zx6r exhaust servo eliminator - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zx6r exhaust servo eliminator

Re: zx6r exhaust servo eliminator

For that price you cant go wrong, I believe that they were letting those go for their cost price. As no one was buying them....

Those ports you see on your exhaust headers are for an auto tune o2 sensor, basically a PC that tunes itself or gathers the info you need to make your map for you...Instead of tuning baised on HP gains and power curves on a dyno, you are using exhaust gas analysis...The 02 sensor "sniffs" the exhaust gas, and from that it can tell how well its been burnt and if it is rich or lean...So it is constantly either loggin that data for you, or in the case of the new PCV or PCC auto tuning the a specific air/fuel ratio. Tuning on its own as you ride the bike...

So far Ive only had experience with the PCC that Riders Choice sells, but both bikes I installed them on run great...After about the first min of the bike running, you can hear the engine tone change...As its gathered the info and made the proper changes to the FI...

The good thing about it, is your paying for the unit and never have to pay for dyno tuning. You can always get a dyno run to see what gains your getting, but you dont have to pay someone to make maps for you...So when you make a change to the bikes setup (add air filter, velocity stacks, different exhaust, etc etc) the unit will make the changes to the FI without having to pay for more expensive dyno tuning. Also as weather changes or altitude changes, again the auto tune will......Auto tune...

There are 3 systems that I know of that are available to the general public...

PCC- for Riders choice, only hardware tunes to a set A/F and there is no software

Bazzaz- collects A/F data so you use it to make your won map, with the included software

PCV auto tune- Supposed to be the most advanced with the most features, allows you to log info and make the changes you want made...Or can be set up to make the changes on its own, to the A/F ratio you choose at what RPM....

I got my PVC from BSR the other day, and I should have the auto tune kit in a week or 2...
    I was going to go with the Bazzaz but from what Ive been reading the PCV has more advanced software...The PCC is nice because you just wire it up, and let it do its thing..No software to mess with...

does anyone want to do a small GB for this?

i got it for 135 usd shipped...
    then the marked it as 135usd when they shipped it with usps and i had to pay taxess and brokerage!
    so make sure if you order to tell the lady that answers you want it marked for a much lower cost on the shipping label

Quote Originally Posted by cager View Post
    does anyone want to do a small gb for this?
    yes!
    "I have no past, I have no future, I am the Now"

raustin

Just got a quick question of my own. I don't have a full exhaust system on my 05 zx 636 but i do have a micron slip on exhaust... as soon as i put the exhaust on the Fi light came on and the dealer said that would happen but its not a big deal and if i wanted i could just bring the bike in and they would clear the code and reprogram the ecu so it wouldnt' throw that code anymore.... is this true orrr have i been riding it with the FI light on and damaging the bike? I have ran it like that for about 4000 kms and bike runs fine... never had any issues with it. Just curious as i am going to sell the bike this spring and want to make sure it is 100% safe.... this module thing for 100 bucks from ivans... would this be an appropriate thing to buy for my bike even tho i don't have full exhaust? and will this make the FI light go away ? also if it will make it go away do i still need to take it into the dealer to get it cleared first? Also how do i check what code it is actually throwing? I never actually checked... since it came on the second i started it up after i put the exhaust on... never thought twice... its an 05 zx 636.

thanks,
    Auzzie

Quote Originally Posted by raustin View Post
    Just got a quick question of my own. I don't have a full exhaust system on my 05 zx 636 but i do have a micron slip on exhaust... as soon as i put the exhaust on the Fi light came on and the dealer said that would happen but its not a big deal and if i wanted i could just bring the bike in and they would clear the code and reprogram the ecu so it wouldnt' throw that code anymore.... is this true orrr have i been riding it with the FI light on and damaging the bike? I have ran it like that for about 4000 kms and bike runs fine... never had any issues with it. Just curious as i am going to sell the bike this spring and want to make sure it is 100% safe.... this module thing for 100 bucks from ivans... would this be an appropriate thing to buy for my bike even tho i don't have full exhaust? and will this make the FI light go away ? also if it will make it go away do i still need to take it into the dealer to get it cleared first? Also how do i check what code it is actually throwing? I never actually checked... since it came on the second i started it up after i put the exhaust on... never thought twice... its an 05 zx 636.

thanks,
    Auzzie
    When you installed your slipon did you install anything under the seat onto the exhaust servo? If not then that is the reason for your FI light.....And this Ivans product will elimintate that servo and the FI light...

But you can also elimineate the FI light without removing the servo, simply by installing a servo rotation limiter....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    When you installed your slipon did you install anything under the seat onto the exhaust servo? If not then that is the reason for your FI light.....And this Ivans product will elimintate that servo and the FI light...

