Calabogie Super Bike Race

Thread: Calabogie Super Bike Race

Calabogie Super Bike Race

My wife and I are planning on riding up to the Calabogie race in late May. Just wondering if anyone else is planning on going and would like to ride together.

Maybe if there were enough people interested we could organize a ride up there.

Smile Re: Calabogie Super Bike Race

I would love to ride up & WATCH for change

Re: Calabogie Super Bike Race

I'll probably make that trip as well but not sure of the details. May fit it into some holiday plans in the area.

Post up the itinerary when you have it.

Thx

Ham

I would be interested in watching as well. Didn't know they had racing there because of safety concerns, ie. runoff and armco...

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    I would be interested in watching as well. Didn't know they had racing there because of safety concerns, ie. runoff and armco...
    They shouldn't have racing there.

Joey McRae broke his back because he decided to ride straight into the armco instead of running over Jodi Christie last year. Chris Peris and Matt McBride (IIRC) tangled and both bikes were sent cartwheeling OVER the guard rail after the front straight. Rahul Dua almost lost his leg due to the guardrail.

I would not go for two reasons. 1) I dont wan't to see anyone die. 2) I don't want to support the race organization's decision to actually have racing there until certain safety issues have been adressed.

But that's just me and my crazy ideas.

I could be into a trip , will keep watch on this post

The Race schedule is from May-21-24. We will probably follow the same schedule as last year (of course this year my wife will have her own bike). We will leave early on the Saturday morning (23rd) and make it a day trip to get there because of the length of ride it is. We spend the night in a hotel and then watch the race on the Sunday. Depending on what time we go to leave after the race will determin whether we spend another night. Last year it was a long terrible ride back being blackfly season, dark and not one gas station open. :P

I will be there May 22nd to 24th . I am probably riding there Thursday evening and staying for a couple nights. Keep us in the loop...

I'm looking at going down early Saturday morning. Returning either Sunday late afternoon or even Monday morning.

Hammie

Anyone else making the trip?

Hammie

I'm going up to Calabogie with some friends saturday morning, if you like you can join us let me know. We are leaving around 9:30 am from Whitby (thickson/401)
    Ma che cazzo hai detto!!!!!!!!!

Thx Sempre1-I'm going to try and be rolling by 8AM to meet some Ottawa types in Perth.

Ride safe.

does anyone care to suggest a twisty route from toronto to the track? I recall years ago going on a 507 run would that lead to the track? (I'm just returning to the sport)

Thinking of riding up, hoping to make it a fun trip. Any suggestions are appreciated.