O zoo. My wife was on the back and we were doing the usual hand signals as we were pointing things out (we're married she can read my mind). When we stopped at a red light he pulled up beside us and asked if we were using a device to talk to each other. I said no, hand signals. He then drove off and turned around and went back the way we came from.. I thought it was weird.
    Wonder where he was going with this???

Careless??

Don't know if he was just curious! Its not illegal to have a chatterbox anyway, is it?

I'm not sure how they work but I am assuming it is completely handsfree so the cell phone law couldn't even be used.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Hindle Full system with Carbon Fiber can
    Power Commander III

might be a little of track but

can cops pull you over anywhere? when or how does jurisdiction take place exactly?
    for example:
    if you were riding south of steeles (toronto/north york) and you have a toronto cop following you (for whatever reason) and then you go north of steeles (york region) do the toronto cops still have authority over you or are they out of their jurisdiction and which means only a york region cop can pull you over? and vice versa?

"We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever's funny." -Hunter S. Thompson

You know what sucks, if we lived anywhere but here or the US, this wouldn't be happening at all...I really disagree with the way things are done here, where did the presumption of innocence go? Why do we have to get used to being targeted and harassed if there is no reason in for it the first place?

If a cop pulls you over for no reason, wastes 15 minutes of your time for no reason, the least he could do is not act as if he just did you a favor. I'm pretty sick of treating these people with respect when they can't even show an ounce of it to me.
    Last edited by Persian-Rice; 03-17-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by Persian-Rice View Post
    You know what sucks, if we lived anywhere but here or the US, this wouldn't be happening at all...I really disagree with the way things are done here, where did the presumption of innocence go? Why do we have to get used to being targeted and harassed if there is no reason in for it the first place?

If a cop pulls you over for no reason, wastes 15 minutes of your time for no reason, the least he could do is not act as if he just did you a favor. I'm pretty sick of treating these people with respect when they can't even show an ounce of it to me.
    Anywhere else it would either be accepted as general practice, or you would be jailed for showing the temerity to question being stopped. All in all, we have it pretty good.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Anywhere else it would either be accepted as general practice, or you would be jailed for showing the temerity to question being stopped. All in all, we have it pretty good.
    I don't think that's the case man, I've been to many countries overseas and most police forces don't harrass you like the police do here. At least in many of the countries that do bug you like this, you can pay them off to let you go.

It's not as uncivilized out there as you might think it is. TBH, cops in many other countries don't get paid enough or arent on a pedestal high enough to actually care to bother people with random spot checks.
    Last edited by Persian-Rice; 03-17-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    ZX6R

I don't think that's the case man, I've been to many countries overseas and most police forces don't harrass you like the police do here. At least in many of the countries that do bug you like this, you can pay them off to let you go.

It's not as uncivilized out there as you might think it is. TBH, cops in many other countries don't get paid enough or arent on a pedestal high enough to actually care to bother people with random spot checks.
    You can also pay them off to go after someone else, or to look the other way when you're doing something that you shouldn't in those places.

At least in many of the countries that do bug you like this, you can pay them off to let you go.

Who said you can't do that here? (serious)

Trust me on this one the Police keep records of everything. I'm on my second time of an vindictive ex wife filing false assult charges in order to get our son away from me when i was the custodial parents and had him 4 days to her 3.
    First time she finally admitted she lied day of the trial after learning i had 4 witnesses to tell the court the exact opposite of what she told police and that i wanted my day in court to prove she was a liar.

Whenever i cross the border they ask me if i have been arrested before and i say smae story about ex wife telling a lie to steal our son and they let me enter the US. I get pulled over this winter in a ride check and after running my plate they ask if i have ever been arrested and when i ask why they say just answer don't be a problem maker and tell them same thing about the EX.

The only way to make it totally go away is to pay to have a pardon even though both the Ex and I were given keep the peace bonds and we never broke them it is still on my record even though i was otld it would be gone if the peace bonds were not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by pei View Post
    can cops pull you over anywhere? when or how does jurisdiction take place exactly?
    for example:
    if you were riding south of steeles (toronto/north york) and you have a toronto cop following you (for whatever reason) and then you go north of steeles (york region) do the toronto cops still have authority over you or are they out of their jurisdiction and which means only a york region cop can pull you over? and vice versa?
    All police officers in Ontario are sworn to uphold the laws of Ontario. If a Kingston officer happens to be in Windsor and sees you do something bad, it is entirely possible that he could do something about it there. The only thing "jurisdiction" means, is where they are being PAID to make their rounds. Crossing the city boundary while being chased, only works in the Dukes of Hazzard.

Not looking to jack the thread, but this is exactly how other agencies monitor compliance...fish and game, MTO, some environmental agencies, etc.
    Don't forget, the HTA allows if not outright compells the police to check for compliance when they feel such an inspection is warranted. If you don't like random, how do like all the truck inspection stations? It takes about an hour and a half for a full inspection, and that's if they find nothing wrong. The police, although rarely, have set up "safety blitzes" for different categories of vehicles such as tow trucks, old crusty cars, modified cars, etc. It's a very useful tool, and at least it is pro-active instead of reactive. They always check documents in these blitzes too.