Kahuna Powersports - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kahuna Powersports

Re: Kahuna Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    ...kawasaki not producing enough bikes or delivering them on time...
    Right, there is bunch of ninjas sitting all around the city. Also 08 models are still up for sale. That's just sales-person bs. I can't imagine anyone would believe that...

All I can say is at the time I purchased my bike (placed my order) they didn't have any in stock. There was no reason for them to feed me BS. I was prepared to pay the full amount on the spot if they had a bike to give me... I can understand if I paid the amount in full and then ended up waiting for a bike to come in. They would of had my money already and there would be no incentve for them to delivery me a bike as soon as possible.

But since I only left a small deposit , the owness was on the dealer to get me a bike if they wanted the sale and the rest of the money..

Plus if you read your contract clearly it states they have 3 months to deliver the product. Otherwise you can cancel your order any time after that and get your deposit back.

You may be correct in that there may be more stock available now, but not at the beginning of the year, which is the time I was referring to.

Also at the begining of the year, the used 08 models were going for the same price as a new 09 model....and there wasn't that much stock available..

I agree with you in that you shouldn't believe everything a salesperson may tell you, but you shouldn't also assume everything they tell you is BS. It's up to you to be as prepared as possible, and if you are not entirely comfortable with what they are telling you , you have the option of just leaving or only give them a small deposit so that you are not committed to a large deposit for something you are not sure can be delivered..
    Last edited by 250R-ICE; 07-10-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkey View Post
    Right, there is bunch of ninjas sitting all around the city. Also 08 models are still up for sale. That's just sales-person bs. I can't imagine anyone would believe that...

If the assumption you just made is true, then why is the demand and price for the bike still high? Look all over the used bike boards and you can see used 08-09 models going for almost the same price as a new one..

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    If the assumption you just made is true, then why is the demand and price for the bike still high? Look all over the used bike boards and you can see used 08-09 models going for almost the same price as a new one..
    Listed or Selling...just because a bike is listed at X amount...doesnt mean it sells for X amount.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

I bought my KLR650 from Norm a couple of weeks ago and I am very happy with the deal. He is straight forward, no sales pressure, I knew what I wanted and he got the deal.

I am a happy customer and have been back a couple of times for accessories.
    Andy
    2008 KLR650, blue 21 aka Thumper.
    2010 Can-Am RT aka Bomur.

Banned

I just bought a ninja 250R my first bike off of norm. no pressure at all, told me alot of helpful info.

For accessories, they matched an RF-1000 helmet price that envy rides was advertising @ 399 when kahuna have it listed for 649 still. so big thumbs up for taking care of there customers.

Going back tomorrow to find a jacket/boots/gloves!

Quote Originally Posted by Grafx View Post
    I just bought a ninja 250R my first bike off of norm. no pressure at all, told me alot of helpful info.

For accessories, they matched an RF-1000 helmet price that envy rides was advertising @ 399 when kahuna have it listed for 649 still. so big thumbs up for taking care of there customers.

Going back tomorrow to find a jacket/boots/gloves!
    +1 for Norm.

I bought 3 bikes from him and he has always been honest and helpful. Never any bs or hardsell.

Scotty in the accessories dept. is also very good. Great guy and knows his stuff. He also will give you a discount on the advertised or catalogue price.

I went in there today. Everyone is professional, friendly and helpful. I would def go back there again

A+++ Rod is a straight up guy to deal with!

I would buy there again.
    09 Candy Burnt Orange ZX-10R - Optioned With: OZ/Braking Forged Wheels - Braking Wave Rotors - RACEFIT Growler - 2010 black forks - BMC - NOVA H.I.D.- X-TRE - Jardine - Evotech - PROGRIP - HOTBODIES - Renthal - Pazzo - Rizoma - LSL - Colour matched panels

ya good place deal with greg hes a nice guy . we have purchased 2 bikes from him an 08 and 06

Banned

I just cancelled my bike deal @ Kahuna and plan to go elsewhere.

