Insurance on a Ninja 250r - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Insurance on a Ninja 250r

Re: Insurance on a Ninja 250r

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    i today finally signed with state farm, they were the cheapest rate i found. 677.87 a yr full coverage 1m liability and 1000 deductable
    But how old are you and what's your experience? That seems rather low for full coverage if you are in your twenties....

Quote Originally Posted by Buttocks View Post
    But how old are you and what's your experience? That seems rather low for full coverage if you are in your twenties....
    im 26 and never had insurance with them before, Also 1 ticket and 1 at fault accident 5 1/2 yrs ago, they are off my record but showed up on his screen still

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie85 View Post
    wow. i dont understand how you guys got all these cheap quotes. I called state farm, kingsway and a few other companys today and they all quoted me 2400 roughly and had to pay within 4-6 months.!!!

thats what i been getting as well... although i do have 3 tickets now...

Quote Originally Posted by RatedPG View Post
    thats what i been getting as well... although i do have 3 tickets now...
    Jevco writes 3 tickets no problem. But there is a 15% surcharge.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

sim

Hi I'm new to the board and want some insight as I'm not sure if I want to start motorcycling. I'm going to be 20 in June, G2 licensed since 17, do not have my M1 yet, and have never had car insurance since I live downtown near my university.

So when I do decide to get a bike after I obtain my M1/2, how do you think the insurance companies will like my situation?

for me it was 80 full coverage m2 25yrs statefarm..one speeding ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by sim View Post
    Hi I'm new to the board and want some insight as I'm not sure if I want to start motorcycling. I'm going to be 20 in June, G2 licensed since 17, do not have my M1 yet, and have never had car insurance since I live downtown near my university.

So when I do decide to get a bike after I obtain my M1/2, how do you think the insurance companies will like my situation?
    It will be quite expensive, that's for sure. I wouldn't expect anything under $2000/yr, and that is assuming a great beginners bike like a Ninja 250. Call a broker or agent . . . they will answer all of your questions and it won't cost you a dime.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

i'm currently paying 749/yr with statefarm on my 09 ninja 250r, full coverage. im 26 and have 1 speeding ticket with a GM1 licence. i dont have anything else insured with them.

Joanne Freeman @Markham rd. and 16th.
    905-294-7415

Quote Originally Posted by k'2 View Post
    i'm currently paying 749/yr with statefarm on my 09 ninja 250r, full coverage. im 26 and have 1 speeding ticket with a GM1 licence. i dont have anything else insured with them.

Joanne Freeman @Markham rd. and 16th.
    905-294-7415
    You can't compare two people when one is under 25 and the other is over 25.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)