But you can also elimineate the FI light without removing the servo, simply by installing a servo rotation limiter....
    I have that 'servo rotation' installed, but the FI light's still on!

Quote Originally Posted by Torrrsccott View Post
    Then its possible that your servo motor has gone bad, or the FI light is due to something else...I suggest you actually pull the FI code and find out what the FI light is actually comming on for...

Quote Originally Posted by Torrrsccott View Post

that happend when I put a pipe on another bike. I would still get the code with the rotation limiter installed. took it on and off a couple times letting the bike reset and still nothing. put a different limiter on from another pipe and the code went away, put the other one back on when the servo was in the right postion and its fine now. who knows?????

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Then its possible that your servo motor has gone bad, or the FI light is due to something else...I suggest you actually pull the FI code and find out what the FI light is actually comming on for...

I have both another servo and limiter if you want to try that out.

code 63 is for servo motor (exhaust valve). Pulley angle might've been moved on servo motor.

This if what I've found on KawiForum:

"•Confirm the pulley angle [A] (41.7° ±7°) as shown. It is
    original position of the pulley.
    If the angle is not within the specified angle, adjust the
    actuator"

I'll try this, might work.

Thanks AC if this doesn't work, I'll take you up on your offer.

raustin

Hi,

I put on a micron slip on exhaust on my 05 zx 636 and the FI light came on... the dealer i bought it from told me this would happen and told me that its no big deal but if i wanted to come in they could reflash the comp and then the FI light wouldn't come on anymore... is this possible? Secondly i have actually rode for bout 4000 kms with the fi light on like that but the bike has run like a top... so im guessing it is safe riding with fi light on? The reason i ask now is because I am selling the bike and i want to make sure its 100% good to go. is that module from ivans a good thing to buy to eliminate the fi light from coming on?

Also how do i find out what code the bike it throwing? is it the same as the 07s the procedure that is posted above? ignition on, ignition off mode more than 2 seconds kinda thing...? if so after i find out what code its throwing will the bike start? or do i ahve to take it out of this diagnostic mode?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hi,

I put on a micron slip on exhaust on my 05 zx 636 and the FI light came on... the dealer i bought it from told me this would happen and told me that its no big deal but if i wanted to come in they could reflash the comp and then the FI light wouldn't come on anymore... is this possible? Secondly i have actually rode for bout 4000 kms with the fi light on like that but the bike has run like a top... so im guessing it is safe riding with fi light on? The reason i ask now is because I am selling the bike and i want to make sure its 100% good to go. is that module from ivans a good thing to buy to eliminate the fi light from coming on?

Also how do i find out what code the bike it throwing? is it the same as the 07s the procedure that is posted above? ignition on, ignition off mode more than 2 seconds kinda thing...? if so after i find out what code its throwing will the bike start? or do i ahve to take it out of this diagnostic mode?

Thanks,
    Ryan

thanks,
    Auzzie

your name changed?

raustin

Ryan - first name

Auzzie - nickname

I appologize for the confusion... any help on my posts would be greatly appreciated tho!

raustin

Sorry i didn't see that my questions have been answered... its been a really long weekend and today is a rough one a work. Is there any way i can pull the code on mine and make sure its the servo motor for sure? and then that way I can get it fixed?

go check the error code from under your seat
    put a wire in that thing that sticks out and put it to ground
    your FI light should then flash
    go look up your technical manual for your bike and you'll figure out what the flashes mean

Sorry i didn't see that my questions have been answered... its been a really long weekend and today is a rough one a work. Is there any way i can pull the code on mine and make sure its the servo motor for sure? and then that way I can get it fixed?

all you need is the rotation limter on the servo.

something like this pic I found. (to lazy to go take a pic of mine)

raustin

Quote Originally Posted by cager View Post
    go check the error code from under your seat
    put a wire in that thing that sticks out and put it to ground
    your FI light should then flash
    go look up your technical manual for your bike and you'll figure out what the flashes mean
    That thing that sticks out...? little more specific on that thing?

I can't turn ignition on
    turn ignition off
    hold mode for 2 seconds and find out what code is flashing that way? I saw that posted somewhere on here i think by somebody else but it was for an 06 or and 07 i think... that won't work for my 05?

I can't turn ignition on
    turn ignition off
    hold mode for 2 seconds and find out what code is flashing that way? I saw that posted somewhere on here i think by somebody else but it was for an 06 or and 07 i think... that won't work for my 05?

I think its that black plug in the upper left corner of the last pic I posted.

I can't turn ignition on
    turn ignition off
    No your guage will only display the FI light untill you put it in diagnostics mode. Which is done by grounding that orange wire under your seat. Then the guage will disply the code with a series of flashes, you will then need the service manual to translate those flashes to the error code...