Fantino - again

Thread: Fantino - again

Fantino - again

surprised this didn't make the rounds today

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/co...51231-sun.html

Re: Fantino - again

missed that one!!! oh well..I can only hope this idiot will soon step down from his position! Dalton you should be ashamed of yourself....although he is no prize himself!

Is that why the commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police regularly tells his boss which laws he should write? Enough already. Fantino clearly loves politics. It's time he pursued that full time.
    Haven't most of us been saying this since.....2004?
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

I'd like to see that guy manage to complete the minimum standards for the physical aptitude test...
    He even looks like a cranky old man bitching about all them young punks.

Ya it would be interesting to see him do that.

I hope he doesn't go into politics.... we have plenty of meatheads in our provincial government.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    I'd like to see that guy manage to complete the minimum standards for the physical aptitude test...
    He even looks like a cranky old man bitching about all them young punks.
    I'd like to actually see fitness tests applied to police officers. I met a Peel police officer down in Cuba who wouldn't be able to run to the toilet let alone after a culprit.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Yeah I'd like to see mandatory, external (3rd party) testing for sure.

We at least have an annual fitness test of walking 13 km with only about 50 lbs of kit in 2hours, 20 min... Kinda think it's slack myself and would prefer to see everyone here pass the test you need to get into Basic, wich is still easy but requires some actual effort.

Don't confuse this with being a Pro-Fantino or Pro taser post or anything, but that article reeked of typical Toronto Sun trash from an incompetent author.
    Based on the quote Den Tandt referred to, it would seem that Fantino is making reference to the segment of anti-taser arguements whos perspective is that Police should have enough pure physical training to subdue ANY perp without a weapon. Never having walked a beat or not passing their physical training is a response to a very uneducated position from the usual peanut gallery, thinking that there is a plethora of other options in an officers arsernal. How the Hell would they know? I would expect even a second rate Toronto Sun columnist to recognize THAT point.

Quote Originally Posted by fbristow View Post
    Yeah I'd like to see mandatory, external (3rd party) testing for sure.

They already do that. ATS testing services do the pre-application evaluation for ALL polices agencies; the OPP are the only ones that also have their own pre-hire check, and the standard is the same as ATS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happycrappy View Post
    They already do that. ATS testing services do the pre-application evaluation for ALL polices agencies; the OPP are the only ones that also have their own pre-hire check, and the standard is the same as ATS.
    I think they mean a test every year or every 2 years AFTER they are hired not just before. They have to pass firearms testing at certain periods so why not a physical test.

I think firefighters have to pass a physical test regularly, can someone confirm?

My buddies a Toronto cop and the only testing they have to do once hired is their annual firearms test to requalify to carry a firearm. If you don't pass this then you lose your gun and are not allowed to work until you get retested and pass.

Physical tests should be a requirement every year as well.