tire change at ct - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: tire change at ct

Re: tire change at ct

Quote Originally Posted by Jtracc600 View Post
    hey big engineer, you might also know that a rotor is either straight or it isnt. there is no opinions of rotors being straight, they either are or they arent wtf are you talking about. obviously he doesnt know what straight is. and no i didnt know what straight and non-straight rotors look like. i trusted his reassurance of a quality part. my fault for trusting him now isnt it, hense why i cant trust him any longer. if hes selling quality used parts, might want to make sure they are quality before selling them.

spoke to him badly? i gave him options so we can settle this, treated him badly? if thats badly to him, poor guy has no clue whats coming to him in his upcoming years of life. what am i his mother? i dont act sweet to a guy who just ripped me off.

If hes so gun-ho about paying me through paypal that means he still has my funds in his paypal account. perfect. that means for as long as my paypal claim is on going those funds are held in that account and cannot be withdrawn. beautiful, his only options are agree to the refund or the funds just stay locked.

i also did exactly what paypal told me to do:

Open dispute right away if:

-You paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is uncooperative or nonresponsive.
    -You received an item that was significantly different than described.
    Hehe this could be fun...
    A rotor will never be perfectly straight. Each rotor will have a tolerance on them as to the straightness and flatness, as well as the surface finish. In this case the rotor was out of spec. When a rotor is used over time, the friction of the brake pads will slowly start to
    a) wear away at the material of the pads and rotors, and or
    b) create enough heat to deform the material.

If the previous owner had an issue with a lets say sticky caliper or other, the pads can create excess heat in which the rotor can become warped without their knowledge, and they may or may not notice a problem.

As far as selling the item, the seller sold you exactly what he thought he had, a perfectly fine used rotor which is exactly what to the knowledge of both of you, you bought! However, upon further inspection you have found out that the rotors were actually not as they appeared, giving you a claim against the seller.

I honestly believe that the guy didn't try to rip you off, and before you start accusing people maybe you should relax a little and look at it from his side. After all he is giving your money back to you.

Flame on! lol.

Well I dont quite like Jtracc600's attitude do im going to sell this sellers side...even thought I know nothing about the seller...it will be fun!

My reasons why Jtracc600 shouldnt be refunded:

1. Jtracc600 mounted the rotors on himself. He/She is not a professional, how is the buyer suppose to know what caused the warpage - maybe it was the installer's fault. No license = no claim.

2. Jtracc600 had the tires changed with the rotors on - it is 'recommended' that you take off the rotors. Maybe the mechanic did?

3. Jtracc600 said he/she purchased straight rotors - therefore accepting the rotors as being in 'good condition'

4. The ebay auction says : "THIS AUCTION IS FOR A NICE SETOF USED FRONT ROTORS OFF A 03 750 THESE WILL FIT ALMOST ALL MODELS BUT YOU SHOULD CHECK FOR SURE.. I HAVE MANY OTHER GSXR PARTS IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW.. ALSO IF YOU NEED THIS ITEM LET ME KNOW IF YOU'D LIKE A BUY IT NOW AND SHOOT ME A OFFER..CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTION.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" umm it doesnt say "straight" or WELCOME to the world of marketing, Fights for $69? Yeah right! Same theory!

5. Biggest reason, he is being a jerk about it. This forum is not suppose to put down ppl, or be about annoying rants - its to build relationships in the community, and help each other out.

6. Also because - watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24UmHjbrgnU - it will explain everything.

As ive said many times on here , rants like this really turn me off the site. To be calling out other members of this board thru no fault of their own, verbal abuse is uncalled for.
    Banning should be enforced IMHO !!!!!
    Rant over LOL