Duhamel's chances

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duhamel's chances

Duhamel's chances

What are his chances to win the 200?

I want him to win soooo bad!!!

Re: Duhamel's chances

It would be very cool, but realistically is he going to beat factory Yamaha and the proxy factory Honda and Kawasaki teams?

Until the race starts we can always dream.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

It'd be nice, but it aint going to be easy. He's going to be on a Canadian Spec 600, and we simply do not spend the money on development (even if its a factory suzuki) compared to the guys down south.

I'd be happy to see a top 5 for Duhamel.

I would never bet against Miguel especially when he is ruled out. Remeber him winning 600 and SBK when on two canes fresh from almost getting killed at Loudon.
    Tall order for certain but never say never A man can have a dream,,,,,,cant he?
    I seriously doubt that Pascal and Miguel will take a knife to a gunfight. You can bet this will not be a PC spec bike. Especially at Daytona where hp is king neither will embarrass themselves by bringing a bike seriously down on power for the 200.

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    It would be very cool, but realistically is he going to beat factory Yamaha and the proxy factory Honda and Kawasaki teams?

Until the race starts we can always dream.
    What Factory team I thought that there is no such thing anymore! Plus isn't the Blackfoot team the Canadian Factory Suzuki team?

They have ruined Daytona with the new track configuration so HP is less important than it use to be.

Nobody can draft like Miguel can!!
    Last edited by minifig-phil; 02-24-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    I would never bet against Miguel especially when he is ruled out. Remeber him winning 600 and SBK when on two canes fresh from almost getting killed at Loudon.
    Tall order for certain but never say never A man can have a dream,,,,,,cant he?
    I seriously doubt that Pascal and Miguel will take a knife to a gunfight. You can bet this will not be a PC spec bike. Especially at Daytona where hp is king neither will embarrass themselves by bringing a bike seriously down on power for the 200.
    Granted, but I cannot see Pascal spending a fortune (of time or money) on a bike that would end up easily not complying for the rules of the PCSB series and have it sitting around after the 200. At the same time, we do not know the level of arrangement with Duhamel, and how far they are willing to go (and spend).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Granted, but I cannot see Pascal spending a fortune (of time or money) on a bike that would end up easily not complying for the rules of the PCSB series and have it sitting around after the 200. At the same time, we do not know the level of arrangement with Duhamel, and how far they are willing to go (and spend).
    Knowing both of these guys since the eighties, Neither of them will go on a lessor bike. If they build a bike for the AMA what makes you think it will sit? There are races all year where it can be utilized.
    Racers at this level dont show up if they are not in the game. Going to be difficult to figure out how this will all shake out with all the different changes. Twins, 600s, night etc. I will put money on the Picotte/Duhamel entry to be right in the mix.

Oh man he is a tough competitor for sure. Go Miguel!!! Any live coverage of the races ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    The bike they go to Daytona with will be the same bike they run the series up here with.

what's the difference between an AMA 600 and a PCSB 600, outside the HP limitation up here?

Maybe a couple of bolt on trick parts like quick change wheelsets and a dry-brake fuel tank for the 200mi race?

None of the factories up here build the bikes to make "THE LIMIT" up here, they build them well in excess and detune them electronically

This is why there is a "PRO" dyno at national races here, so those guys in bowling shirts can spend their time tuning the bikes to make JUST under the limit so the bike is competitive everywhere it goes.

Ever notice when you look at the national series dyno results, why the front running pro bikes seem to make the same power weather they be in the mountains at calgary, or at sea level at shubie, and at all points in between?

Miggys racing for a job (not with BF specifically, but in general). So I fully expect to see him riding his *** off, and even fighting for the win if they find a good setup. Not a huge Miggy fan, but it'd be cool to see him do well, pick up a ride as a result and see him racing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    The bike they go to Daytona with will be the same bike they run the series up here with.

what's the difference between an AMA 600 and a PCSB 600, outside the HP limitation up here?

Maybe a couple of bolt on trick parts like quick change wheelsets and a dry-brake fuel tank for the 200mi race?

None of the factories up here build the bikes to make "THE LIMIT" up here, they build them well in excess and detune them electronically

This is why there is a "PRO" dyno at national races here, so those guys in bowling shirts can spend their time tuning the bikes to make JUST under the limit so the bike is competitive everywhere it goes.

