If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my bike

Question If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my bike

Hello certified mechanic,

I have a motorcycle that recently failed the safety certification due to a crack in the headlight (how this is unsafe, I dont know).

Other than that, this motorcycle is flawless, brakes work, lights, signals, horn, tires good....you name it; anything that REALLY pertains to safety works perfect!

Ok heres the deal: I will financially compensate you adequately just to PASS the safety certification, if you know what I mean . You should be able to meet me in the Kitchener Waterloo Area.

I need this bike to get me to work, its my only transportation.

PM me if you can help.
    Last edited by ct70; 02-16-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: b/c im cool

Re: If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my

Fix the Headlight...? Ebay, Salvage...

Re: If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my

So you rather pay more $$$ for another safety plus "compensation"? You realize how much cheaper it would be to replace the thing and pass the safety at the shop you already paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ct70 View Post

I have a motorcycle that recently failed the safety certification due to a crack in the headlight (how this is unsafe, I dont know).

Other than that, this motorcycle is flawless, brakes work, lights, signals, horn, tires good....you name it; anything that REALLY pertains to safety works perfect!

Ok heres the deal: I will financially compensate you adequately just to PASS the safety certification, if you know what I mean . You should be able to meet me in the Kitchener Waterloo Area.

PM me if you can help.
    buy the headlight and change it yourself and take it back to the mechanic. Mechanic licenses are not a dime a dozen to loose, headlights are. my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by age View Post
    buy the headlight and change it yourself and take it back to the mechanic. Mechanic licenses are not a dime a dozen to loose, headlights are. my 2 cents.

Does the MTO investigate the safety certificates?

Does the MTO investigate the safety certificates?
    I've never heard of them auditing safety certs. There are mechanics all over that will pass a bike for benign items, for people they know, valued customers etc. I can't imagine you'll find someone willing to risk it for someone advertising on a board. The risk for them is you could claim injury or loss for something unsafe that he passed. You're best to spend the extra money on a light as previously suggested.

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

You don't want a visit from the man about a "falsified" or "questionable" safety.
    Friend of mine has been there and said it wasn't fun.
    So yes, they do.
    On that note.....
    GO BUY A HEADLIGHT YOU CHEAP _ . _ . _ . !!!!

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

Quote Originally Posted by bic View Post
    I've never heard of them auditing safety certs. There are mechanics all over that will pass a bike for benign items, for people they know, valued customers etc. I can't imagine you'll find someone willing to risk it for someone advertising on a board. The risk for them is you could claim injury or loss for something unsafe that he passed. You're best to spend the extra money on a light as previously suggested.

On that note what stops me from making my own safety certificate? lol I heard they do that too.

Aren't they more concerned about car safety's than bike ones? since there are more cars...... would they really care about a scooter?

they are concerned about EVERY motorized vehicle.

They do audit and take the auditing VERY seriously.

Are you willing to compensate a licensed mechanic that could lose his/her ability to work?

If you can't find an original headlight, go buy a sealed beam lamp or 2 projector beams from Canadian tire(you must have high/low beam)

it'll cost you $80,

a BS safety, plus the travel time for a mechanic to come see you is going to be $150 and up.

not to mention how do we know your not an inspector just trying to nail someone

and as for just car being important..... a motorcycle only has 2 wheels... what if you hit a huge pot hole and the rest of the lens falls out of the bike and you puncture your tire and lose control, now your out of work and need money so you then tell the mto that it was a hot safety and now mister mechanic is out of work and paying you....... not worth the risk to help some cheap c___ out cause he doesnt want the hassle

Cool Re: If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my

Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    not to mention how do we know your not an inspector just trying to nail someone

and as for just car being important..... a motorcycle only has 2 wheels... what if you hit a huge pot hole and the rest of the lens falls out of the bike and you puncture your tire and lose control, now your out of work and need money so you then tell the mto that it was a hot safety and now mister mechanic is out of work and paying you....... not worth the risk to help some cheap c___ out cause he doesnt want the hassle
    lol undercover inspector....that reminds me of that show New York Undercover.....lets make a show about a guy that goes on motorcycle forums and tries to nab mechanics for giving fake safeties; we can call it GTAMotorcycle Undercover

rest assured I am not an inspector....

Do we really need to have a person on the streets that for some unknown and unstated reason he won't just fix the headlight to get his safety done???

Its not like a unmade for 50 years part to buy, it is not give your right arm to buy it and they are around to buy at many different places. So having said that does no one else find it starnge he won't just fix the light??

So you're just cheap then?

and rest assure i would never give you a hot safety.....

and yes inspetors are out there to find out whos giving fake safeties to cheapskates like you

I don't know why you guys keep calling him cheap. He's just dumb. Replacing the cracked light cover is actually way cheaper than doing what he is trying to do. SoMethng tells me there is another underlying problem, or he was in an altercation with the other mechanic or somethng.

PM me if you can help.
    one word midas. if you dont feel like fixing the problem go to midas. they do a very fast once over. i brought it to them cause my front tire was pretty worn, and figured it wasnt going to pass but the only place that could do my cert on the spot was midas. it took him 1min, and then we talked about the bike and how much i paid and where i bought it etc... he didnt even check the horn, he didnt check the tires or the chain or anything important. i knew the bike was in good condition and everything worked so i wasnt worried that he didnt do an amazing cert. check, but it was definately half-fast. try them. i wouldnt recommend them though if you really dont know anything about the bike and actually want a real safety done lol.
    2000 GSXR600

just curious - what bike is it you're looking to get certified?

ct70?
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Lightbulb Re: If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my

Quote Originally Posted by Jtracc600 View Post
    one word midas. if you dont feel like fixing the problem go to midas. they do a very fast once over. i brought it to them cause my front tire was pretty worn, and figured it wasnt going to pass but the only place that could do my cert on the spot was midas. it took him 1min, and then we talked about the bike and how much i paid and where i bought it etc... he didnt even check the horn, he didnt check the tires or the chain or anything important. i knew the bike was in good condition and everything worked so i wasnt worried that he didnt do an amazing cert. check, but it was definately half-fast. try them. i wouldnt recommend them though if you really dont know anything about the bike and actually want a real safety done lol.

Thank you for a positive reply. Do you think they would care about the crack in the headlight? (canadian tire did)

Also, did you go to the midas in bradford? Is this for midas in general or for all midas outlets (ie in waterloo)

I already made the idiots at canadian tire $40 richer...

I figure: option 1: pay at least 60 for a used headlight (plus shipping) and then another $40 for the safety test

or

option 2: just give that 100 to a mechanic in need

Unhappy Re: If you're a certified mechanic please look at this post, need someone to PASS my

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    just curious - what bike is it you're looking to get certified?

ct70?
    thats right immaculate too............the crack in the headlight was from my idiot friend who crashed his car when we were about to pick the bike up (my bike was in the trunk)

like i previously stated everything that PERTAINS TO SAFETY works (brakes, signals, lights, tires)

Thank you for a positive reply. Do you think they would care about the crack in the headlight? (canadian tire did)

Also, did you go to the midas in bradford? Is this for midas in general or for all midas outlets (ie in waterloo)

I already made the idiots at canadian tire $40 richer...

I figure: option 1: pay at least 60 for a used headlight (plus shipping) and then another $40 for the safety test

or

option 2: just give that 100 to a mechanic in need
    When u get a vehicle re-checked for safety at the same shop u dont pay again.