Fantino - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantino

Re: Fantino

"The complaint, which has not been proven, alleges Fantino "engaged in unlawful acts of reprisals against defence witnesses," according to the factum" .... from the article.

How is this guy still in office. I mean honestly ... there is more and more evidence that he is not only power hungry ... but also that he holds a grudge and is very vengful. This just seems wrong for the head of police.

How long do we have to wait till he's removed .... PLEASE

Think we need to have more people sign the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/4625FA46/petition.html

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    How is this guy still in office. I mean honestly ... there is more and more evidence that he is not only power hungry ... but also that he holds a grudge and is very vengful. This just seems wrong for the head of police.

How long do we have to wait till he's removed .... PLEASE
    It is called immunity from the law.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

I'm sorry ... but I've always believed that no one was above the law ... except Steven Segal ... but anyway ... guess i was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by itr_1211 View Post

Thats a pretty useless petition there.

You are petitioning for a few requests. Request away, don't be surprised if your request is denied.

How about, instead of requesting, demanding or ordering might be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by itr_1211 View Post

Apparently The Assembly doesn't accept online petitions.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

He is trying to come out clean on this one... lets hope he sinks.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ional/Ontario/
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I want to see him get slapped down in the highest court. Maybe it would be a bit of a wake-up call?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I want to see him get slapped down in the highest court. Maybe it would be a bit of a wake-up call?
    I dunno... Third times a charm.

If he is granted his request from the highest court in ON, then that will only make him more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I dunno... Third times a charm.

If he is granted his request from the highest court in ON, then that will only make him more powerful.
    So far his hand picked adjudicator and two judges have not seen it his way. I have my doubts that he'll succeed this time.

So far his hand picked adjudicator and two judges have not seen it his way. I have my doubts that he'll succeed this time.
    I hope your right and he doesnt get to play the victim card.

I hope your right and he doesnt get to play the victim card.
    He requests a specific retired judge to act as adjudicator and then changes testimony between morning and afternoon, and gets called on it by his hand-picked man. How does he ever get to play the victim card.

He requests a specific retired judge to act as adjudicator and then changes testimony between morning and afternoon, and gets called on it by his hand-picked man. How does he ever get to play the victim card.
    I didn't realize that he picked the original guy.

Victim card as in, the highest court has vindicated me in saying that yes indeed the judge was biased against me. AKA: Poor me, everone is out to get me.

I didn't realize that he picked the original guy.

Victim card as in, the highest court has vindicated me in saying that yes indeed the judge was biased against me. AKA: Poor me, everone is out to get me.
    I read in two separate newspaper articles that Fantino had originally requested Montgomery, before things went sideways on him. Now we have two officers whose careers hang in the balance, while Fantino fights to control the hearing room.

This man should step down. A hearing about potential officer misconduct has become a circus about HIM.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 04-22-2009 at 08:15 AM.

IMO...this Nazi is getting his way yet again

this province is a complete mess

He's surely being judged by different law than ordinary citizens (because by normal standards someone would make him step down already regardless whether he looses his lawsuits or not ... ).

Disgrace.

So what is the worst thing that is going to happen to Fantino? Is he going to get charged with perjury or a criminal offence for tampering with evidence? Is he going to be forced to retire early with full pension?

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    He's surely being judged by different law than ordinary citizens (because by normal standards someone would make him step down already regardless whether he looses his lawsuits or not ... ).

Disgrace.
    That remains to be seen. He is receiving his right to appeal, which we all have. Thing is when every event becomes about just one person, it's time for that person to step aside. It's one of the reasons that Harris quit politics.

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa_chris View Post
    So what is the worst thing that is going to happen to Fantino? Is he going to get charged with perjury or a criminal offence for tampering with evidence? Is he going to be forced to retire early with full pension?
    We're only talking about it with respect to this hearing, unfortunately. If the hearing continues, then his credibility with the adjudicator is gone and his testimony all but meaningless. This will taint his word in future actions, which is why his lawyer is in such a lather to have the adjudicator tossed.

So nothing really. It is more about simply saving face.

Guelph

If he had any shred of respect for the officers under his charge, or the public trust placed in him he would step aside until this was all sorted out.

Now it looks like nothing more then a mob goon using the system to save his own a**. And while I agree that the system is in place to protect the innocent, his position makes him obligated to see justice done, and to not damage the uniform that he wears.