Kawasaki Canada... and the Monster blues. - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Canada... and the Monster blues.

Re: Kawasaki Canada... and the Monster blues.

Thats Jim Beam

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    Lol Robby Gordon's Monster Hummer powered by a 'Vette V8 was the most badass looking vehicle in the last Dakar.

V8 Hummer, Monster Energy & Jim Bean......badass redneck weekend right there

Looks muchbetter in Monster paint than any other colour. Makes the cross eyed face less obvious too!
    Me like!
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    Thats Jim Beam
    Freudian slip, every time the bourbon comes out I end up talking like Mr. Bean.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Well, I didn't read the middle pages, but the first page reeked of BS from the dealer.

A week ago, I was down at Motorsports Pickering and they had an 09 Kawi ZX6R with the monster energy package ON the sales floor with a price tag.
    I sat on it.

Perhaps give them a call? If it's still there, you might be able to get it.

Don't know if somebody in one of the middle pages of this thread said this, but if they did, my apologies.
    Last edited by matt491; 03-09-2009 at 01:00 AM.

motorsports pickering has 1 in the showroom

FYI inglis cycle in london has one in the showroom for sale

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Just as an update - I have been told that Monster Editions are trickling into Canadian dealerships (apparently true, since a couple people here have seen them). Supposedly mine is on the way. We'll see.

Incidentally.... I never did hear anything back from Kawasaki Canada customer service on the letter I sent them. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rolandf View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. Just as an update - I have been told that Monster Editions are trickling into Canadian dealerships (apparently true, since a couple people here have seen them). Supposedly mine is on the way. We'll see.

Incidentally.... I never did hear anything back from Kawasaki Canada customer service on the letter I sent them. At least not yet.
    Trickling? Supposedly? Sounds like more BS to me, the dealer I bought from said 2 weeks...And it was there in 2 weeks....That was 3 months ago with a $1000 deposit, If I were you Id be super ****** right now with the amount you have down on that bike and how long they are "MAKING" you wait...

they arent trickling man, they are all over the place, just call around...have you read this thread?

he's in nova scotia. they are light years behind lol

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    he's in nova scotia. they are light years behind lol
    LoL, right you are, unfortunately!

Another update: Believe it or not, I had a letter from Kawasaki Canada waiting for me at home this afternoon from their consumer relations manager. Might have shed a bit of light on things:

Apparently you upper Canadians (and westerners) have been hoarding all the Monster Editions, and the Atlantic Provinces or Quebec have received ZERO (seriously, that's basically what it says). He said it might be possible, though unlikely, to get one from an Ontario or western dealer, but none are available anywhere in the Atlantic/Quebec region.

As for the price increase that happened since January, and missing the March 31st date for the free Track Day promo? Well, basically the letter says 'too bad', in more politically correct form, lol. At least they wrote back.

Maybe someone a little more familiar with the inner workings of the motorcycle industry in Canada can fill me in here on something I might be missing: Why doesn't it typically work like it did for JohnnyP (and like it would in any other sales industry I would think)... you walk in off the street, place an order (if the bike isn't in stock of course), have the dealer order the bike from Kawi, and tada.... a few weeks later it shows up? It doesn't seem that complicated.

Because from what I understand now, at least around here, bikes get ordered in the spring via a big "booking order", and that's pretty much what the dealer then has for inventory for the remainder of the year? And if he didn't happen to order the particular model a customer wants, unless Kawi has leftovers in the warehouse, the dealer ends up needing to search with other dealers until he finds the bike he's looking for? Maybe this is only an issue with smaller dealerships, I don't know.

Rolandf .... i feel for ya ... I too have a similar experience with Kawasaki ... they dont know their heads from their arses ... Kawa Canada has no idea about anything going on until its happened. I had my dep. given back to me by my dealer discontiued carrying their products .. all of them ... So my wifes bike never came in and she was pretty sad about it ... Made up for it of course and bought her a better bike that she absolutly loves now ... but still, I will never buy a kawasaki product again. My business wasnt important enough for them so .. yamaha got it.

LoL, right you are, unfortunately!

Another update: Believe it or not, I had a letter from Kawasaki Canada waiting for me at home this afternoon from their consumer relations manager. Might have shed a bit of light on things:

Apparently you upper Canadians (and westerners) have been hoarding all the Monster Editions, and the Atlantic Provinces or Quebec have received ZERO (seriously, that's basically what it says). He said it might be possible, though unlikely, to get one from an Ontario or western dealer, but none are available anywhere in the Atlantic/Quebec region.

As for the price increase that happened since January, and missing the March 31st date for the free Track Day promo? Well, basically the letter says 'too bad', in more politically correct form, lol. At least they wrote back.

Maybe someone a little more familiar with the inner workings of the motorcycle industry in Canada can fill me in here on something I might be missing: Why doesn't it typically work like it did for JohnnyP (and like it would in any other sales industry I would think)... you walk in off the street, place an order (if the bike isn't in stock of course), have the dealer order the bike from Kawi, and tada.... a few weeks later it shows up? It doesn't seem that complicated.

Because from what I understand now, at least around here, bikes get ordered in the spring via a big "booking order", and that's pretty much what the dealer then has for inventory for the remainder of the year? And if he didn't happen to order the particular model a customer wants, unless Kawi has leftovers in the warehouse, the dealer ends up needing to search with other dealers until he finds the bike he's looking for? Maybe this is only an issue with smaller dealerships, I don't know.
    What your dealer is doing, is making you wait for their stocking order of Kawi bikes to come in...What I did was have 3 bikes special ordered in for me, price wasnt a concern with me and my friends. Getting the bikes ASAP was, so they were ordered separate from this dealers stocking order of Kawi bikes, which they also probably still havent received yet, just like most other dealers....Right about now (mid to late March) is when most dealers start to receive their stocking order of new bikes...

