Ted @ Rosey Toes - Thanks! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted @ Rosey Toes - Thanks!

Re: Ted @ Rosey Toes - Thanks!

umm not 100% sure i think at 6 pm tho call and find out he wont bite over the phone....just in person

Thanks for the response.

Just went to teds to get my bike cert. took him 5 min. wrote my papers and i want on my way.

+1 for TED and his funny service.

Another thumbs up for Rosey Toes. Quick and easy cert, and showed me how to adjust the chain.

Just got my bike cert from Ted about 15 minutes ago, The guys amazing and funny as hell. Kudos to him for riding out here in the rain.
    Suzuki GSXF Katana 600

Got mine certified today. Was a little late but he called me and told me exactly how late he's gonna be! Did it in 2 minutes and gave me some advice. Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trowa View Post
    Anyone know?
    Just give him a call at normal hours and ask.
    I've called him 3 times, and all 3 times he has answered the phone.

Also safetied my bike in less than 3 minutes..... Motorcycle city wanted to keep it for 24hrs excluding weekends (I went on Saturday) and wanted to charge $80 + 10 for the actual signed paper.

I said "No thanks"... took the bike to Ted's, he certified it in less than 3 minutes and charged $40.

does he stock any tires at his shop, if so which brands?

He just changed my rear tire, no appointment, fast and a good job. Got my chain adjusted for free. Didn't charge an arm and a leg , $35.

I took my Fizzer over to him to see if the tire damage was a safety issue. Even though it was a non-paying job he was quick and friendly about it. I also get all of my tires changed at his shop.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

so its $10 per tire if you bring the rims in and $30 per tire if you ride it in ?

I called n the quote I received was $40 a tire for a 2003 Meanstreak, removed, balanced n replaced. More than what has been posted. Anyone else have any current update info?

Regards

Uncle D

Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    I called n the quote I received was $40 a tire for a 2003 Meanstreak, removed, balanced n replaced. More than what has been posted. Anyone else have any current update info?

Regards

Uncle D
    Uncle D. Change your account settings. You sent me an Email and yet have Email replies turned off. Can't expect people to respond via the same method if you have it that way.

Ted seems to pick prices out of his head depending on how the wind blows or the alignment of the sun. $40 removed for a tire removed seems about the average rate. Is your bike a shaft drive? If so, that may explain the price difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

Thanks brother, I didn't know I had the email option turned off. Has been changed.

Uncle D

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Uncle D. Change your account settings. You sent me an Email and yet have Email replies turned off. Can't expect people to respond via the same method if you have it that way.

Ted seems to pick prices out of his head depending on how the wind blows or the alignment of the sun. $40 removed for a tire removed seems about the average rate. Is your bike a shaft drive? If so, that may explain the price difference.

The removal adds quite a bit. It was $10 if you take it off and bring it to the shop.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

he came after work yesterday to certify my bike, at around 945, i would assume he works untill 9.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    Thanks brother, I didn't know I had the email option turned off. Has been changed.

Uncle D
    $40 is probably the cost of him taking the wheels off and then changing the tire
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

New to bikes, would you guys take your bike to Ted for major repairs? Or is it only a good place for just basic maintence (tire changes, oil change etc) and safety?

Quote Originally Posted by 95teggy View Post
    New to bikes, would you guys take your bike to Ted for major repairs? Or is it only a good place for just basic maintence (tire changes, oil change etc) and safety?
    Without hesitation if either one of my top 2 choices was unavailable.

I've gotta add another +1 for Ted @ Rosey Toes!

I'm buying a bike from someone, and he went to the owner's place to certify it. Called him on Friday and scheduled him for today, Monday morning. Sure enough, it's done!! $80 very well spent!!! Woo hoo!!

Another +1 ," thumbs up", "like", and "subscribe" to Ted @ Rose Toes.

Dropped by this morning to get my bike certified. Hung out for a bit 'till he got there but within 5mins he helped me out. Did the certification, recommended new tires(25,500k, almost bare), and a few jokes about his sister. The dude's straight up, no BS sales pitches, definitely worth my time and money. Now I'm all set for the season =D

Happy Riding everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."