Kawasaki Canada... and the Monster blues. - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kawasaki Canada... and the Monster blues.

Re: Kawasaki Canada... and the Monster blues.

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    they prob still have snow out there so its all good
    True but if I had to wait that long, mine would be stock...Which is just unacceptable

yea.
    roland, you better be getting a 500 gift cert to the best rub in tug on the east coast for the wait

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    roland, you better be getting a 500 gift cert to the best rub in tug on the east coast for the wait
    LOL! I don't think we have any places like that in this neck of the woods, darnit. The dealer did come up with a good discount off my already well discounted price though. He seemed as excited as I did when I went to ride it home. No doubt because he'll no longer have to endure phone calls/visits/emails every 48 hours asking "Where's my bike? Where's my bike?!?".

As soon as the bike arrived in Montreal on Tuesday afternoon, he notified me, and said to expect it next Monday. The bike arrived here in the backwoods of Nova Scotia on Thursday morning. He said it's the quickest he's ever seen Kawi ship a bike to him, so I guess somebody was finally on the ball. Shame it took 4 months and 2 days.

This is my first supersport, btw. They're a bit.... intimidating at first it seems. It's a far cry from my old GPz550, or 250R.

Congrats. I guess they had one huge shipment because my bike just came in aswell (in Montreal).

Now i'll reserve my comments about Kawasaki Canada until i have a problem that has to be fixed under warrenty.

ZX7RR

Here is a tidbit that most of you did not know, any Kawasaki authorized dealer in canada could order monster editions up to 25% of their dirtbike orders. Meaning you order 12 450's, 4 of them can only be monster editions, and so on. Many dealers in west are hoarding them because they know they will get full retail for them rather than having price wars between dealerships. The best part about a Monster edition anything (whether it be bikes, helmets, gear, anything that says monster on it) is that Monster in USA controls how much product we have in Canada. USA gets 100 of an item where canada will only get allocated 10 of that item. How fair is that? As Far as the bikes go, It is nothing to do with Kawasaki Canada, it is your dealerships in the east that screwed up. Count how many regular models they have on their floor and you will see why you did not get your Monsters.

enjoy your bike roland
    you made a good pick!

Quote Originally Posted by ZX7RR View Post
    Here is a tidbit that most of you did not know, any Kawasaki authorized dealer in canada could order monster editions up to 25% of their dirtbike orders. Meaning you order 12 450's, 4 of them can only be monster editions, and so on. Many dealers in west are hoarding them because they know they will get full retail for them rather than having price wars between dealerships. The best part about a Monster edition anything (whether it be bikes, helmets, gear, anything that says monster on it) is that Monster in USA controls how much product we have in Canada. USA gets 100 of an item where canada will only get allocated 10 of that item. How fair is that? As Far as the bikes go, It is nothing to do with Kawasaki Canada, it is your dealerships in the east that screwed up. Count how many regular models they have on their floor and you will see why you did not get your Monsters.
    Then how did my situation work out? I got my Monster on Dec 18th 08.....The dealer did not even have any 09 bikes at that time.....They special ordered in my Monster, and a orange and blue one for my 2 friends....Only 3 bikes came in, and one was a Monster Ed....Thats not %25

I do agree however that it is the dealer not Kawi Canada, that makes the difference between getting your bike ASAP and waiting months for it...