tire change at ct - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tire change at ct

Re: tire change at ct

The dude, got all pissy that I was upset about the rotors, and he said if i didnt get so angry he would have offered me two newer race rotors in replace of the ones that are already warped....... ya please give me two rotors that are used and were used for racing, thats exactly what i want...so anyway he said he will refund my money. god this guy is a total ****** BAG
    Last edited by Jtracc600; 02-19-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    2000 GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by Jtracc600 View Post
    The dude, got all pissy that I was upset about the rotors, and he said if i didnt get so angry he would have offered me two newer race rotors in replace of the ones that are already warped....... ya please give me two rotors that are used and were used for racing, thats exactly what i want...so anyway he said he will refund my money. god this guy is a total ****** bag.
    He's a total ****** bag?

Sounds like you went off on him, instead of just trying to resolve things politely. He offered a replacement set of used rotors which is what you'd bought initially (which who knows, the race ones could have been used substantially less then off a beat street bike) and ultimately refunds your money.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    He's a total ****** bag?

Sounds like you went off on him, instead of just trying to resolve things politely. He offered a replacement set of used rotors which is what you'd bought initially (which who knows, the race ones could have been used substantially less then off a beat street bike) and ultimately refunds your money.

he may not have even known they were warped, you took 'em home without noticing. as KLRguy says, he's giving your cash back, thats a pretty good start.

he may not have even known they were warped, you took 'em home without noticing. as KLRguy says, he's giving your cash back, thats a pretty good start.
    if hes not sure that the rotors are warped then dont list them as being straight.
    2000 GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    yup when he installed it he didnt use rim protectors.....but you dont pry aganist the edge of the rim, you are prying aganist the bead of the tire.

Yesh, he did spray the bead area with pledge, thats why you use a liquid that evaporates and is non petrolium based and doesnt leave a film...i guess thats why he used pledge? lol. The pressure aganist the bead, is 30+psi, so its not going to spin lol. You trying getting a tire to pop its bead with no lube on it.

Please do talk about the safety factor, what are you getting at here? What's not safe?

Pride factor? when? while posing at timmies?
    I really get a laugh out of people like yourself that resort to calling others that you don't even know a "poser at timmies". Not sure why you people do this. Is it that your riding skills are so much better than everyone else's. I'm sure that most of the "social riders" that stop at Timmies to chat and meet other riders (and talk about their bikes) could probably run circles around most of the people that refer to them as "posers". It sounds more like an insecurity issue. Maybe people like yourself should quit thinking that you are so much better than everyone else and understand that we all have one common interest and that is we love to ride bikes! All of us have different skill levels but I would never talk down to anyone that may not be as good a rider as myself because I know that there are many more riders that are better than me. I give everyone that rides respect and talk to everyone that has a bike whether they are at Timmies or at the gas station because we all have one common interest and that is riding! People like you that run your mouth off to people you don't even know are people that I have no intentions of waisting my time on. A little respect goes a long way, maybe you should try it sometimes you might even make a friend or two!

wow, your talking me about respect?

I lost all respect for you, and what you had to say, due to comments such as "I hope nobody pays you to change their tires!", "You obviously have never changed a tire before!" and "You obviously don't know alot of things!".

If you had a point to make, make it, dont have to resort to rash comments.

If I diagreed wtih something someone had to say, I would explain why and reason, unlike you who resorted to rash comments.

He's a total ****** bag?

No! Sounds like the guy is a fraud, that’s what it sounds like. If you don’t know rotors your selling aren’t straight or good in anyway at all, you don't advertise them on eBay saying

Quote: "THIS AUCTION IS FOR A NICE SETOF USED FRONT ROTORS OFF A 03 750 THESE WILL FIT ALMOST ALL MODELS BUT YOU SHOULD CHECK FOR SURE.. I HAVE MANY OTHER GSXR PARTS IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW.. ALSO IF YOU NEED THIS ITEM LET ME KNOW IF YOU'D LIKE A BUY IT NOW AND SHOOT ME A OFFER..CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTION.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Why advertise like this. Then when i asked if the rotors were straight in a email he said YES! are f'ing kidding me!

