16 year old 600cc - bike insc? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 year old 600cc - bike insc?

Re: 16 year old 600cc - bike insc?

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    which brings up another interesting point, wouldn't they insure him on the most expensive bike?

you said the 600 was the smallest bike in your garage?
    ........hmmmm, good point Fing. Don't say something like you have to add all the valid drives of a vehicle in the home on the insure, regardless if you say they don't drive that paricluar vehicle?
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

try kanetix.com

I'm 16, got my m2 at the very start of August 2008. I bought a 2006 250 ninja and rode that from August til December. Last month I bought a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4I. The quote I got for it was $2968 a year through Facility insurance company.(liability only). Apparently they are the one of only insurance companies who don't charge highly for Sport bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I'm 16, got my m2 at the very start of August 2008. I bought a 2006 250 ninja and rode that from August til December. Last month I bought a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4I. The quote I got for it was $2968 a year through Facility insurance company.(liability only). Apparently they are the one of only insurance companies who don't charge highly for Sport bikes.
    Dude, that IS high. "Facility Insurance" is not so much a company as it is a place people can go for insurance when no one else wants to take the chance of insuring them.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    What's the bike worth? $4000?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    value of the bike doesnt have much to do with insurance.

have you thought of selling that bike and buying him a honda 125 or ninja250r? that would save you tons on insurance. it really will break the bank insuring a 16 yr old on a 600cc ss.

LIABILITY ONLY. The bike could be worth $500 or $10,000. They arent insuring the bike at all.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    ........hmmmm, good point Fing. Don't say something like you have to add all the valid drives of a vehicle in the home on the insure, regardless if you say they don't drive that paricluar vehicle?
    yep, his insurance will drastically go up on every vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    value of the bike doesnt have much to do with insurance.
    Just making a point. Bike is worth $4000 and dude is paying $3000 a year for insurance. Waste of money.

I bought my 89 CBR600 when I was 17.
    I dunno if I was typical for my age or not, but when I look back at some of the dumb stuff I used to do on that bike when I was 17-20...Darwin should have gotten me.
    I agree a 600SS is alot of bike for a kid.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

the stuff i used to do with my parent's 79 impala stationwagon when I was 16...makes me shudder to think of as an adult...and I was a "responsible kid"

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Banned

Just making a point. Bike is worth $4000 and dude is paying $3000 a year for insurance. Waste of money.
    those two numbers arent related at all. its a pointless comparison.

when you add collision to insurance is when the value of the bike comes into effect. insurance is more to cover physical and monetary damages in event of an accident.

Riders choice wont touch anyone under 25, so multi bike multi rider discount is out. TD Primmum wouldn't quote over the phone but sent out a "long form" application. We're not spending another 3K on top of what I pay already, so unless TD comes in with a reasonable number, the 600 goes back on the track.
    06VFR800
    06KTM950A
    07KTM525EXC
    03CR250
    77RD400

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    the stuff i used to do with my parent's 79 impala stationwagon when I was 16...makes me shudder to think of as an adult...and I was a "responsible kid"
    Hey, Bob., do your parents still have the Impala wagon? I LOVE those big old wagon's!!

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    those two numbers arent related at all. its a pointless comparison.

when you add collision to insurance is when the value of the bike comes into effect. insurance is more to cover physical and monetary damages in event of an accident.
    Completely true.

As an insurer, I could care less what your bike is worth . . . it is your potential to harm yourself and others that I care about.

If I were to insure a pipe bomb for theft and liability, you can bet I would charge a premium $1000's more than what the pipe bomb is worth. The pipe bomb can be built for pennies, but it's potential to cause harm is enormous.

An outrageous example I know, but it gets the point across :P If you look at your insurance documentation, most of your premium is charged for Liability and Accident Benefits for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Hey, Bob., do your parents still have the Impala wagon? I LOVE those big old wagon's!!

hahaha...no. that one died a long, long time ago....

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa