Hey all! - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey all!

Re: Hey all!

welcome GSXRchick! Good luck with your course!

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRchick View Post
    hey beast, i'm going to the North York location
    Hey, well if your course is the first week of april....i guess i'll see you there hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by R1girl View Post
    welcome GSXRchick! Good luck with your course!
    thank you R1girl! R1 eh..intense!

good to know i'll see you at the course flashmonkey! It's nice to know somebody from here will be there also!!

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    On gtam, if you post a pic, you can save up to 15% on insurance. Its just one click away!
    LOL HAHAHA

Welcome to the sport! Arent we all waiting on spring, and the groundhog had to see his shadow...
    "ride to your full potential or why ride at all!'

04 R6 (sold)
    07 R6

Quote Originally Posted by shicksr6 View Post
    LOL HAHAHA

Welcome to the sport! Arent we all waiting on spring, and the groundhog had to see his shadow...
    thank you!!! I hope spring comes earlyyyyyy. I don't believe in the groundhog lollllll jks. i Just want spring to come ASAP

well last year the ground hog said spring was coming and it didnt so...maybe he'll be wrong again
    "ride to your full potential or why ride at all!'

04 R6 (sold)
    07 R6

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Anyone know any good ground hog recipes? If I see any ground hogs in front of me this year, while riding in that area...I won't be swerving to avoid.

Hey harley, i appreciate your concern! I know how dangerous ANY bike can be. But no worries. I am not some irresponsible teenager who wants to rip it on the roads :P I am mature enough to know that a 600cc bike is not a a toy that should be reckoned with. I also know myself as a person and how aware I am of whats happening on the roads. I drive 8 hours a day for my job so I do know how many idiotic drivers there are. Even though I am only 21 I have tons of experience driving and have never got any tickets or gotten into accident. Heck I have avoided a ******** of accidents nearly caused by meatheads on the roads :P

Trust me, I am more concerned about my safety than you are and plan to be VERY defensive on the roads. Also, I plan to practice lots before I even go out on busy streets!
    One thing you sure dont want to do is get in an accident on your bike!!!!!
    Did you call about insurance, i figured that woul dbe a deterant right there for getting a SS so young.

Quote Originally Posted by de jager View Post
    anyone know any good ground hog recipes? If i see any ground hogs in front of me this year, while riding in that area...i won't be swerving to avoid.
    lmao

Hey gcrouse, I have checked out the insurance rates for the gixxer. It's a little more than $1800 for full coverage.
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How so cheap my god thats a great rate !!!!! Guess i should have read thru all the posts but didnt, so disregard my previous comment

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How so cheap my god thats a great rate !!!!! Guess i should have read thru all the posts but didnt, so disregard my previous comment
    haha way to go gcrouse!!! Of course I looked up the insurance rates silly

LOL my intro thread only lasted like 2 pages. Maybe its cuz ur a girl.

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Maybe because it's not only that she's a lady but also that she's young and seems to have a head on her shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    yeah, FM... it's a GTAM tradition!

Hello GSXRChick...

I know you've probably made up your mind already, but I have to try and say something anyways.

When you go to the course, please be aware of how you feel on their bikes. Watch your reactions to each thing you're learning and how everything feels. Once you're done, try to re-evaluate whether you really want an SS right now, or whether it can wait until after your first season.

I believe you when you say you're a responsible driver and have defensive driving experience. But riding an SS has nothing to do with responsibility when you're a beginner; it's the accident or mistake that will be the problem.

Plus... your focus on being responsible enough to control the machine will take away from the joy and innocence of learning.

Again... just try to keep an open mind while you're at the course.

Oh yeah... welcome to the board. As you can see, the biking community is a great group.
    Last edited by x86ect; 02-27-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Hey Gixrchick
    Not sure why you want to get the gixxer as your first bike. It's good that you're some one who feels your head is on straight and you have self control, but that's only a part of the equation. You're a new rider and you will make mistakes, it's a part of the learning process. You can be the safest minded person out there and drive as defensively as you can but some other retard can still put you in a situation where your lack of experience and the nature of a SUPER SPORT will not work in your favor. You'll learn to ride good faster on a smaller bike and if you do make any mistakes they won't be magnified by the bike's abilities.

I personally think that being safe, and having a better learning experience would take priority over looking cool and picking up guys or what ever reasoning any one could have for getting an ss as a first bike. It's not like there's a life time quota of how many bikes you can purchase.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Don't listen to these guys, they don't care about your safety one bit!!!

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

Forget the 600, get a GSXR Hayabusa 1300.

To start: squeeze clutch in all the way, with right hand rev gas until rev limiter is at max (to warm up the engine), then let go of the clutch suddenly!!!

Make sure to do it in front of the most expensive car in the lot!

LOL... joking joking.

Don't start with a 600, blah blah, you probably won't listen anyways, just remember, those bikes are built for the track, and would be competitive right out the box!

As long as you know what you're getting yourself into, then go for it!

You buying new? If so, don't mention it's your first bike or they might not sell it to you.

Ride safe!

gsxrchick ive been thinking alot about you i mean about your post and heres a question.... i don't think has been raised. How comfortable do you want to be while riding? Plan on doing any "trips" afar? Gixxer's arent the most comfortable way to go thats for sure. If you want to just cruise around and take short trips then fine .....Just my 2 cents again
    oh oh here come the dudes that have travelled across canada on their gixxers

Maybe this girl is a better rider then you boys and can handle the 600ss with confidence