Stunting Charge - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunting Charge

Re: Stunting Charge

What did the cop charge you with... was it just Stunting ? or were there any other charges.....

Quote Originally Posted by havin_fun View Post
    In case no one has PM'd you yet...

NEVER ASK ANYONE TO MAKE ANY ADMISSION OF ANYTHING ON THIS OR ANY OTHER FORUM/BOARD.

The police monitor common internet sites (forums, message boards, YouTube, Facebook, etc) , trolling for just such stuff. From some of the posts I've seen here, they aren't above trying to get people to admit to actual speeds, etc.

HHMMMM!
    yes thanks I caught that one as well...big brother is watching....anyways for those who are wondering, my lawyer told me don't do anything and let him deal with them directly and he will direct me from there. Thanks to everyone for all your valuable knowledge and support. I really need it.

let us know what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    I'm betting error on the ticket and he wants to give you a new one ... Say you can't find the ticket ... or make several coloured coppies of it and give him a copy ... Either way ... theres a good bet the ticket will get dropped and you could probably sue for the impound fees... if you want to take it that far ...
    Yup Im willing to bet that too, sounds like a typical cop tactic. Just show up and say that you misplaced the ticket, you'll find out real quick if he lost his copy. And as other posters said don't take your car get a ride, besides isin't your liscence suspended for 7 days? It wouldn't hurt to call a lawyer just tell them your intrested in there services and he will tell you weather its wise to go or not for free, they don't want to lose any advantage they might have. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf2k View Post
    yes thanks I caught that one as well...big brother is watching....anyways for those who are wondering, my lawyer told me don't do anything and let him deal with them directly and he will direct me from there. Thanks to everyone for all your valuable knowledge and support. I really need it.
    What are they gonna do spend hours looking for breaks in cases for traffic court???? Never heard of such an in depth investagation for a traffic infraction.

Good for you dude.

I cant stress enough how that god damn law's a joke and the more they get pinched screwing it up the better.

How I wish you can walk away from this one man.

If you do

I would stay away from speeding for a while cause he'll be looking out for ya lol.
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Question...

Let's say such a scenario plays out. Cop gives you a ticket and then loses it. Since they have to file it within a certain time frame (I forget exactly) ...... something like 7 or so working days. Can they issue you another ticket for the exact same thing? Or would the case be tossed because the original ticket was not filed on time? Since the case gets tossed.... you can't be given another ticket for the same offense. Dunno.... just asking.

Also - this one I know. Your copy of the ticket is YOUR copy... it is YOUR property. They can't have it back unless you willingly give it to them.

sorry ... not to be a pain or anything ... but what happened ... it's been a few days now and I'm very curious ...

thanks

Officer says that I was doing 50km/hr or more (havent been told how fast) . also allegedly weaving in and out of cars and possession

they were going to go with flight from an officer as well but dropped that charge after I was very adamant on the fact that i would not do that

I didnt mention the other stuff cuz i just wanted to know what the deal was with the request to come in with the ticket, sorry
    Last edited by paulf2k; 03-11-2009 at 11:10 AM.

so have you gone in to see what the officer wanted????

no as mentioned in an earlier post, my lawyer contacted him to find out what was going on and the officer didn't bother to respond so i was instructed to do nothing until my lawyer directs me otherwise

Be prepared for a knock on your door. If it comes, remind the officer that you have obtained and instructed counsel, and that he should speak with your attorney.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

And have a security camera installed.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    And have a security camera installed.
    This will turn your laptop/PC into a two security camera recorder, with time lapse, motion detection and other goodies:

http://www.hssvss.com/

You can get decent and very cheap USB cameras from here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

well, i'm just curious to hear what the meet and greet would have been about, please keep us posted, interested to hear more.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDic View Post
    well, i'm just curious to hear what the meet and greet would have been about
    *** reaming minus the K-Y
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 03-11-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

well, i figure they would do their best at being hard ***** on the kid, it's what works on most people...but would like to know how this turns out, i know i will be in this situation at some point with the police, so might as well know ahead of time...lol...

Officer says that I was doing 50km/hr or more (havent been told how fast) .
    Isn't the leo supposed to say and write the speed on the ticket. Is that what he forgot to do?? ... LOL

Haha, THAT would be priceless. Cop didn't write it on the ticket and maybe he forgot to write it in his notebook. If that is the case then there is no evidence!

once again: step 1, get charge dismissed; step 2, file lawsuits ...

so i just picked up my bike (had to get someone to ride it for me because i cant get my license till the mto opens tomorrow) and there were cops waiting outside the pound and followed us for a good 5mins....will they ever leave me alone?