If he didn’t know, it should have said be "have a pair of rotors, not sure if they are straight or damaged" those words should have been in the add, unless your a fraud like this kid, and makes someone go through the hassle of taking the tire, off install the rotors, and have a mechanic laugh and say "you got hose my friend". he’s exactly right i got hosed. he did a deal outside of ebay because he knew if someone bought those scraps of metal through eBay, he would have to pay back that money immediately once the poor sap = me, installed them and noticed they were warped.
    because we made a deal outside of ebay he figured i couldn’t do anything about it.

please dont sit there and pretend like you know what’s going on, because you have no clue. You go and scammed for $140 by some punk kid and tell me your going to take it lightly. Get real.

if by chance he thought they were straight, should have made sure before he sold them, to avoid this problem, and by problem i mean people thinking your a tool for selling them bent rotors which are really paper weights. i dont resolve anything with criminals.
    Last edited by Jtracc600; 02-19-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    2000 GSXR600

wow, your talking me about respect?

I lost all respect for you, and what you had to say, due to comments such as "I hope nobody pays you to change their tires!", "You obviously have never changed a tire before!" and "You obviously don't know alot of things!".

If you had a point to make, make it, dont have to resort to rash comments.

If I diagreed wtih something someone had to say, I would explain why and reason, unlike you who resorted to rash comments.
    I tried to explain it to you when you sent me a private email but you don't even know what a relief valley on a rim is, so I am pretty sure that I am done with speaking with you after your rediculous poser comment.

Goodluck and grow up!

No! Sounds like the guy is a fraud, that’s what it sounds like. If you don’t know rotors your selling aren’t straight or good in anyway at all, you don't advertise them on eBay saying

Quote: "THIS AUCTION IS FOR A NICE SETOF USED FRONT ROTORS OFF A 03 750 THESE WILL FIT ALMOST ALL MODELS BUT YOU SHOULD CHECK FOR SURE.. I HAVE MANY OTHER GSXR PARTS IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW.. ALSO IF YOU NEED THIS ITEM LET ME KNOW IF YOU'D LIKE A BUY IT NOW AND SHOOT ME A OFFER..CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTION.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Why advertise like this. Then when i asked if the rotors were straight in a email he said YES! are f'ing kidding me!

If he didn’t know, it should have said be "have a pair of rotors, not sure if they are straight or damaged" those words should have been in the add, unless your a fraud like this kid, and makes someone go through the hassle of taking the tire, off install the rotors, and have a mechanic laugh and say "you got hose my friend". he’s exactly right i got hosed. he did a deal outside of ebay because he knew if someone bought those scraps of metal through eBay, he would have to pay back that money immediately once the poor sap = me, installed them and noticed they were warped.
    because we made a deal outside of ebay he figured i couldn’t do anything about it.

please dont sit there and pretend like you know what’s going on, because you have no clue. You go and scammed for $140 by some punk kid and tell me your going to take it lightly. Get real.

if by chance he thought they were straight, should have made sure before he sold them, to avoid this problem, and by problem i mean people thinking your a tool for selling them bent rotors which are really paper weights. i dont resolve anything with criminals.
    Hey man - I'm not sitting here pretending anything - all I have is the info you've provided in this thread. All I was pointing out is you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar.

Only in this post did you make it clear that you asked if they were straight, and he said yes. If I'd known that, I'd have understood the issue more clearly.

Which is more hurt - your wallet (he's getting the money back to you), or your pride? - you seem to be dwelling on the 'got hosed/you're a tool' aspect of things.

punk kid/****** bag/criminal??? You bought something, it wasn't what it was supposed to be, you're getting your money back.

Hey man - I'm not sitting here pretending anything - all I have is the info you've provided in this thread. All I was pointing out is you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar.

Only in this post did you make it clear that you asked if they were straight, and he said yes. If I'd known that, I'd have understood the issue more clearly.

Which is more hurt - your wallet (he's getting the money back to you), or your pride? - you seem to be dwelling on the 'got hosed/you're a tool' aspect of things.

punk kid/****** bag/criminal??? You bought something, it wasn't what it was supposed to be, you're getting your money back.
    yea well i hope i am getting my money back, all i have been getting is run arounds by this kid. he wont pay me my money back untill i give back his pieces of scrap metal. so like everyone else in this world, i said okay we will meet up and i will give you your metal back and you give me my $140 back. he says no " I have to pay you through paypal because they wont charge him"... some surcharge if he does it through them. is this kid kidding me. who should be accomodating who here? should i be accomodating him since its his screw up, or should he bite the bullet and give me my money back because this is literally all his fault.... now i have to go to this kids house, give him his stupid metal paper weights, then wait in the drive way while he goes upstairs and refunds my money through paypal. i cant leave without knowing the refund is complete because i cant trust this kid... what integerity does this kid have left that i can honestly say okay i will leave because you assured me you will refund me. right, just like the way he assured me that the rotors were straight right.... so here i am going to be waiting outside in the cold, have to drive 45min to barrie to this kids house, so i can get my money back! bit f'd up dont you think?
    2000 GSXR600

