Ninja 250r - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninja 250r

Re: Ninja 250r

Quote Originally Posted by 08R6 View Post
    Those buyers either have money to burn or they have never bought privately before and don't realize they have to pay tax on top of the price they paid or blue book value (whichever is greater). Oh well, congrats to the sellers either way.
    There is no 'book' value on bikes. Its what ever is put on the UVIP - so sweet talk the price into the deal.

Also, I saw a '08 250 listed for $5500 and sold for $5200, with 3000kms on it.

All due to the very high demand of last year.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

It's really quite simple,, People ask whatever they want. If you're interested make them a offer.. Either they'll accept it or they wont.

Most price it higher than what they will accept because most buyers will offer a lower price..

Beginner bikes hold their value very well. Every other 250 is more expensive than the 250R.. You see 5-10 year old 250 Ninjas selling for $3500 to $4000 all the time...

I bought one for my wife last summer and paid $5300 out the door with the extended warranty.. Most dealers also charge Freight, PDI, Admin Etc and aren't open to negotiation with a in demand.

If your waiting for a big price drop I wouldn't hold my breath,, With the insurance increases that seem to be on the horizon a lot that were thinking of starting on a 500 may look for a 250 instead.

Cool Re: Ninja 250r

The same can be said about so many used bikes for sale, some people list prices that are way to high and some list prices that are closer to average. If you owned an 2004 R6 for example and everyone was selling them for 9k, why would you list yours for 6K? If you don't like a price make an offer and see what happens! We all list prices that are higher than the number we will actually take. As sellers we all have the right to ask whatever we want.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo131 View Post
    We all list prices that are higher than the number we will actually take. As sellers we all have the right to ask whatever we want.
    When I sell a bike I alway ask a very fair price and list is as FIRM!!!!!
    And if someone offers me less I just tell them I feel It's a fair price,, I must be doing someting right because every bike I've sold in the last 10 years has been gone in a less the 2 weeks.

IF i was to sell the wifes '08 Mint low mile 250R I would likely ask around $4300 and I'm sure it would sell quickly.

I agree CBRJOHN, If your tactic is to ask a lower more fair price as FIRM thats cool. Some ask $4800 and will drop to $4300 for a 08 250R, thats also cool.

the only other beginner bike (250cc range) was the hyausung 250 (which was garbage).....the kawi almost controls the market, besides the Virgo 250 (which isnt as nice as the kawi in terms of performance)

Quote Originally Posted by turbo131 View Post
    I agree CBRJOHN, If your tactic is to ask a lower more fair price as FIRM thats cool. Some ask $4800 and will drop to $4300 for a 08 250R, thats also cool.
    I just got sick of dealing with people wasting my time offering ridiculous low ball offers,, Now, If they don't think it's a fair price, they won't waste their time or mine coming to look at it..

A good rule of thumb is to ask a dealer what they'd give you on a trade and adding 15%

To me asking $300 below the MSRP on a the brand new bike for a 1yr old bike is ridiculous unless the new bike is not available. Dealers are advertising these things instock for $4600 and yes +tax, PDI etc..

No bike or car could possibly hold that kind of value..
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Hindle Full system with Carbon Fiber can
    Power Commander III

Quote Originally Posted by 08R6 View Post
    To me asking $300 below the MSRP on a the brand new bike for a 1yr old bike is ridiculous unless the new bike is not available. Dealers are advertising these things instock for $4600 and yes +tax, PDI etc..

No bike or car could possibly hold that kind of value..
    The Purchase price is not the only issue.

With new you pay PST, GST, Freight, PDI, normally a "Admin" Fee.

With a Used private sale you pay only PST

Example:
    Used Bike
    Bike $4300
    PST $344
    Total $4644

New Bike
    Bike $4699
    Freight/PDI $300 (Kahuna)
    Admin Fee $50 (It varies from $0 to $350)
    PST $403.92
    GST $302.94
    ----------------------------------------------
    Total $5755.86

Difference $1111.86

If it's had the first service done that save you another couple hundred..

This is in line of what a lot have posted as their OTD price on a '09 of $5600 to $5800.

Used sellers know this..

Since I made my first post here I've had 4 PMs saying if I was going to sell it for $4300 let them know, They'd buy it..

Thelak

Quote Originally Posted by urameatball View Post
    the majority of them aren't selling anyway...
    I think they're just fishing for those with more money than brains (and there's quite a few of them out there).

You too can rock the market the way you want on craigslist/kijiji/forums.

Just go on there, list a 08 250 for $4k... and do a different listing every week.
    Anyone who emails you, just tell them it's sold.
    Those people selling at $5000+ will see the number of ads for $4k and will drop their price accordingly. Or better yet, refer the seller to those (your) links and offer him $3900 .

supply and demand is a great concept... when you create your own, LOL.
    I laugh at your notion that you think you can control the demand for the Ninja 250 by creating fake ads and telling people you sold your bike for $X. If you know anything about economics you would understand what your suggesting is just a waste of everyone's time. Just because YOU don't like the way the forces of supply/demand actually work doesn't mean you can actually do something to change it with false ads. Go take a university course or heck they probably even teach you enough in high school to understand what's going on.

I got my 09 for $5150 but it helps to have thought ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelak View Post
    I got my 09 for $5150 but it helps to have thought ahead.
    LOL...thats unfortunate

man i got so desperate to ride today seeing that weather was +14 and saw so many ppl putting around campus i had to whip out my mountain bike and go out for a ride. SIgh...... wish my bike was here already...

Thelak

Quote Originally Posted by alanhung85 View Post
    LOL...thats unfortunate
    Very fortunate because there's no way in hell I'd be caught on a puke green Ninja 250. Don't get me wrong green is tasteful color in moderation (ZX-6R Monster Edition) but the whole body green that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    man i got so desperate to ride today seeing that weather was +14 and saw so many ppl putting around campus i had to whip out my mountain bike and go out for a ride. SIgh...... wish my bike was here already...
    LMFAO

That's what i do to cope. I try taking turns as fast as i can and lean into them

Quote Originally Posted by 250Rocket View Post
    LMFAO

That's what i do to cope. I try taking turns as fast as i can and lean into them
    LOL i leaned so far today i scrapped my peg and bent it haha, almost fell off and embarrassed myself too cause when the pegs dragged my rear came off the ground and after it got back on the ground it was at an awkward angle so my *** was like wobbling while i held on for dear life, maybe i should get a steering damper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelak View Post
    Very fortunate because there's no way in hell I'd be caught on a puke green Ninja 250. Don't get me wrong green is tasteful color in moderation (ZX-6R Monster Edition) but the whole body green that's another story.
    Well, to each his own. I love green, Kawi=green. And they had to go and swap the all green with that fugly special ed.
    IMHO, red is just too plain, everyone's got red and all the used ones for sale are red. Guess they're bored out of it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    LOL i leaned so far today i scrapped my peg and bent it haha, almost fell off and embarrassed myself too cause when the pegs dragged my rear came off the ground and after it got back on the ground it was at an awkward angle so my *** was like wobbling while i held on for dear life, maybe i should get a steering damper too.
    LOL mtn bikes FTw

Quote Originally Posted by csr View Post
    LOL mtn bikes FTw
    Yea... had to satisfy the itch to be on two-wheels and boy was it itching bad.

I'm shaking my head in dismay - So many crazy-s around!