Are the "Schools" worth it? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are the "Schools" worth it?

Re: Are the "Schools" worth it?

zx6? OH #27 - Green ZX - Dude with white leathers? Thats Reciprocity. I never rode that bike personally either. However, I do know that either it, or its twin brother was a top 5 bike at the National level just a couple of years ago.

A Prostar ZX6RR is a magnificent bike as well. Ben is very good with that Chassis type and engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    zx6? OH #27 - Green ZX - Dude with white leathers? Thats Reciprocity. I never rode that bike personally either. However, I do know that either it, or its twin brother was a top 5 bike at the National level just a couple of years ago.

A Prostar ZX6RR is a magnificent bike as well. Ben is very good with that Chassis type and engine.
    I've had that bike for a wile now. I ask becasue even at a glance of a small thumbnail I recogniced my machine in a heartbeat.

If the OP is an experienced or talented rider, then I would recommend doing a trackday at a beginner track like Shannonville or Cayuga in the beginner group in an effort to see where you sit skill wise.

If good, and one of the faster in the beginner group, or very comfortable, I would say a level 2 course would be the starting point. If the OP after that beginner session feels a little bit out of their element, then a level 1 course would be the starting point.

I would not recommend a track like Mosport as a track to experiment on as it is very easy to get over your head there. I have heard similar things about Calabogie, but I have also heard positive reviews that contradict Calabogie as being a non-novice track. However, elevation changes and odd angle corners might be a bit much for brand new riders so I would agree with the naysayers that Calabogie is a no go for newbies.

Go do the trackday, see where you stand, then spend your money wisely.
    Thanks Grimmy, this seems the logical route.....

the dude on the #27 bike, in white leathers wasn't/isn't me, he's another Prostar dude,

BG has a small army of Trolls in white leathers to do his bidding.

One of my jobs with the Prostar team was to do the shakedown rides on all the customer bikes before the customer did so I've ridden every bike that BG has built since 2005

Mobius, the bike you bought was one of a pair, they are probably still the 2 best bikes I've had a chance to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    they are probably still the 2 best bikes I've had a chance to ride.
    Speaking of best ever...
    Have you ever ridden Buckland's RR?
    OH MY GOD

Quote Originally Posted by fiddleguy View Post
    Speaking of best ever...
    Have you ever ridden Buckland's RR?
    OH MY GOD

that thing is on the list too.

that thing is on the list too.
    Really? Who crafted that machine?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

the dude on the #27 bike, in white leathers wasn't/isn't me, he's another Prostar dude,

BG has a small army of Trolls in white leathers to do his bidding.

One of my jobs with the Prostar team was to do the shakedown rides on all the customer bikes before the customer did so I've ridden every bike that BG has built since 2005

Mobius, the bike you bought was one of a pair, they are probably still the 2 best bikes I've had a chance to ride.

yup, Brian Kwok got the other one. every once in a wile I see it at Bens shop. were you one of the guys under the prostar canopy when I went to pick mine up that year at one of the regionals? and who ended up getting that monster of a zx10 that Ben just sold?

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Ryan from RC.......can't wait to get mine!
    life's not short, it's just that you're dead for so long
    www.goloracing.com

Yeah... and Buckland had it in with Ryan at Riders Choice again this winter. Now it has even more grunt.

The Condor built that one, or Ryan Gill for anyone that doesn't know him.

Right now, That's probably the Best Honda 600 in Canada, And I'd put it up against just about anything south of the border as well.
    Last edited by reciprocity; 02-24-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobius View Post
    yup, Brian Kwok got the other one. every once in a wile I see it at Bens shop. were you one of the guys under the prostar canopy when I went to pick mine up that year at one of the regionals? and who ended up getting that monster of a zx10 that Ben just sold?
    Nope, I wasn't around much last season, I was doing a lot of Racing in the US.

I started out a few years ago as a customer, I bought one of the first ZX6RR's that BG built, I listened to advice that was given and eventually I ended up with the opportunity to ride every bike that he built.

at the Beginning of the 07 Season when we worked with Frank Trombino, I was riding the GSXR600's and 1000's before Frank did.

You're in good hands, there is no one else in Canada that offers the kind of support that you'll get from Prostar Motorsports.

The learning I've done and the success, not to mention the enjoyment I've had as a rider in roadracing and more recently in supermoto would not have been possible without 2 people specifically, Ryan Gill, and Ben Gartner, 2 of the most knowledgable tuners and individuals involved in this sport anywhere in Canada

The learning I've done and the success, not to mention the enjoyment I've had as a rider in roadracing and more recently in supermoto would not have been possible without 2 people specifically, Ryan Gill, and Ben Gartner, 2 of the most knowledgable tuners and individuals involved in this sport anywhere in Canada
    Man, doesn't the wife snoop around here as well... I would edit that paragraph to thank the ball and chain as well... and quick

Man, doesn't the wife snoop around here as well... I would edit that paragraph to thank the ball and chain as well... and quick

PFFFT, She just stands around wearing skimpy outfits and big sunglasses

Pictures please......

Well, I will throw in my two cents. I did FAST phase 1 and totally enjoyed it. I have had my lincse since 1991. It is true they go over a base line but not everyone in the class are on the same page.

Saying this, I took it to find out if I would enjoy track days rather then coughing up money for everything at first. ie: track bike, tires, leather suit, extra parts, trailer etc. It adds up fast. Therefore, if you want to try out the track and learn something go for it.

I ended getting all the stuff for track days and started last year. I took FAST the year before.

I also signed up for ARC 1 and 2 this year. I could have proably just aken ARC2 but I figured you can always learn something knew.

However, the biggest tool I had from track days was having a friend follow me with his camera mount. Watching the video was an eye opener, you get to see your faults with your own eyes.

Anyways, go for it. You have nothing to lose and will learn something wether it is bad habits like shutting your throttle off or bad body position or something new.
    Andre
    tt600-General Lee

Nope, I wasn't around much last season, I was doing a lot of Racing in the US.

I started out a few years ago as a customer, I bought one of the first ZX6RR's that BG built, I listened to advice that was given and eventually I ended up with the opportunity to ride every bike that he built.

at the Beginning of the 07 Season when we worked with Frank Trombino, I was riding the GSXR600's and 1000's before Frank did.

You're in good hands, there is no one else in Canada that offers the kind of support that you'll get from Prostar Motorsports.

man, I hope one day I get an opportunity like that.

You better watch what you say....I've learned a few things in my many hours of standing around in skimpy outfits and big sunglasses....

like how to loosen brake pads, axle bolts and make some suspension "adjustments"...
    My dirtbike has slicks

Big bug lookin glasses........
    Dem man nah realize de way I do de technology way don't I identify dey oola dem idiot sound bwoy already ya nah rude bwoy

The Condor built that one, or Ryan Gill for anyone that doesn't know him.

Right now, That's probably the Best Honda 600 in Canada, And I'd put it up against just about anything south of the border as well.

Yup. Pretty clear in the pic that I was really having a great time on that bike. Awesome horse! Definitely one of my favorites!