Kahuna Powersports - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahuna Powersports

Re: Kahuna Powersports

they've got ads posted all over kijiji for the '09 250R.... what about the hundred or so ppl that have been waiting for nearly a year to get one.

they've had my deposit since the summer of '08..... I never received a phonecall, so I decided to go in the other day. to my surprise there's a brand new one in my colour on the showroom floor.

I won't be buying anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by koz View Post
    they've got ads posted all over kijiji for the '09 250R.... what about the hundred or so ppl that have been waiting for nearly a year to get one.

they've had my deposit since the summer of '08..... I never received a phonecall, so I decided to go in the other day. to my surprise there's a brand new one in my colour on the showroom floor.

I won't be buying anything from them.
    Did you try to find out or ask them why they didn't call you, even they have had your deposit?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh P View Post
    I bought my bike from them before they moved and the new place is awesome. They never tried to pressure me on bike, maintenance or accessories and I do everything through them. The parts guys always answer my questions and are very helpful. I would buy another bike from them but I would be careful who I bought it from.

I dropped my bike off for service one day and while waiting for a ride home sat on some bikes. A salesman comes up and introduces himself and chats for 20-30 minutes. The next day I was back and while waiting for them to finish up with my bike I was looking around the showroom and the same salesman strolls up to me and introduces himself like I'd never seen him before. I was wearing the exact same gear and it was less than 24 hours. Not a good way to make a sale, he lost my business for my next bike right then and there.
    wow, that's one true professional sales man who acts just like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    Did you try to find out or ask them why they didn't call you, even they have had your deposit?
    the guy who took my deposit wasn't there. I figured I'd just get my money back since I already bought and sold an '08 during the time I was waiting for the '09. I presented my receipt to a different salesguy for my refund, and he said he wasn't allowed to give it to me.

now I gotta drive another hour to go back and get my damn money.

brutal.

Thumbs up Re: Kahuna Powersports

They're near me too, and I've used 'em to shop for accessories. They have always been great. Knowledgeable, go out of their way to help, they LISTEN, no pressure tactics, friendly. I will use them when the time comes to service my bike.
    There is no planet B.

I can't say for service or sales, but I've bought some accessories from them and they have been helpful.

When I internally wired my bars, I was looking for something to look sharp around them when they come out the bottom. Some dude with a goatee described something that could be used, but they didn't have any in. He then took me in the back looking all over the place for a small peice so he could show me what it was. Turns out is was this wire loom that is a mesh; kind of acts as a finger trap when you tug on the thing. Anyways, I just was impressed that he spent at least 20 minutes on this, then told the accessories guy to order it, take my number and call when it was in. A few days later I get the call. All that for 10 ft of the stuff, and it cost me less than 10 bux.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Got my 08 ZX6r from them last spring, here is my opinion:

Sales: Great, I went in not knowing much about how to buy a bike or even Bikes at all, I used to ride professional motocross in Venezuela when i was 12 and since then I loved motorcycles but never had a super sports, anyways, he told me to first look into insurance (good advice) then to get my M2 and basically told me what to do and then to come back and we will talk about what Bike. Pretty professional, as anyone else would off tried to get a sale out of a newbie.

Service: Really bad, they will never call you back when you try to make an appointment. To the point I had to send the manager an email letting him know about his lack of costumer service, he then called me and I had an appointment. Also had some issues when I took a friend there with his new bike.

Parts: Great, good customer service and they will call you when the part is there.

Overall a good place, they just need to get their **** together in the service area to be an all around place, they are busy there but no excuse, since then I know bring my bike to A1, those guys are great.

Hope this helps

I went there yesterday to check out some gear and order a part for my bike. Parts dept was very helpful and the sales guy who was showing me the gear was really helpful too and wasn't at all pressuring me to buy anything.
    2002 Suzuki SV650S

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurl View Post
    I went there yesterday to check out some gear and order a part for my bike. Parts dept was very helpful and the sales guy who was showing me the gear was really helpful too and wasn't at all pressuring me to buy anything.
    did they have any 250's? Cause from their ads they should have a couple hundred of em...

Thumbs up Re: Kahuna Powersports

Very impressed with Kahuna I purchased a 08 zx14, The owner allowed me to ride his ZX 14 before I made my decision on the Busa or Zx14, Suzuki just about laughed when I asked if they would do the same, Also I traded in a 08 Suzuki cruiser which Kahuna gave me more money then Suzuki , Also very professional and had my bike ready for delivery when promised and all papwerwork completed
    Friends Don't let Friends ride STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    did they have any 250's? Cause from their ads they should have a couple hundred of em...
    They had a black one in the show room, but while I was checking it out and talking to the sales guy, he told me that they had just sold a red and a blue one that day. Funny enough, we look out the window and there they are being taken away on the parking lot!
    2002 Suzuki SV650S

I live couple blocks from Kahuna. Parts and service guys are awesome will go to great lengths to find the things you need even if it's not within their scope of work like my scooter parts which I should be getting from my scooter dealers. If not for their lack of care and handing me few websites to go look it up on the websites and come back with what I want I wouldn't have found Kahuna's great service even though they are more motorcycle oriented.

Very nice people to deal with ,I picked up 08 Ninja 250 In march last year.I also got a 08 silver R6 In August, Outstanding service and super nice people to deal with..

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurl View Post
    They had a black one in the show room, but while I was checking it out and talking to the sales guy, he told me that they had just sold a red and a blue one that day. Funny enough, we look out the window and there they are being taken away on the parking lot!
    thanks. Good to know that they're trickling in.

Not to push or promote a company. Kahuna I havn't really heard any negative comments, but it is a larger chain. There is a smaller shop not to far from them called motorcircle. The problem is they only do used, but do service. I have had service done there and it is more of a family oriented shop vs the sell sell.

PS I do not work for either shops.
    Come Ride With Us
    Quality Used Motorcycles
    www.ridewithvos.com

I've used Motorcircle (On Jane just N of 407). Bought my jacket from Vital, good guy.
    There is no planet B.

Just a question for everyone that bought a bike from Kahuna.
    I put a deposit down for a bike.
    I noticed on the invoice that I got charged a "pre-delivery" fee.

did anyone else got charge this fee from kahuna?
    if so how much?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jj_jc View Post
    Just a question for everyone that bought a bike from Kahuna.
    I put a deposit down for a bike.
    I noticed on the invoice that I got charged a "pre-delivery" fee.

did anyone else got charge this fee from kahuna?
    if so how much?

Thanks.
    I just checked my invoice from when I got mine last year and I didn't get a charge for that, However, I picked up the bike, I didn't have it delivered.

Dr.Das

My invoice has that "pre-delivery" on it also. The charge I think is for the assembly they do out of the crate. Some dealers really rake people on those fees.

Thanks ZX600 and Dr. Das for the reply.