There financing department is absolutely ****ing ridiculous to deal with.

I have perfect credit (never missed a bill), and didn't get approved for 6000$ ninja250r bill with accessories ..., then had my dad co-sign, and they still want 12% interest on a ninja 250r

During the deal i was told "between 6-9% financing over 60 months"

they come back with 12% over 72 months with 2 perfect credit people on the contract? these guys are so full of **** its not even funny.

a 4500$ bike costing me 12000$ over 6 years in commission? these guys are off there rocker, i'll be going elsewhere

WOW, thats horse$hit man - i had an issue like that when i bought my first, from then i arrange my own financing through my bank... by the way State Farm can finance as well....just in case your insurance was going to be with them....

I have perfect credit (never missed a bill), and didn't get approved for 6000$ ninja250r bill with accessories ..., then had my dad co-sign, and they still want 12% interest on a ninja 250r

they come back with 12% over 72 months with 2 perfect credit people on the contract? these guys are so full of **** its not even funny.

a 4500$ bike costing me 12000$ over 6 years in commission? these guys are off there rocker, i'll be going elsewhere
    Shy not get a bank line of credit youll be at prime + 2%. Itll be much better then using their financing option. You also can pay it off faster.

What kinda bill have you never missed? because if its cell phone that does nothing for your credit. But yeah go to your bank get a line of credit, itll be easier on you.

link fyi http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...384380556.html

somewhere - either on this link or another I can't find right now - it tells you what things a person inadvertently does that lowers your credit score, thereby potentially causing you to have to pay higher rates.

- one i recall, was that the more enquiries you make to get credit (going to more and more dealers and making application) lowers your score.
    Ya it sucks - wish I could find this other link - it had a lot of good info - maybe Google "what things do people do that lowers their credit score?"

btw, $5000.00 amortized over 72 mo with zero down at 12% should be 97 bucks / mo = $6984.
    so not sure what math they trying to use..
    Last edited by thumpit; 10-27-2009 at 12:04 PM.

why not get a line of credit?

One may never miss a payment,however there are a number of factors that can cause your interest rate to be high,as indicated above the more credit inquiries that is done under one's name will cause your credit score to be lowered.I often advised people maximum 4 inquiries per year. If one exceed that amount they appear to be a credit seeker.It is also critical to not max out your credit card try to remain within 20% of your limit example $1000.00 limit, stay within the $800.00 percentile especially if that balance is revolving.Minimize the number of outstanding credit facilities open to you,You really only need 2 credit cards,once your lender see too many credit cards even though they may not have a balance this can affect your interest as your risk exposure becomes higher.This person could actually max out all their cards within a week and as a result of that lenders has to factor portion of those limit in their calculation which is generally 3%to 5% of one's limit as a monthly payment.It is also critical to note that if your (total debt service ratio)tds,this means gross monthlyincome/gross monthly expenses, if this number exceed 40% banks are very hesitant to lend without a strong cosignor.There is much more that can affect your credit score even though you are making your payments on time.

if i am not mistaken, usually all the financing is done thru 3rd party or directly from manufacture. dealer usually doesn't have anything to do with it and I dont think kahuna even has a financing dept.
    get a line of credit.

The sales guys are okay, bought my 08ZZR from them last spring, and I agree that their finance department sucks... but the markets for credit are very tight right now so who knows if they do a better job when things were easier say 2 years ago.

Their parts and accessories (Scotty) guys rock though.

No problem with parts & accessories and Tony in Service is great (I've never dealt with the sales dept ).

However I am less than impressed with the actual service tech(s) after having my bike "repaired" there, enough I wouldn't bring my bike there unless I had no choice.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

+1

My better half just purchased a 09 ninja 250 from them yesterday and the transaction was quick and painless. She got a bit of a break on some accessories and gear and could have picked up the bike on Friday if I hadn't lent my trailer to my buddy! Pick it up Wednesday.
    "Honestly officer I broke my scaphoid and the doctor fused my throttle hand wide open!"