Duhamel's chances - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duhamel's chances

Re: Duhamel's chances

Give Kevin his due, at least he's learned to turn it off.

Not every racer has, recipe will throw a block pass on the way into church.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

"A real racer without an ego is a piece of sh*t. He's just not a racer." - Bob Hannah on Mladin

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Give Kevin his due, at least he's learned to turn it off.

Not every racer has, recipe will throw a block pass on the way into church.
    Your Granny was askin for that!

Banned

What is the date and time of the races?
    I hear it's on a Friday night?
    Can someone clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiZuki View Post
    What is the date and time of the races?
    I hear it's on a Friday night?
    Can someone clarify.
    Look here http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=79614

Miguel has a great chance. He's spending a lot of money to get the BF team down there (Pascal is not footing the bill for this) to help him reach his goal. You can be assured that the bikes will be competetive and I predict a very strong finish.

GO CANADA!
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Im going for the 90 pounder Benjamin Bostrom - used to liked Duhammel until 2 friends that raced AMA as privateers told me how much of a ***** he was to privateers, everything from middle fingers, and elbows as he came by (all during practice). Oh and rude comments in the pits.

Classy

think about it...you have guys ciculating the track at a "near track day" pace, and miguel has said this before, they have no business getting in the way of the truly fast guys. so its very frustrating for miguel dealing with these guys on the track. turn some laps in anger at miguels pace and you too will get frustrated.

go ahead, flip em miguel...i don't care...you're a canadian fast guy!
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    What about the rest of the races like 600ss and the superbike?????
    Is speedtv will show only the main event (formula extreme)???
    Ma che cazzo hai detto!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sempre1 View Post
    What about the rest of the races like 600ss and the superbike?????
    Is speedtv will show only the main event (formula extreme)???
    Well SpeedTV gave all the time to AMA Motocross (I agree this is a good thing! It's going to be awesome this year!) for this summer with I think 8 live races (With NBC)
    There is going to be a show I think on Saturday nights that will have highlights of the rest of the AMA roadracing series. Really who's cares?? We got WSBK thats where it's all at this year and did you see the WSS race from Australia?? It was off the hook!

Of course I watched the wsbk and the supersport I never miss a race and that includes motogp as well as the AMA.
    Ma che cazzo hai detto!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    think about it...you have guys ciculating the track at a "near track day" pace, and miguel has said this before, they have no business getting in the way of the truly fast guys. so its very frustrating for miguel dealing with these guys on the track. turn some laps in anger at miguels pace and you too will get frustrated.

go ahead, flip em miguel...i don't care...you're a canadian fast guy!
    These privateers qualified under the required limit, so they are slightly above track day pace

Wonder if some of the privateers flipped him the bird as they passed him last year, since from what i recall he wasnt always "the fast guy"

Wonder if some of the privateers flipped him the bird as they passed him last year, since from what i recall he wasnt always "the fast guy"
    Haha, payback's a biatch, aint it?
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Not to mention that one of the "slow" riders Kit is talking about finished top5 in points one year. (if memory serves me right)

These privateers qualified under the required limit, so they are slightly above track day pace

Lapped riders, back markers whatever u wanna call em, some times are even factory riders! The racing committees have set a time that is acceptable to them. Although I think the rules are kinda lame, I mean if your 2 seconds off the lead rider, after 20 plus laps your gonna' be more than in the way! This has been racing in mx, sx and roadracing forever. If you had only the top 10 guys racing a 20plus lap main event it would likely be boooooring, also logistically a waste of $$$$.

Miguel isn't the only rider to ever flip off a lapper, ever hear of Wayne Rainey??? Emotions run high when your out there! Christ, I've seen guys at a "non competitive" track day acting like goons and as far as I know, there was no money on the line?

Miguel finished 17th this year in the 200. Congrats to Bos. Bummer for Hayes. And congrats to Ontarios own Matt Mcbride(39th out of 75riders), way to finish buddy!!!!!
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Josh Hayes Wife, Melissa Parris finished a impressive 22nd in her first professional race.

Pretty competitive under the new format with the Top 37 finishing within 30 seconds of the leader in a 2hr 42 min race

Congrats to all the Canadians
    Miguel Duhamel 17th
    Matt McBride 33rd
    JP Tache 49th
    Chris Peris 25th
    Alan Schmidt 35th

And any others

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Pretty competitive under the new format with the Top 37 finishing within 30 seconds of the leader in a 2hr 42 min race
    Not really eh?

I mean really it was Top 37 finishing within 30 seconds off the leader after 6 laps of racing.

The yellow flags were like the plague at the end. It seems like they were trying to find any reason to throw them. I wonder if anyone at the track noticed the difference in lighting.... it would be interesting to hear what they say. Plus the second yellow just made no sense. The pack was bunched up anyway.... how hard would it have been to move the bike by hand to a safer spot a little further up the track in the 1 minute or so it would take for the leaders to come back around. Keep the corner under a local yellow until it is OK to pass again.

Anyone know what happened to Chris Peris? He was in the top 10 then all the sudden a huge gap formed during a commercial break.

i can't believe how dumb speed tv is. Go to commercials with 4 laps left. Missing the Hayes crash live.
    Way to kill the climax.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... NASCAR

god bless the safety car.

Quote Originally Posted by nokturnal View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... NASCAR

god bless the safety car.

From someone who has raced Daytona with rolling starts and safety cars I can tell you first hand that its freakin awkward for the rider. The car holds 90mph but feels like its stopped. Guys are told to roll up and form in whatever order we are in and the passenger will waive you by till he picks up the leader then you have to haul ***** to get back in line before they go green.
    The biggest problem is the guys at the back cant see the flag when it goes green. We had onboard radios where the crew chief can hollar gogogogo.
    I have to say the rolling starts are way safer coming in to T1 but more boring to watch.
    Personally I love the new format. The mix of bikes was fun a Buell a couple R6s and a GSXR are fighting it out at the front. It was kinda neat at night too.
    Much better than the SBK same old same old. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post

Miguel isn't the only rider to ever flip off a lapper, ever hear of Wayne Rainey??? Emotions run high when your out there! Christ, I've seen guys at a "non competitive" track day acting like goons and as far as I know, there was no money on the line?
    well i never had problem with miguel he allways passed me clean and never fliped me off.
    now scott russell was a differrant story allways flipped me and other off and he hit me twice . well that is untill me (and a pipe wrench) and my crew showed up in his pits to see what his problem was..after that he stayed clear of me.