Blue Ridge Parkway - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Ridge Parkway

Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    even though we were travelling...um...quickly.
    Bob your speedo must be off or something cause I was doing speed limit the whole time... But really that ride was fun, you've just gotta be careful cause as you get accustomed to the road our speed kept creeping higher and higher, eventually if you push too hard you could see yourself riding the rock walls.

Riding the Skyline and about half the BRP is plenty for one day, we all sat pool side and just about died from exhaustion.
    SOAR Novice #113

The best time to ride the BRP is after labour day in sept. when there's much fewer RV's.

I ripped through there a few years back on the way to deals gap and then again the next fall. As beautiful as it is I probably won't ride it again as you really miss out on the small towns and life along the way...... It's kind of a world unto itself.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    The best time to ride the BRP is after labour day in sept. when there's much fewer RV's.

I ripped through there a few years back on the way to deals gap and then again the next fall. As beautiful as it is I probably won't ride it again as you really miss out on the small towns and life along the way...... It's kind of a world unto itself.
    I liked the BRP for the first hour or so then got real boring since every corner looks the same like your stuck in an infinite loop.

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    I liked the BRP for the first hour or so then got real boring since every corner looks the same like your stuck in an infinite loop.
    if your're gonna get stuck in an infinite loop, that's the loop i'd like to be stuck in.

just finished watching Dave's video of Cheroloa Skyway again...miss it.
    Dave, can you throw a linky up to that vid?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

if your're gonna get stuck in an infinite loop, that's the loop i'd like to be stuck in.

That's DJ video, he's the only one that can post up a public link... Bob you're such a hooligan!
    SOAR Novice #113

After the skyway the roads sucked. We should have turned around and gone back to the beginning.

After the skyway the roads sucked. We should have turned around and gone back to the beginning.
    this coming from the guy who put his bike away and went fishing

it was all good for me. I could go up and down the BRP, Skyline, Skyway, and the Gap over and over and over.....

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

it was all good for me. I could go up and down the BRP, Skyline, Skyway, and the Gap over and over and over.....
    Gotta agree I loved it all, well except when that park ranger pointed at me and warn me to slow down on the Skyway... Hehe good times. 35mph is a little too slow for me, I'd say a quick pace through their is about 65-70mph, wish the limit was 55. Then again who really cares as long as you don't get thrown in the slammer cause the tickets don't transfer over anyways.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Gotta agree I loved it all, well except when that park ranger pointed at me and warn me to slow down on the Skyway... Hehe good times. 35mph is a little too slow for me, I'd say a quick pace through their is about 65-70mph, wish the limit was 55. Then again who really cares as long as you don't get thrown in the slammer cause the tickets don't transfer over anyways.
    no they don't transfer over you just have to pay them ... as i recall the tickets given while on the BRP are given by the state of VA but since the BRP is a federal parkland, then the ticket is a federal offense and if you go without paying it and you cross the border they could pull you over as soon as customs is done checking you ...

someone feel free to correct me this is just my understanding of it ...

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

No, I meant when we finished doing Cherohala and got down to Tellico Plains, we should have turned around and gone back to Robbinsville via Cherohala again.

BRP was a great road. We certainly had our "fun" on it. It does seem like it is the same 4-5 turns repeated a million times on it though, but still fun. At least you only had the park ranger point at you Dave Not fun being pulled over by 2 park rangers and forced to stay on your bike with kickstand up, on an incline for about an hour in the blazing heat!!!
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

'08 Yamaha WR250X (SuperRetard)
    '03 Suzuki SV1000S Current (Silver Surfer)

'07 Aprilia SXV 5.5 Teefed (Redstar)
    '04 Honda 1000RR Previous (Red1.2)
    '05 Yamaha R6 Previous (Red1)
    '89 Suzuki GS500E Previous (SuziQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the **** up and not be such a ******. you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post

Ben Steinberg Deals Gap Resort Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
    BRP was a great road. We certainly had our "fun" on it. It does seem like it is the same 4-5 turns repeated a million times on it though, but still fun. At least you only had the park ranger point at you Dave Not fun being pulled over by 2 park rangers and forced to stay on your bike with kickstand up, on an incline for about an hour in the blazing heat!!!
    Ya kind of happy I had to turn around with Rob, you guys took all the heat for us! Thanks
    SOAR Novice #113

Ya kind of happy I had to turn around with Rob, you guys took all the heat for us! Thanks
    He said we were 'only' going 3X the speed limit, and something about going to jail, or we were supposed to - whatever.
    We should have gave him a date for this year, when he could try and catch us again.

If it happens again, I'm throwing my keys on the ground next time, and using my side stand.

Quote Originally Posted by banned it View Post
    He said we were 'only' going 3X the speed limit, and something about going to jail, or we were supposed to - whatever.
    We should have gave him a date for this year, when he could try and catch us again.

If it happens again, I'm throwing my keys on the ground next time, and using my side stand.
    There won't be a next time, we'll just stay off Skyline Drive. We lost half a day there.

No, I meant when we finished doing Cherohala and got down to Tellico Plains, we should have turned around and gone back to Robbinsville via Cherohala again.

Oh yeah. The part after Cherohala totally blew chunks. Everyone: wearing a 1p leather suit on a hot summer day, stuck in traffic due to road repaving is NOT pleasant....

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

There won't be a next time, we'll just stay off Skyline Drive. We lost half a day there.

we didn't "lose" a half day there.

We "spent" a half day there, and it was well worth it. I enjoyed it...

besides, i thought we're eating lobster on the east coast this year?
    Last edited by BusaBob; 02-10-2009 at 12:41 PM.

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Which one? "Playing on the Cherohala Skyway" or "Riding with luggage, on the blue ridge parkway."

we didn't "lose" a half day there.

We "spent" a half day there, and it was well worth it. I enjoyed it...

besides, i thought we're eating lobster on the east coast this year?
    There was no flow, too much traffic since it was a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Which one? "Playing on the Cherohala Skyway" or "Riding with luggage, on the blue ridge parkway."

Cherohala

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa