LOTS of gear up for sale...

Thread: LOTS of gear up for sale...

LOTS of gear up for sale...

Some of this gear is older, and some of it is brand-new, and there's a range of quality, performance and safety features. I'm getting rid of all of my stuff, and going in the direction of high-end textile garments, (for street-riding, anyway). All of the leathers, whether used or not, have been treated with leather conditioner twice a year using "Lexol," which sometimes leaves a bit of a waxy white residue if too much has been applied, (-not a bad thing considering the leather is sitting in a dry closet for six months of the year, IMHO). FYI: I am a non-smoker. Click thumb-nails for a larger image, (--I'm not a great photographer ).

I tend to take very good care of my possessions, and I'm not at all desperate to sell. I think finding equivalent items at a lower price would be very difficult... PM me if you're interested.

SOLDFirst up, a Dainese leather jacket that I've used a number of seasons. Still in good shape, but showing it's age a bit. With it's high collar it's great for cool weather riding and it has a removable liner, and armour in the elbows/shoulders. $140

SOLDNext up is a perforated Alpinestars leather jacket worn infrequently for 1 season, (2008 ). This also has armour and a removeable liner. $350

SOLDThis is the original Phoenix mesh jacket from Joe Rocket. It was made famous by Vin Diesel in the movie "XXX." This is a great garment for going somewhere local. I wouldn't recommend using it on an extended ride no matter how hot the weather is. This jacket has never been washed, (used only a couple of times every season since new), and you can make out a few bug-guts in the mesh, which is not frayed at all. Comes with crude foam armour. But after a wash, it'll be basically new... $40

Fast forward to now: the latest example of the Phoenix jacket, with better construction, armour, and features, (for example, it has a pocket for an MP3 player). Great for riding on a humid day, (-and if you're a Honda rider). Brand-new, never worn, (all original tags attached). $XXXEDIT: Not for sale anymore...I'm keeping it

{Price Adjustment} $150 This perforated leather jacket was made by First Gear:

This a unique piece that I picked up a couple of years ago in Tokyo. It's been worn once since that time, and although it comes with armour of a sort, and it has pretensions of being a sportbike jacket, I would not recommend riding with it at all. It's just a cool wind-breaker that would look good on young fellow that likes Hondas, (I look really silly in this!). Gotta love how the Japanese misuse the english language. BTW, "LL" would mean "large" here. $120

END OF PART I
    Last edited by PhoenixFZ; 08-19-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Re: LOTS of gear up for sale...

PART II

This light jacket is from a bygone age, a time when the ZX-7 was hottest new bike on the road. A time when cops didn't use spy-planes, there was no 50-over ban, and all the good roads were relatively squid-free. Ah, to be young again. $40 [Not a riding jacket]
    (The man who owned this dealership was a gentleman)

SOLDI bought these just before Cycle World went out of business. They've never been worn, but aren't exactly modern. They are perforated though, and have to offer better protection than a typical pair of kevlar jeans, (-IMO). $100 EDIT: Pic is hard to see--these are a size 34.

Lastly, in the miscellaneous pile, there's this book, (-which is basically new). Personally, I prefer the teachings of Code or Ienatsch , but there is good stuff in here, too for sure. $20

Last edited by PhoenixFZ; 04-22-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Requested info:

1) Here is a pic of the back of the Alpinestars jacket, (click to enlarge):

2) The inseam on the leather pants is roughly 27-28 inches, and there are pockets in the hips and knees that look like they can accept modern armour. Right now it has hard foam pads in those pockets...

bump

bump

ttt

A couple of people have requested this pic:

bump...

Riding season is here...

I found these today, (forgot I had them!),....used maybe twice? three times? $60. Medium size.

SOLD
    Last edited by PhoenixFZ; 05-08-2009 at 06:11 PM.

ttt

I'm on holidays, lads, so let's make a deal!

I also have a never used Dainese back protector, too.... I'll post more details later, (--my current suit has a back-protector built-in).

Okay, now onto the back-protector.

I originally bought this for my wife, and guess what? --it's NEVER been used. Shortly after purchasing this Dainese Wave, I bought her a jacket with a built-in back-protector....

$170, (length = 20 inches)

ttt

I still have the mesh jacket, the perforated jacket and the back-protector...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFZ View Post
    I still have the mesh jacket, the perforated jacket and the back-protector...
    I've worn the mesh jacket once now, it's great for trolling around the city, (especially when it gets hot/humid), so it's off the market.

I still have the new back-protector, and the perforated leather jacket still for sale. The leather jacket is a steal, but armour should be worn under it, though.

ttt