19 yr old ... INSURANCE?!!?!?! - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 19 yr old ... INSURANCE?!!?!?!

Re: 19 yr old ... INSURANCE?!!?!?!

I've read so many useful posts on this forum, yet this is dumbest thread I have visited thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianBarbarian View Post
    Yo dude, I got your answer. Screw the NINJA 250, its a nice bike but MAD small. Go with the Hyosung's man, they are BIG, you cant tell that its a 250. Get a Hyosung 250GTr, sweet bike dude, ALL red sorta looks like a ducati

PLUS the NINJA250's a girls bike hahah NO offense

Not to mention the inverted forks, Big bike size, better brakes!
    And I suppose your car is a Kia?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    And I suppose your car is a Kia?
    How dare you
    96 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianBarbarian View Post
    How dare you

It's kind of along the same lines . . . you can go with the tried-and-true Ninja 250 (the car equivalent of a Honda) or a budget-line Hyosung that may offer more bells and whistles, but of questionable quality (the car equivalent of a Kia).

I'm not knocking Hyosung or Kia . . . some of these budget vehicles can offer some really good bang for the buck . . . but don't knock on the beloved Ninja 250
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Good luck, my insurance price on my ex 08 ninja 250R when I was 20 + M2 for 3 years and G for 4, clean record, I paid $3,000/Year. AND THATS on a 250! Like what the fu** eh? lol

But, I'm not 20 anymore. LoL
    So good luck with the 600. You'll be pushing EASILY 4000+

this thread is jokes haha.

My insurance on a R6 first bike at 19 was 3700 for the year. Expensive ya? but now after riding for approx 4000kms i would not start on anything smaller.

I read all this 600cc not begginer bike stuff but honestly its what you make it do not what it can do. im not gunna bother tryign to convince anyone and im not saying im a pro rider now i just really think its got way more to do with how you are as a person then your riding experience
    Yamaha R6

Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother****er. Say what one more goddamn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    I agree with you 100%. The reason I use the Porsche analogy, is that because if someone says they're 22 with a G1 and just bought a Porsche, everyone would be on board stating that it's a powerful machine and they do not have the skill, experience or maturity to handle it appropriately. For some reason though that same thought process isn't applied to bikes.
    And I still run into people with too much money on the roads grinding the **** outa their Porsche. I was stuck behind a Porsche about a month ago while he stalled the damn thing 2 times in a row. He was rather embarassed, and I just shook my head :P.

i got quotes in the range of 3000-4000 a year for my 92 vulcan 500, 18 one no fault accident riding for a bit less then a year

through talking to my dad and him agreeing to get his licence and sacrificing some of my riding time that dropped to 960.

On my first bike, 94 Ninja 500 my best quote was 2669. That was with my M2 and took a week or two of searching quotes to find that. I've been riding for almost 4 years now, 19 years old and just got my CBR f4 cause the insurance is just too much. Insurance companies take into consideration the "experience" you have. Even if you've been doing track + dirt bikes and all that jazz. Just save some money, and maybe road rash and go with a smaller bike.
    03' CBR 600RR [current]
    00' CBR f4-Red
    94' Ex500 Ninja-red