guy in infinity 250 km/h - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: guy in infinity 250 km/h

Re: guy in infinity 250 km/h

Quote Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
    2 things that frustrate me..

First, the crashed up car pictures that accompany the headline on the Toronto Star article. Seems like this "stunt driver" did some damage.. except not at all...

And second, the fact that that news reporter was touching the car! Impounded or not, I would LOSE IT if someone laid a finger even on my 93 G20.. never mind my bike! fffff that.

+1 get your hands of my ride biatcheeee

Gotta love how they show the guys plate right on the news too... What tells me, even if he gets off in court (which isn't likely), that he's screwed for insurance when renewal time comes up...
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face - Rage Against The Machine

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/595630

Police were able to pull over the speeder thanks to their intercept radar initiative, in which one officer scans the driver’s speed and radios two officers about 600 metres away, who activate their emergency lights and pull on to the highway before the vehicle approaches them, Woodford said.
    based on the drivers speed of 250 km/h, the OPP would have had 10 seconds to react, as the driver would cover 700m in those 10 seconds

so how long does it take for a laser to lock on to the driver, and receive a reading, and then for the officer to radio ahead

i somehow think the officers engaged in a pursuit to follow the driver, or he just chickened out

Kawi-G

Like it or not, the police are TRAINED to use a radar gun. I'm pretty sure they can nail a guy doing that speed.
    Have you ever watched a plain take off at Pearson it wouldn't be that hard to clock him going down the runway. Granted a Leer jet is bigger than a infiniti but 5 lanes of highway is pretty much a runway.
    If the guy doing 250 gets caught, it's his own fault for being that stupid.
    I'm not trying to get nasty, but why do you care that this idiot got caught??

I agree although i think the law could definetley use some reform, if someone is caught doing more than twice the speed limit on a road like that even if the car and driver are up for it it's still illegal and not that horribly safe.

Now 250 kph is pretty fast, IF that is really how fast he was going. Heck I don't even know if I have ever done 250 at the track.... I mean that's getting close to the limit for a 600cc machine.

I don't think anyone will argue that doing 250kph is SAFE, however it isn't horribly unsafe either given the right conditions. In some places around the GTA the roads are actually lit up pretty darn well.... in some places they are not.

IF you can see far enough ahead, there is no one around.... it might even be safer doing something like that in the GTA area as opposed to the boonies where a dear can jump out at you....

Plus no one really knows what happened and what the conditions were like. Maybe it was very empty, maybe there were lots of other people around.... we just don't know. However, IMO there are things I see on a DAILY basis that could be potentially MUCH worse and you don't really hear anyone complaining about it.... you don't even see Police doing anything about it.

Yes 250kph is FAST (who knows what the real speed was).... but done in the right spot at the right time.... it is safer than having someone run a red light... or being around a cabbie in downtown TO.

At least if no one was around.... if something were to happen, no one else is getting hurt. Running a red light with pedestrians not paying attention and other potential hazards can be A LOT more lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_stunter_6 View Post
    "Police charged the suspect with stunt driving under Section 172"

How the hell is driving 150km/h in a straight line stunt driving? Wow these cops are on a power trip. I would understand if the guy pulled up his E-brake and did 360's, but a straight line? Who ever created these laws are stupid.
    he was going more than 50km/h over the limit... which, under 172, counts as "stunt driving".... therefore: he was charged with stunt driving

but either way - im glad he got canned, i hope his car gets demolished into a cube so he can put it on his mantle "Note to self: Drive Reasonably"

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    So 12:30 am on the 400 where its 5-lanes wide in each direction??? ooooooooOOOOOOOHHHH big ****in deal.
    agreed

I love how in the interview they calmly say that he pulled over and apologized.

he probably didn't even think it was a big deal until they told him they were taking his car and he saw himself on TV,

oh man I instantly felt bad for the guy, Not for getting bite, just for the hoopla

Banned

Smile Re: guy in infinity 250 km/h

This is AWESOME!!!

at least he still has his bike.....

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS_guy View Post
    Gotta love how they show the guys plate right on the news too... What tells me, even if he gets off in court (which isn't likely), that he's screwed for insurance when renewal time comes up...
    CP24 was saying that if he was convicted, his rate would be $30,000. what a tool - he's gonna be stuck riding the greyhound for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by drfixaho View Post
    at least he still has his bike.....
    Well, he's gonna get back his car in 7 days once he pays storage charges.
    But it really doesn't matter. If he's convicted, this motorcycle insurance will skyrocket.
    Yeap, GreyHound it is or move to Russia!

BTW...when you get your licence suspended when driving a car, suspension also goes to you M licence. (I know some dont know that)
    Last edited by Mistero2009; 03-04-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to mension

What is the big deal. 250 with nobody around (i assume) late at night on a good road in a car suitable for speed.

Not like he was drunk or something. He was speeding.

I like to know how $30k insurance is justified.

I bet if he had his time back he would not have stopped and I can certainly understand why.

Greg

Milton Ontario

2012 ZX14R
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

I'm sorry ... but I'm calling BS on the 250 number... I admit i'm not an expert ... but how long does it take for a 300 hp car to get to 250, thats if it can even reach that speed. Sorry but I dont' see it ....

Personally.... I think it's another attempt at the police justifying an insane "law" by sensationalizing a speeding car ... Who knows what the cop was pointing the gun at. Maybe he had it pointing at a plane that was coming in for a landing at Pearson.

Honestly ... does anyone believe the 250 number?? and on snow tires.... HMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero2009 View Post
    Well, he's gonna get back his car in 7 days once he pays storage charges.
    But it really doesn't matter. If he's convicted, this motorcycle insurance will skyrocket.
    Yeap, GreyHound it is or move to Russia!

BTW...when you get your licence suspended when driving a car, suspension also goes to you M licence. (I know some dont know that)
    really? i did not know that

Quote Originally Posted by drfixaho View Post
    really? i did not know that
    Yup. It's one licence. G and M and just two separate classifications on the same license.

The G35 is capable of 250kmph. (technically 245 kmph...wonder if this is good enough to get him off the stunting charge). Those tires are V rated which is good for 210 kmph SUSTAINED without failure, which is not to say that they can't be taken beyond for short durations.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

and if he gets off on a technicallity or what ever i doubt he will get any coverage on that.
    D33PU

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    I'm sorry ... but I'm calling BS on the 250 number... I admit i'm not an expert ... but how long does it take for a 300 hp car to get to 250, thats if it can even reach that speed. Sorry but I don't' see it ....
    I had a 400 hp 6 speed camaro ss. and i have hit these speeds, it was up north, middle of nowhere, with the highway all to myself.
    and i what i found was that i accelerated pretty good until around 220km/h. once around 220km/h, pushing past there i could notice a considerable drop in my rate of acceleration.

so the G35 has less power than my car (if un modded), but i think it would be possible, if he had an empty highway, it would have taken him a while to accelerate up to that speed, but possible.

play the game, take the risk, pay the price.
    Last edited by insert; 03-04-2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo

exactly my point ... i mean he was spotted at steels and stopped at finich which means he was going south bound on the 400. He'd have to have been flooring it from like Major Mac to get up to that speed and there is a pretty big bend around Vaugh Mills Mall which would have meant he couldn't have gone that fast around the bend on snow tires.

Would the 300hp car be able to reach 250 from after the bend to Steels. It's only a few KM's. I have no question he could get to 220 pretty quick ... but after the the car kind runs out of legs....

I still say the cop was screwing around and pointed his lazer at a plane that was landing before he saw the G35 ....

Plus to stop from 250 kms between steels and Finch ... those brakes were on fire...

I'm still caling BS