OK, this is my dilemma…I have a close friend in the VRRA and today I was telling him that I want to sign up for an advanced course such as the Turn2 or Fast School…both the Phase 1 and 2 simultaneously, i.e. 2 days in a row. I currently live in Brampton and I think Turn 2’s course held out in Colobogie (sp?) which is about 260miles from me while Shannonville, the Fast’s school track is about 140 miles. Well both days run about $1200.00++ from either organization, so the Fast school from a gas stand point would be cheaper…and with today’s economy…well…that really brings me to my inquiry. Of the people that have attended and I talked to, as well as reading posts on here allot of the remarks I hear are “it wasn’t what I expected” or “wasn’t worth the money”...etc, and while those are subjective $1200.00 is allot of money. My VRRA friend tells me, get a track bike, read the books and come out…there are people, Marshall’s…etc which will teach you the same thing and you could but your money towards the bike or suspension mods…etc….see were this is going….
So those that have attended the courses are they worth the money, would you recommend them? Or if you have done them, looking back (20\20 hindsight right) would you still have gone to the courses or would you have just got a bike and hit the track to learn?