$400 Bike - Compression Test RESULTS!! w pics - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $400 Bike - Compression Test RESULTS!! w pics

Re: $400 Bike - Compression Test RESULTS!! w pics

Most bike speedos will go up to 199 km/h. No need to involve ebay. Canadian Tire, most bike stores and MEC have them in stock for ~$20. They can work fine. The hardest part is the sensor has to get within 3mm or so of the magnet on the wheel. It can be difficult to get this geometry on a motorbike.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Do you have a manual? Do you know what the specs are for compression? At least both cylinders are close to each other, that's important too. You can check if the speedo is good by removing it and insert a shaped wooden dowel into the cable mount. I use a carved chopstick. Connect it to a drill and spin the speedo. Check with both directions. Yes I have seen motorcycles with bicycle speedos and they work fine, probably much more accurate than a stock speedo. Should be okay for cert.
    Yea I have a manual, so far that’s the most expensive thing I have bought for this bike. Ill check it tomorrow. As far as the speedo checking idea that is golden, sweet sweet trick I appreciate it. Im gonna try it out for sure. If it's just the drive then I don’t mind buying a new one. If it's the cluster then it looks like I’m going the electric route.

Again, thanks for that idea I love that kinda stuff. It’s probably a common trick but I’ve never heard of it, but now I know!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Most bike speedos will go up to 199 km/h. No need to involve ebay. Canadian Tire, most bike stores and MEC have them in stock for ~$20. They can work fine. The hardest part is the sensor has to get within 3mm or so of the magnet on the wheel. It can be difficult to get this geometry on a motorbike.
    when you say bike do you mean bicycle? The one I saw on the web only did 99 max, which is nuff anyway. Im gonna test the cluster as mentioned and go from there, if it's the drive Ill fix it. Usually ebay is last resort for me, if I cant find it in stores I go there. But if they have them at CT then thats good, thanx