yea well i hope i am getting my money back, all i have been getting is run arounds by this kid. he wont pay me my money back untill i give back his pieces of scrap metal. so like everyone else in this world, i said okay we will meet up and i will give you your metal back and you give me my $140 back. he says no " I have to pay you through paypal because they wont charge him"... some surcharge if he does it through them. is this kid kidding me. who should be accomodating who here? should i be accomodating him since its his screw up, or should he bite the bullet and give me my money back because this is literally all his fault.... now i have to go to this kids house, give him his stupid metal paper weights, then wait in the drive way while he goes upstairs and refunds my money through paypal. i cant leave without knowing the refund is complete because i cant trust this kid... what integerity does this kid have left that i can honestly say okay i will leave because you assured me you will refund me. right, just like the way he assured me that the rotors were straight right.... so here i am going to be waiting outside in the cold, have to drive 45min to barrie to this kids house, so i can get my money back! bit f'd up dont you think?
    Alrighty - you've sold me. He's a dick.

I don't know the % paypal charges on pulling cash out, I've always thought of it as a 'I sell stuff, money goes in, I buy stuff, money goes out' - never needed to take $ out - I can always find something to buy.

It's $140, not 1400 not 14000 - he should just give you cash, get his rotors back and you both walk away. Hell, he should at least meet you midway to save you gas $.

Cheers - hope it all works out.

he paid throught paypal, the money needs to be refunded throught paypal.

there needs to be a record.

jt doesnt know what he is talking about;

seeing how is is flaming the guy, jt would prob run aaway with the cash and file a claim with paypal and the seller wont have a record that they refunded the money.

seeing how is is flaming the guy, jt would prob run aaway with the cash and file a claim with paypal and the seller wont have a record that they refunded the money.
    wtf are you talking about? hes already cashed the money i gave him i assure you! all he has to do is walk to the bank and get the money. the deal was not through eBay either. he has already transfered the cash to his own account from paypal i gaurantee you, and if he has not, he can transfer the money to his own account now, then walk to the bank and get my money very simple not rocket science.

No i wouldnt do that. I would cancel the paypal claim and put resolved even before we met up. if you used paypal and had any knowledge of it you would see that once you have cancelled a claim you cant reopen a claim on that same transaction number.. do some reading might help ya out. i have integerity unlike some people out there. Frekeyguy since your his source and everything i say on here you tell him; tell him that I have no problem coming to his house and tell him to check his email, i have described in detail how it will go down... all i need is a day and time.
    Last edited by Jtracc600; 02-19-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    2000 GSXR600

I hadn't thought about it that way.

I just know if I sold something that turned out to not be what it was, I wouldn't be worried about losing a few bucks on a paypal $ transfer. I'd rather make things right and keep the karma gods happy.

I hadn't thought about it that way.

I just know if I sold something that turned out to not be what it was, I wouldn't be worried about losing a few bucks on a paypal $ transfer. I'd rather make things right and keep the karma gods happy.
    Jtracc600 doesnt quite understand the 'community' feel amoung motorcyclists......he/she hasn't been in the circle yet.

the seller did offer a new set of rotors, but he didnt want them.

Jtracc600 doesnt quite understand the 'community' feel amoung motorcyclists......he/she hasn't been in the circle yet.

the seller did offer a new set of rotors, but he didnt want them.
    why would i want another set of rotors from a liar? I dont think you would. Hes a liar, a fraud, a scammer, whatever you wanna call it. once those rotors came back bent, trust went out the window. Once my trust is blown, they can offer me the world, i dont give a dam, they cant be trusted any longer, so give me my money, very easy concept. Its my dam choice if i choose to not take the rotors, not his. If i want my money, the money i shall get.

If you go shopping at a store, and the salesman tells you all these marvelous things about the item. you pay for item, a good chunk of cash, you bring it home. you then find out, dam, sales guy was wrong completely, he either a) lied to make a sale b) didnt know what the hell he was talking about but said it anyway. then you go back and now your ****** off cause you have already installed it and now you have to uninstall it, and bring it back to the store and now they say "we cant do a normal refund like everyone else, we are going make your life difficult. we will refund your money when we feel like it"....okay, not only did the store say that, you now have to travel 45min north of where you originally bought the product to satisfy them.. what f'n planet are you people on.

Frekeyguy your embarrassing yourself.

You talk about circle of motorcyclist's and a community feel... ya lieing to your fellow motorcyclist is a great way to win the hearts of the community. If your community is a bunch of blood sucking liars who cant admit ther mistakes count me out "Mr.Community". I know that the fellow riders that i ride with dont try to scam me, your obviously not one of them and neither is your boy toy over there.

