if you are ever up north i suggest you hit this.. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you are ever up north i suggest you hit this..

Re: if you are ever up north i suggest you hit this..

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    The best solo riding day I had last year, I just explored that area. If you don't get lost a couple of times, you're not doing it right!
    agreed!

I have the privilege of living in the above mentioned area and there are even better roads in the area and with a bit of creativity they can all be basically hooked together. If you end up putting a ride together give me a shout and I'll show you them.

However if you really want to ride some roads that will make the above mentioned look flat and straight, save your sheckels and head straight to Lake Placid and go exploring for the weekend.

Enjoy Riding
    Outta Here

ridden this road quite a few times, great tight turns, and some nice sweepers as well. nearer the end of summer last year they laid down a bunch of tared gravel to fill cracks, so watch yourself as I think they do this early in the spring as well. It's about 20 Km in from 118 ( town is called West Guilford) and you can probably stop at the Haliburton Forest and Wolf center for some lunch while up there.

also a nice way to get there is to take Monck Rd out of Orillia / Rama, over to 35 to Minden, 21 to Haliburton, 118 to West Guilford then up 7 to Kennisis Lake. And if you want a higher speed run home, take 118 all the way back out to Hwy 11

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...,1.785278&z=10

( sorry I don't know how to put the map as a link "here")

Quote Originally Posted by newly75 View Post
    ( sorry I don't know how to put the map as a link "here")
    You did just fine, we got the map. Thanks for the hint!
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

That's my back yard! Have had a cottage in Minden for a long time. Don't forget to stop for an ice Cream at Kawartha dairy on the way through Minden before the 21 to haliburton
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.