pulled over today

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pulled over today

pulled over today

Traveling westbound on Steeles, passed Kennedy and saw a cop cruiser going Eastbound, giving me the dirtiest look posssible (while his car drifted into the lane beside him). Naturally I stared him down and continued on my way, maintaining the pace of traffic.
    Two minutes later, he pulls me over, same guy, I knew he was coming.

Comes up to me says, insurance and license please, a lot of you guys are driving uninsured these days. I said and what exactly was I pulled over for, he says routine spot check. I said, everything is in order I'm on my way to school and this is a waste of both of our time, and handed him my papers.

Everything checks out and he says to me, I ride too, 06 633, I mean 636. I laughed. He goes, I keep mine clean though, you should wash yours up a bit. I told him that's what happens when you ride your bike, dirt builds up. He goes, you should wait until mid may to start riding, when all your buddies come out because right now the police are going to pursue anyone riding. I told him that's why his bike is so clean.

He starts inspecting my tires, when did you put these on, how much life is in them? I said I'm not a tire expert, I'd be happy to let him pull out the gauge (these tires have 2k on them).

He then mumbles a story about how he chased some guy down the other week, and says, and I caught him.

Then he called me out on my past charges for stunt driving, and how there were notes I tried to run from the police. I told him, if that were true there wouldn't be any notes of it.

He smirked. I smirked.

I told him to have a wonderful day and left.

He was a younger dude, seemed cool towards me, but like he was trying to prove something. Gave me a bit of a hard time, but overall, I knew there was nothing he could ticket me with.

No point of this post. Just know to keep your heads up cause they are on some sort of search for insurance.

At least I got an opportunity to see my tax dollars at work, and I wasn't too impressed, there are better investments, at least on Nortel you can claim capital loss lol.

Cheers.
    Last edited by g4getmoney; 03-16-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Re: pulled over today

It's amazing you got pulled over without getting ticketed. That doesn't happen often.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by g4getmoney View Post
    Traveling westbound on Steeles, passed Kennedy and saw a cop cruiser going Eastbound, giving me the dirtiest look posssible (while his car drifted into the lane beside him). Naturally I stared him down and continued on my way, maintaining the pace of traffic.
    Two minutes later, he pulls me over, same guy, I knew he was coming.

Comes up to me says, insurance and license please, a lot of you guys are driving uninsured these days. I said and what exactly was I pulled over for, he says routine spot check. I said, everything is in order I'm on my way to school and this is a waste of both of our time, and handed him my papers.

Everything checks out and he says to me, I ride too, 06 633, I mean 636. I laughed. He goes, I keep mine clean though, you should wash yours up a bit. I told him that's what happens when you ride your bike, dirt builds up. He goes, you should wait until mid may to start riding, when all your buddies come out because right now the police are going to pursue anyone riding. I told him that's why his bike is so clean.

He starts inspecting my tires, when did you put these on, how much life is in them? I said I'm not a tire expert, I'd be happy to let him pull out the gauge (these tires have 2k on them).

He then mumbles a story about how he chased some guy down the other week, and says, and I caught him.

Then he called me out on my past charges for stunt driving, and how there were notes I tried to run from the police. I told him, if that were true there wouldn't be any notes of it.

He smirked. I smirked.

I told him to have a wonderful day and left.

He was a younger dude, seemed cool towards me, but like he was trying to prove something. Gave me a bit of a hard time, but overall, I knew there was nothing he could ticket me with.

No point of this post. Just know to keep your heads up cause they are on some sort of search for insurance.

At least I got an opportunity to see my tax dollars at work, and I wasn't too impressed, there are better investments, at least on Nortel you can claim capital loss lol.

Cheers.
    Doesnt sound like he was toooooooooo bad. I can understand the "random spot check" especially when its so early in the season. If he gives your bike a once over without harrassing you too bad.. meh.. I've had worse.

I never like being pulled over for no reason though... always that voice in the back of your head saying "What if?"

Odds are that he pulled you over because you gave him some special attention. That made you look guilty. Be aware, but don't stare.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Yeah that's what he mentioned, but I couldn't help but notice how hard he was looking at me going through the intersection, I looked twice, once to be aware and the second to scratch my head lol.

He was a pretty chill dude overall, just interesting attitude in my eyes. I hate the fact that I beat the Stunt Driving charge and it keeps showing up on their computers, I mean, I'm innocent, and since he can see it, I'm pretty sure it's easy for all officers to access that information, which makes me a target for being pulled over. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

I guess complaining won't change that though. Will that ever disappear or is it permanent?

When I make my money the tables will turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Odds are that he pulled you over because you gave him some special attention. That made you look guilty. Be aware, but don't stare.

Definitely profiling. If you were riding a dual sport or a cruiser they wouldn't have looked twice.

are "random spot checks " legal?
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Banned

Next time ask him to show you HIS ID. Tell him there are fake Police pulling people over and you want to verify who he is FIRST
    Ask him to call his boss over to verify....

Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    are "random spot checks " legal?
    Yes. Stopping someone for a document check is legal. Happened all the time when I was street racing.

However if you ask why you were pulled over and the officer refuses to answer, that is illegal. Or at least any charges he issues you can be thrown out in court. Also the result of my street racing days lol.
    Wow, I didn't know we'd become such good friends, because if we had, you'd know that I give **** before I give favors and I don't even give my best friends **** so your chances of getting a favor are pretty ******* slim. - Go

so, are scrubs with good depth down the middle legal?

He was a pretty chill dude overall, just interesting attitude in my eyes. I hate the fact that I beat the Stunt Driving charge and it keeps showing up on their computers, I mean, I'm innocent, and since he can see it, I'm pretty sure it's easy for all officers to access that information, which makes me a target for being pulled over. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Dude this is scary. How is it possible they have notes of you in the computer after you beat the charge? Does this mean that even though people win their tickets in court, the police still has their profile and charges history in the police computer database?

This is what happens in communism. If you get a tainted profile it affects you and your relatives for the rest of your lives. You become the lowest strata of the communist society, the persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by overkill13 View Post
    Yes. Stopping someone for a document check is legal. Happened all the time when I was street racing.

However if you ask why you were pulled over and the officer refuses to answer, that is illegal. Or at least any charges he issues you can be thrown out in court. Also the result of my street racing days lol.

Really???? Illegal??? Thrown out???

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    Dude this is scary. How is it possible they have notes of you in the computer after you beat the charge? Does this mean that even though people win their tickets in court, the police still has their profile and charges history in the police computer database?.
    I agree with this sentiment and wonder if anyone here can offer any insight?

I thought your driving record was based on convictions and not charges?

sliding down the slope it would appear

Could be flagged on CPIC as "E" which is escape or flight risk. But that is usually for criminal charges onlym regardless of conviction usually.

Perhaps on Niche, which is the report system he could be flagged as a possible flight risk.

I don't think there is anyway for the MTO to flag a person that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment and wonder if anyone here can offer any insight?

I thought your driving record was based on convictions and not charges?

sliding down the slope it would appear
    I'm pretty sure this is referring to the illegal database each police force maintains about who they encounter and why. I think the original intent was to keep track of the real bad guys in society, the rapists, drug dealers, child molesters but it's warped into keeping tabs on the average guy. The way I see it, if you were acquitted it means it DIDN'T happen so why should an officer have a record of something that didn't happen which could potentially affect a future action by said officer? It's a blatant violation of our rights and I'm surprised nobody has filed for disclosure of that information (maybe it's protected?). If you can prove there were notes in there about yourself, and you can get the officer to admit he viewed them before issuing your ticket it would be an interesting case.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    Could be flagged on CPIC as "E" which is escape or flight risk. But that is usually for criminal charges onlym regardless of conviction usually.

Perhaps on Niche, which is the report system he could be flagged as a possible flight risk.

I don't think there is anyway for the MTO to flag a person that way.
    Smoke, I was told each police force maintains their own electronic 'notes' which can be shared with other police forces, is that correct?
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    Smoke, I was told each police force maintains their own electronic 'notes' which can be shared with other police forces, is that correct?
    Each police service does have an information system for reports etc. All incidents are reported on there. Some are "reportable" some are not. If you are dealt with by the police due to an "incident", then you will likely be on there.

Some police services use the same system therefore information can be shared. Others have their own systems that are not accessible.

Then if I had g4getmoney's profile, I'd be scrared as hell every time I got pulled over. This time it was a nice, calm cop pulling him over. Next time, it might be a hardcore cop who sees g4getmoney's profile and pulls out his gun to protect himself against this "criminal".

g4getmoney, if you had a lawyer to fight your case please do youself and the rest of us a favour, ask him why you have such a profile in the police computer database. You don't want that description in your profile, you'll get harrased by police everytime they run your plates randomly.

Each police service does have an information system for reports etc. All incidents are reported on there. Some are "reportable" some are not. If you are dealt with by the police due to an "incident", then you will likely be on there.

Some police services use the same system therefore information can be shared. Others have their own systems that are not accessible.
    hmmm.....we're talking HTA here.....and this sounds like criminal profiling

172 continues to defy logic and common sense and make serial criminals outta regular folks.....or at least it tries real hard to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    hmmm.....we're talking HTA here.....and this sounds like criminal profiling

172 continues to defy logic and common sense and make serial criminals outta regular folks.....or at least it tries real hard to do so?
    Usually when a part 3 summons is issued for 172 HTA, there is a report done outlining what is alleged to have happened. This is for the crown attorney. For a report to be done, an "incident" has to be created. All info re driver, vehicle, etc is added. It is there a person may be "flagged", although this is different than being flagged on CPIC.

As well, the OP does not really give much info. Cop could have been bluffing, could be from something previous, who knows.......