Bottom F'n line i am going to be the bigger person and go to this kids house and get my money.
    Last edited by Jtracc600; 02-19-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    2000 GSXR600

Have you ever thought that maybe he just didn't know? Is he a professional when it comes to rotors? In his opinion they were straight, you purchased them, and in YOUR opinion they were straight. It wasn't until a professional got involved that you realized that there was a problem. Maybe you should take accountability for your actions. You could have brought a more knowledgeable friend along who was more mechanically enclined to give you a second opinion. I'm just taking a stab in the dark and assuming that you are not very mechanically inclined as you wanted to bring your motorcycle tires to canadian tire to have them changed. Just be happy that the guy is willing to work with you on it and give your money back. If somone spoke to me the way that you have spoken to him I'd tell him to take a hike and that for all I know you installed them and warped them yourself by installing them incorrectly due to your lack of mechanical knowledge.

But then again, I'm just a licensed automotive apprentice, as well as a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering Technologist.

Quote Originally Posted by eightyeightfifty View Post
    Have you ever thought that maybe he just didn't know? Is he a professional when it comes to rotors? In his opinion they were straight, you purchased them, and in YOUR opinion they were straight. It wasn't until a professional got involved that you realized that there was a problem. Maybe you should take accountability for your actions. You could have brought a more knowledgeable friend along who was more mechanically enclined to give you a second opinion. I'm just taking a stab in the dark and assuming that you are not very mechanically inclined as you wanted to bring your motorcycle tires to canadian tire to have them changed. Just be happy that the guy is willing to work with you on it and give your money back. If somone spoke to me the way that you have spoken to him I'd tell him to take a hike and that for all I know you installed them and warped them yourself by installing them incorrectly due to your lack of mechanical knowledge.

But then again, I'm just a licensed automotive apprentice, as well as a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering Technologist.
    hey big engineer, you might also know that a rotor is either straight or it isnt. there is no opinions of rotors being straight, they either are or they arent wtf are you talking about. obviously he doesnt know what straight is. and no i didnt know what straight and non-straight rotors look like. i trusted his reassurance of a quality part. my fault for trusting him now isnt it, hense why i cant trust him any longer. if hes selling quality used parts, might want to make sure they are quality before selling them.

spoke to him badly? i gave him options so we can settle this, treated him badly? if thats badly to him, poor guy has no clue whats coming to him in his upcoming years of life. what am i his mother? i dont act sweet to a guy who just ripped me off.

If hes so gun-ho about paying me through paypal that means he still has my funds in his paypal account. perfect. that means for as long as my paypal claim is on going those funds are held in that account and cannot be withdrawn. beautiful, his only options are agree to the refund or the funds just stay locked until i bring paypal claim agent into the mix, and i have already spoke to paypal claim agent on that note, i am not worried. I just want to get this settled so i dont have to hear 100 more excuses or ways this kid wants to refund my money.

i also did exactly what paypal told me to do:

Open dispute right away if:

-You paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is uncooperative or nonresponsive.
    -You received an item that was significantly different than described.
    Last edited by Jtracc600; 02-20-2009 at 12:06 AM.
    2000 GSXR600

You seem to be pretty big on name calling at everybody that gets involved with you. If I recall you took the wheel to have the tire put on then forgot to remove the spacers. Then you went on about " last thing i want this idiot to do is warp my freggin rotors!!!. Why did he become so stupid when you realised that you left the spacers on? The chances are the rotors, if warped were out .4 mm not 4mm, a huge difference and barely perceptible by eye though definitely out of tolerance. Accept the money gracefully and be thankful you weren't really screwed out of the whole amount. If the seller was trying to screw you he wouldn't be offering a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    You seem to be pretty big on name calling at everybody that gets involved with you. If I recall you took the wheel to have the tire put on then forgot to remove the spacers. Then you went on about " last thing i want this idiot to do is warp my freggin rotors!!!. Why did he become so stupid when you realised that you left the spacers on? The chances are the rotors, if warped were out .4 mm not 4mm, a huge difference and barely perceptible by eye though definitely out of tolerance. Accept the money gracefully and be thankful you weren't really screwed out of the whole amount. If the seller was trying to screw you he wouldn't be offering a refund.
    didnt leave spacers on, thought the rubber seals were the spacers, that actually was my fault. I would love to accept the money if he would just give it back to me.
    Last edited by Jtracc600; 02-20-2009 at 12:14 AM.
    2000 GSXR600