If you really wanted a bike by now youd have it, right now your just at the mercy of what one dealer is telling you.....Pull out your deposit and watch how fast they bring in a bike for you...The exact same thing happened when I bought my Toyota truck last year....Put down $6000 signed all the papers, salesman was talking like Id have my truck in a week...Week goes by no truck, call sales guy and he says "sorry no truck in stock in the color you want, have a big order of cars/trucks comming in next 3 weeks your truck will be on that"....Told him that was not acceptable and we are going to walk from the deal, and he puts the finance manager on the phone. He starts trying to tell me that "youve already signed the papers and you cant back out now and have to wait"....Told him "your dreaming buddy my lawyer says I can walk baised on verbal aggrement you made".....3 days later I had my truck, they had to buy it from another local dealer...They make less money this way, but sometimes it has to be done (one dealer buying from another)....

If I just asked questions and took the dealers word for it like you are, I would be waiting likely 1 month for my truck...Open your mouth knowing what your talkin about, and magically a truck that is not available for a month suddenly appears in 3 days..

Some dealers are really picky about this. The VW dealer that I worked at busted their ***** to get whatever you wanted ASAP. They would dealer trade cars to other dealers, whatever to get you the car you were looking for. Other dealers are nickle and diming and refuse to get anything other than what they already have comming in. To get any reaction from those kind of places you need to use the leverage that you have against them (ie the deposit and resulting full price).
    Wow, I didn't know we'd become such good friends, because if we had, you'd know that I give **** before I give favors and I don't even give my best friends **** so your chances of getting a favor are pretty ******* slim. - Go

Ok I read thru this thread and boy oh boy is my RANT switched on.

I placed a deposit on the elusive 250R back in September 2008. I figured i'd get the jump on most and get it early. Dealer says mid winter....OK

Late January shipment comes in satisfying all the orders except for me and another guy who want Black. So here i am going into the month of April, been waiting since Sept. , still no bike. Called my dealer this Friday and he was suppost to call Kawasaki. And so i wait.

Best of all i signed a contract at 4250$ and it went up to 4700$ since then. Dealer said that he'd honour his deal but it's probably a blatant lie. I'll be shocked if it stays that way.

I swear if I don't get my 2009 250R I am going to walk into Kawasaki Canada and rip somebody apart limb by limb with my bare hands. How could they ship a bike somewhere else to be sold when they know somebody already put money down to buy one somewhere else.

After sitting back and taking in a lot of information, and talking to a lot of people, I don't think it's a Kawasaki Canada issue. I think it's the dealerships.

Now, I'm not sure about your situation, but I know in my particular case, I have absolutely no idea what would possess my dealer to wait and try and put my bike into one of these 'booking orders', rather than ordering it when I put my money down, as I expected and made clear. I can only assume that they get discounts or something when booking multiple bikes, which makes sense. However, my dealer also knows that I would have no problem paying a bit extra to receive an order within a reasonable time frame, which further confuses me.

It's become obvious to me now though that that's what happened in my case, and I suspect that by the time he placed his booking order, the bikes were all allocated... which has left him scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by 250Rocket View Post
    I swear if I don't get my 2009 250R I am going to walk into Kawasaki Canada and rip somebody apart limb by limb with my bare hands. How could they ship a bike somewhere else to be sold when they know somebody already put money down to buy one somewhere else.
    Oh, and if you're in Ontario, I'd just ask for a refund of the deposit and go elsewhere. It sounds like 250's aren't too uncommon there.

Unfortunately I don't really have that option here for a ZX6R. The nearest alternative Kawi dealer is hundreds of km away, and they don't have any either.

Oh, and if you're in Ontario, I'd just ask for a refund of the deposit and go elsewhere. It sounds like 250's aren't too uncommon there.

Unfortunately I don't really have that option here for a ZX6R. The nearest alternative Kawi dealer is hundreds of km away, and they don't have any either.
    No i'm Montreal. Figure it's a big dealership (having 3 shops around the island) You think that they'd be able to get 8 bikes for pre-order, he only got 6, so he says.

A bigger bike is not really an option. Being 20 years old and a full time student working only weekends i won't be able to afford a ZX or the likes.

but like i said, i called my dealer and he said he would call Kawasaki Canada. Regardless of if he's BSing me, don't you think Kawasaki could atleast send 8 not 6. There's probably two black ones(mine and another guys) sitting collecting dust in Butt Fk nowhere which could have been shipped at a later date.
    Last edited by 250Rocket; 03-25-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 250Rocket View Post
    Regardless of if he's BSing me, don't you think Kawasaki could atleast send 8 not 6. There's probably two black ones(mine and another guys) sitting collecting dust in Butt Fk nowhere which could have been shipped at a later date.
    One would think so, but I've learned that this seems to be a pretty wierd industry when it comes to how they prioritize inventory management and shipping. At least with Kawasaki.

Being in Montreal, I guess you're in the same region as those of us in the Atlantic Provinces. IE: a second-class market when it comes to Kawasaki.

Well I kind of understand why they are treating you like a second class market.. Because you've been a bit of a dolt and left your money there at that dealer? Don't take that crap man, go in and get your deposit back and go buy a Yamaha, or a CBR, or something else. I wouldn't stand for that crap, but the longer you smile & nod at their excuses, the more you get filed in the "This guy will wait forever" file.