Ever notice when you look at the national series dyno results, why the front running pro bikes seem to make the same power weather they be in the mountains at calgary, or at sea level at shubie, and at all points in between?
    Learn something new every day. Thanks Recip and 'dragger for the teachings.

Im going for the 90 pounder Benjamin Bostrom - used to liked Duhammel until 2 friends that raced AMA as privateers told me how much of a ***** he was to privateers, everything from middle fingers, and elbows as he came by (all during practice). Oh and rude comments in the pits.

Classy

He's French Canadian.

That's how they greet their families in Montreal!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Im going for the 90 pounder Benjamin Bostrom - used to liked Duhammel until 2 friends that raced AMA as privateers told me how much of a ***** he was to privateers, everything from middle fingers, and elbows as he came by (all during practice). Oh and rude comments in the pits.

Classy
    not calling your friends liars, but I find that hard to believe.

When I was at Road America helping out with Kneedragger's efforts in the Moto-St, I ran into Duhamel and crew at the local wal-mart where we were all buying beer. One of his crew members saw that I had a pit-pass wrist band and started up a conversation. I had about a 10 minute chat with them, and they all (miguel included) thought it was awesome that this privateer team came in from Toronto to compete, and said they were pulling for us. There were some other big name AMA riders that made it very apparent that we were on "their turf", but Miguel was all smiles, and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post
    not calling your friends liars, but I find that hard to believe.

When I was at Road America helping out with Kneedragger's efforts in the Moto-St, I ran into Duhamel and crew at the local wal-mart where we were all buying beer. One of his crew members saw that I had a pit-pass wrist band and started up a conversation. I had about a 10 minute chat with them, and they all (miguel included) thought it was awesome that this privateer team came in from Toronto to compete, and said they were pulling for us. There were some other big name AMA riders that made it very apparent that we were on "their turf", but Miguel was all smiles, and friendly.
    Maybe he likes fellow Canadians better (my friends are american)? No idea

But ive also read articles written by privateers that elude to similar circumstances that my 2 friends have encountered.

This was back in 02/03 maybe hes gotten nicer since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Maybe he likes fellow Canadians better (my friends are american)?
    could be...but maybe he also liked that we were there running endurance....who knows.

The Daytona 200 is on Live on Speed Friday night March 6th at 8:30pm
    Saturday night the Supercross is on live on SpeedTV as well.

I have never had a problem with Miguel at any of the AMA races I did in fact the only person that ever gave me a problem at an AMA race is Kevin Graham (but then he was a at every race he was at)

Don't think that Miguel's bike won't be competitive it is well worth for Blackfoot and Suzuki Canada to win the 200 in fact I would bet if they had to choose between the 200 and every race win in Canada for 09 they would pick the 200 without even thinking about it. It would be HUGE for Canada if he wins in every way!

[QUOTE=minifig-phil;812040]in fact the only person that ever gave me a problem at an AMA race is Kevin Graham (but then he was a at every race he was at)

Ha!! I like Kevin, but never raced with him but understand he was all business and promotion when it came to his racing - from what I understand he did very well in the sponsorship dept. - hmm, sort of like today with his spec tire biz.

All I can say is he has done WONDERS for the women in racing!!!
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

[QUOTE=GECKO;812210]
    Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    in fact the only person that ever gave me a problem at an AMA race is Kevin Graham (but then he was a at every race he was at)

Ha!! I like Kevin, but never raced with him but understand he was all business and promotion when it came to his racing - from what I understand he did very well in the sponsorship dept. - hmm, sort of like today with his spec tire biz.

All I can say is he has done WONDERS for the women in racing!!!
    Agreed I like Kevin as well he has always been great with me personally and now is stepping up big time with his support of SOAR. Unlike some others in the industry who would rather complain than actually step up. Kevin and his Pirelli empire just took over the NW US as well so now the only area in North America that he doesnt control Pirelli M/C tires is the SW USA. There is a reason that he has that. I speak with him pretty much every week (gotta call him in the morning as a matter of fact) and even though he is huge busy he always makes time.

He was a real @ss on the track and everyone hated him!
    I remember Jeff Williams use to have a nice message for him printed on his tail section!