Calling All DRAG RACERS!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling All DRAG RACERS!!

Re: Calling All DRAG RACERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    His show ideas are good but hes a ****ing tool, he doesn't know **** about cars, and all the sudden he's a die hard Mopar fan apparently, he makes a fool of himself on every episode, he should stick to producing and find a real host that knows something about racing and car/bikes so he can stop screwing people out of their rides with his bs "I'm going to award this person the race if you don't agree to what I think is a fair race" when in reality he doesn't know what a fair race is, if he ever said that to me I would knock him out on the spot.
    1) He knows more about cars than Oprah.
    2) I hate T.V.
    3) I'd rather watch PINKS, Superbikes, Pass Time etc than Oprah (altho I've never watched more than 10 seconds of Oprah)
    4) He has enough consultants, Live on the show that make up for what you consider his drag car racing 'ignorance', and he'll always ask someone that does know.
    5) Personally, I think Nate and his brother are "tools", but I've never met either of them.
    6) I agree that many of 'his' rules are stupid - however both entrants take the plundge, fully aware, and have read all the disclosures, prior to putting their "Pink Slips" on the line.
    7) Making a fool of himself on "every episode" could simply be edited out - they choose not to - ever wonder why?
    E8ht) When he let the GSX-R 1K get away from him - do you really think they needed to leave that in TV program - and the short bit with him in the 'road hospital' getting bandaid put on his arm? Easy to edit out, too easy.
    9) If he actually gave a race away, after his 'tough guy' talk, I must have missed that episode. I've seen most, and only heard him make threats.
    10) Arm dropping, and staging without lights is just wrong, but again, those that choose to put up their slips don't have a gun to their head.
    11) The best show Speed Net ever had was dropped, (IMO) 2 wheel Tuesday. I used to make sure I had no plans when it came on.
    12) If he were to get a "real host", I think he'd have to search in the Drag Racing spectrum.
    13) Would Don Garlits work for what Rich C is making? How about Darrel Gwynn? (he was the 1st guy that came to my mind when I first watched the show, due to Rich C's lack of experience) Maybe he could get John Force, or his daughter for a couple million an episode? Too bad Howard Kosell isn't still around - he'd do a good job.
    14) Rich C's productions are all about making money - low budget - decent programming (IMO) and nobody loses an eye.
    15) I'm gonna watch Pinks now....LOL.

I hope I'm not on a road trip when they hit Cayuga this year. Missed it in '08, and yes, I wanna make a pass or 2, even with that rediculous arm drop bull ****.

I actually spent time speaking with Rich at tmp last year as i was one of the people who raced my bike.Hes not a bad guy and HE DOES know alot about cars now although he openly admits he didnt know much in the begining..It was just a passion of his and he took it as an opportunity to make it more of a family event and i think he did an AWESOME job!! The turn out at tmp last yr was outstanding and EVERYONE got along and had a blast!! Win or lose what an expierance.
    Although when i asked him..."So rich do u feel you were outperformed by the GSXR? He really didnt like that..lol..and told me he broke his wrist in that ordeal..so a band aid may be what he recieved on teh show but after wards it was a cast!

Ill be there again this year..was a blast!

Although not as good as a track day there!!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Although when i asked him..."So rich do u feel you were outperformed by the GSXR? He really didnt like that..lol..and told me he broke his wrist in that ordeal..so a band aid may be what he recieved on teh show but after wards it was a cast!
    that's funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by banned it View Post
    Never.
    If there's 5 bikes (or any odd number) one of them will be making a solo pass.
    WRONG...

i made final 8 in last years event on my zx12,,,i raced a car every race except one...best time at the track in a long time,and was PACKED...great event
    1973 KAWASAKI S1 250 TRIPLE
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    WRONG...

i made final 8 in last years event on my zx12,,,i raced a car every race except one...best time at the track in a long time,and was PACKED...great event
    Congrats on the final 8!! I wanted to be there sooo bad. (we left for the Gap the day it started)
    What sent you home?
    Are you registered for this yr?

I've been going to test & tune since they started it back up. 5.0L and bikes.
    I used to race there before they closed the place. I've never seen a bike and car go at the same time.
    We even begged the dudes at the Xmas tree - my buddies Buick, and one of my old bikes ran identical times - we wanted to go heads up - didn't happen.
    I REALLY hope I'm in town this year when it's on.

Congrats on the final 8!! I wanted to be there sooo bad. (we left for the Gap the day it started)
    What sent you home?
    Are you registered for this yr?

I've been going to test & tune since they started it back up. 5.0L and bikes.
    I used to race there before they closed the place. I've never seen a bike and car go at the same time.
    We even begged the dudes at the Xmas tree - my buddies Buick, and one of my old bikes ran identical times - we wanted to go heads up - didn't happen.
    I REALLY hope I'm in town this year when it's on.

this is the ONLY event ive ever seen bikes against cars....

the guy who one put me out...we double broke out,but i passed him at the line...oh well...

i will be there again with a group of bikes this year
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

That Rich idiot may know something about cars but he knows squat about drag racing.

They advertise that shoot out with a 11.3 cut off. It was 11.8 or 11.9 by the time we started racing.
    They advertise "Fastest car take all" purse... then told the fastest 10 cars to put them on the trailer.
    What is with that MAGIC dialin? That's what got us. Still haven't figured that one out.

It might make for good television but it makes for lousy racing,
    We'll be there again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    so it was lousy racing, but your going back?

must of not been that lousy

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    That Rich idiot may know something about cars but he knows squat about drag racing.

They advertise that shoot out with a 11.3 cut off. It was 11.8 or 11.9 by the time we started racing.
    They advertise "Fastest car take all" purse... then told the fastest 10 cars to put them on the trailer.
    What is with that MAGIC dialin? That's what got us. Still haven't figured that one out.

where did you see fastest car takes purse??? we had a 7.70 streetbike we would have brought...it was NOT advertised like that...

if it was so bad,why go back then?????????????
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

the majic dial in,made the racing equal...did you not understand the concept of the whole thing????
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

tech3002

Quote Originally Posted by TMPracing View Post
    SPECTATOR TICKETS

RACER REGISTRATION

Also, you can alway buy them over the phone. 1-866-824-RACE
    Sup girl........vinnie...

Quote Originally Posted by tech3002 View Post
    Sup girl........vinnie...
    Hey Vinnie

Looking forward to seeing lots of you at the track this summer you gonna race in this?

Banned

How's this for a drag bike hehe!! Ontario's own Geoff Pollard!!
    with Canada's Fastest Top Fuel Bike

Yes, it has 2 wheels. Is it just me or does this "bike" look more like a car. This seems to loose the appeal when the product does not resemble a stock bike.

Banned

uhm WTF is up with the bike riding skills...reving the motor and dropping the clutch with high rpm's while trying to turn the bike...hmm how will that turn out. I was looking for oil patch or something to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you watch the video and listen to the motor...

He got lucky, he could have been hurt badly. Pretty STUPID of him appearing on a family show (his show) and to be on a bike with no head protection.

I bame the GSXR. Let's send McGuinty and Cam Wooley and Fantino a request to ban Suzuki GSXR bikes from tracks because they are dangerous items.

Banned

Never.
    If there's 5 bikes (or any odd number) one of them will be making a solo pass.
    BIKES, SLEDS AND CARS all run each other at this event.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo cruz View Post
    BIKES, SLEDS AND CARS all run each other at this event.
    Bikes, sleds and shifter karts will race in a separate class, not against cars.
    Last edited by TMPracing; 02-17-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Bikes, sleds and shifter karts will race in a separate class, not against cars.
    WE ALL RACED TOGETHER LAST YEAR.... why is it being changed now..??????

is the event not like last years now vanessa????

at some point,a bike will have to race a car...

there was what 10 bikes and 480 cars last year...?????
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

Banned

Talking Re: Calling All DRAG RACERS!!

+1 Mike,

Vanessa, Whats the format going to be..........

If 1 bike is remaining and 1 car then what????

hhhmmmmm..............

The event format has changed form last year. for 2009 it will be run EXACTLY like PINKS ALL OUT.

You can get more info on the program from the Armdrop Live website