Knox Aegis Back Protector ($165.85) - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Knox Aegis Back Protector ($165.85)

Re: Knox Aegis Back Protector ($165.85)

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post
    I wonder if the one that Knox submitted for level 2 testing was made in china too.
    I was wondering about that too...
    2002 Suzuki SV650S

hell even the pool cue I bought yesterday was made in chine and was still worth 240$ (108 $ paied mr billards has/had a big sale no tax and 50% off ad cue had price of 216 on it lol website its 240 )

But the back protector realy dose look liek it can take a beatng to be honest. my main concern is the adjustable position for waste straps is adjusted on rather small rarbs of plastic snap one off and well ya that sucks, would have liekd to see atleast 2 connectoras used at a time. I had no concerns at all about qualiaty it looks good to me. I am more itnerested to know why they changed the method of attaching the chest protector to the back protector as the odl method looks SO MUCH BETTER.
    Last edited by GT_Hawk; 03-09-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Further information on the Aegis. Knox England spent a large amount of money developing and testing this product in England. The fact that they have a manufacturing plant in China doesn't take away from its safety standards or build quality that is applied to all their products as long as quality is overseen and inspected consistantly. For those concerned with build quality pass on your comments to sales@planet-knox.com. I'd love to know what you are refering to also. The materials used in this generation of back protectors are really designed for impact protection, comfort and flexibilty in mind. Just because its flexible it doesn't mean there is a build quality concern or it doesn't provide adequate protection. Cheers.

The AEGIS back protector is the result of an intensive 12 month R & D programme and represents a new thoughtful approach to back protection that really addresses the needs of real riders.
    The new Aegis is 30% lighter and also a more refined shape and thickness than the previous Ricochet.
    A system of flex channels allow it to sculpt around the back, making it more comfortable to wear under tight outer riding apparel.
    The new Aegis is completely breathable with a superior air venting system for maximum air flow to keep riders cool.
    The spine section articulates freely, moving with the rider but at the same time ensuring maximum protection is maintained in all positions.
    A multi position waist strap system gives precision fitting. It ensures that the rider can fix the back protector in the correct position so it does not move upwards during use.
    A new integral shoulder strap slider system allows the straps to adjust automatically to the correct position during use. Ensures a personalised comfortable fit at all times.
    A fully adjustable and removable kidney section in soft PU gives added performance in this sensitive area.
    Independently tested and approves to EN1621-2 Level 2, which is the highest rating possible under current EU testing regulations, so the wearer can have complete confidence.
    Last edited by topendz; 03-09-2009 at 01:08 PM.

My berik 1 piece suit was made in China as well. So was my mac. Not surprised the aegis is Made in China as well.
    Last edited by 150dpi; 03-09-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    ah, insert ...
    you missed a good one on allen road last summer .. scorching hot humid day/evening .. live tunes on the patio entertaining the throngs . lots of bikes and half-nekkid chicks circulatin' amongst the assembled collection of motoring mayhem in the parking lot ... zero police presence required as it was mostly orderly.
    Its no fun until the batons and pepperspray breaks out.

sweet. mine came in earlier today, just as i was leaving to go to class. so i ended up late for class, jsut because i had to try it on.

after adjusting it, its pretty damn light and comfortable. it doesn't restrict movements and its very low profile. and its pretty big, covering a large portion of my back. seems pretty good.

Thanks, topendz and frekeguy.

i shall update this post with a review of how well it works as soon as i get in an accident where my back takes some serious impact.

Quote Originally Posted by insert View Post
    sweet. mine came in earlier today, just as i was leaving to go to class. so i ended up late for class, jsut because i had to try it on.

after adjusting it, its pretty damn light and comfortable. it doesn't restrict movements and its very low profile. and its pretty big, covering a large portion of my back. seems pretty good.

Thanks, topendz and frekeguy.

i shall update this post with a review of how well it works as soon as i get in an accident where my back takes some serious impact.
    lol dont be too excited to wipe out haha...
    i havent been able to take the thing off, sooooooo comfy!
    been wearing it while playing xbox,walking around the house, just incase...haha
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by djbordie View Post
    l
    been wearing it while playing xbox

Ya those crashes in GTA can be real dangerous, tell me u also ware a helmet as well doing that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 150dpi View Post
    My berik 1 piece suit was made in China as well. So was my mac. Not surprised the aegis is Made in China as well.
    +1

and so is 98% of the key board and mouse people are using to type and scroll on this forum!

actually my keyboard says "made in China (B)" see China (B) is completely different from China or hell even China (A). yeash man telling me my kayboard was made in basic china yeash

Ok so I am having fun but the keyboard dose actulay say "Made in China (B)" winder what that means lol hell my mouse saud China (E) might be a Reagen or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by djbordie View Post
    playing xbox,walking around the house, just incase...haha
    +1.

anyone want to trade a regular 8 plate for 8 plate race?

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    +1.

anyone want to trade a regular 8 plate for 8 plate race?
    you have the race? or you are looking to get the race?
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    you have the race? or you are looking to get the race?
    I got the regular, I think I want to upgrade to the race.....

im 5'11....the reg just seems a bit short....im all the way at the bottom for the adjustment...

Ooh didnt know you was doing this Simon...... Nice work!
    Guys knox is excellent gear! Id also suggest buying the armor replacement for your jackets elbows and shoulders as well. Simon also carries those.
    Dem man nah realize de way I do de technology way don't I identify dey oola dem idiot sound bwoy already ya nah rude bwoy

freemountain

Ugh...so nice outside, and here I am sitting by the front door waiting...Everyone talking about having theirs is making me drool. Has anyone put these to the test yet?

Quote Originally Posted by freemountain View Post
    Ugh...so nice outside, and here I am sitting by the front door waiting...Everyone talking about having theirs is making me drool. Has anyone put these to the test yet?
    TEST? gone down in them?

DJbordie and myself have ridden in them...they feel comfy..

it has saved my life already, bumped into a door casing, scared the crap out of me but the protector saved my life but to be honest feels great, when its on you don't feel any waight but to pick it up it feels heavy.

Tim_Horton

Thumbs up Re: Knox Aegis Back Protector ($165.85)

Simon came thru with flying colours

I shipped it out on Monday, and today (Wed) at 10:am it's at my door.

A class act all the way.

Thanks topendz !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Horton View Post
    I just did a 100km journey and picked it up. It was worth the trip. mystifier is a great guy and was right on time.

The chest protector is a small, so I have to hunt down Simon and see what we can do about trading up to a large, to fit the winter beer belly.

It was definitely a right decision to go with Knox Aegis.

Thanks mystifier

Tim_Horton

freemountain

Talking Re: Knox Aegis Back Protector ($165.85)

Got it!!! Awesome, Thanks to Frekeyguy and Topendz for this. Anyone know where can I find technical testing results? The pamphlet shows energy transmission results for contour, ricochet, etc, but no aegis, where can I find this?

Tim_Horton

Quote Originally Posted by insert View Post

Almost blew my drink out my nose on this one!