Suzuki is in!

Thread: Suzuki is in!

Suzuki is in!

This just in from Suzuki:

American Suzuki Announces its Support for Road Racing in 2009

BREA, Calif. (Jan. 26, 2009) - American Suzuki Motor Corporation announced today that the Rockstar Makita Suzuki Racing team will compete in the AMA Pro Racing Superbike series for 2009. After extensive discussions with AMA Pro Racing, American Suzuki has received clarification of the AMA rules that will see the Suzuki GSX-R1000 sportbike on the racing grid beginning with the opening round in Daytona, Fla., in March.

Road racing is an important activity for Suzuki at the professional and amateur levels. The manufacturer uses it as much for testing and development as for sales and marketing. Its championship winning heritage and class-leading sales prove that this competitive activity is beneficial for Suzuki as well.

Mat Mladin, six-time AMA Superbike Champion, will race his No. 7 Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the premier AMA Pro American Superbike class for Team Rockstar Makita Suzuki. Tommy Hayden will race his No. 22 Rockstar Makita Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the same class. New team member Blake Young will round out the three-man Rockstar Makita Suzuki team in the AMA Pro American Superbike class.

ENDS

Re: Suzuki is in!

So we have 2 factories in (Yamaha and Suzuki) and 2 just supporting teams. but not all in the same class.

I can't wait for the WSBK season to start. March 1st!!!!!

Honda and Kawasaki got stood up by the ringleader.

"Hey, weren't we supposed to be boycotting the series?"

*I know I can't be the only one who'd like to see Yates win the title*
    Last edited by franz131; 01-27-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Kicking knowledge
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Franz... Where did you get that pic of Szoke. Looks sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    From superbikeplanet.com a few years ago.

Give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna

If you are willing to provide a bottomless pit of corona, that bike is available to be Ridden.

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Honda and Kawasaki got stood up by the ringleader.

"Hey, weren't we supposed to be boycotting the series?"

*I know I can't be the only one who'd like to see Yates win the title*
    I too was hoping for Yates.

What is the preimier class now ??? Superbikes what??
    I can't keep track of the mess the DMG has made of the series!

The good news is WSBK is going to be AWESOME this year!! Go Spies I mean Haga I mean Spies I mean Haga I mean Spies Heck I can't make my mind up but who ever wins it's going to be good!!

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    The good news is WSBK is going to be AWESOME this year!! Go Spies I mean Haga I mean Spies I mean Haga I mean Spies Heck I can't make my mind up but who ever wins it's going to be good!!
    Expand your horizons, consider:

Biaggi
    Checa
    Neukirchner

Wouldn't it be nice to see Biaggi win on a big bike.

the gsxr is a ....little bike?
    JUST RIDE IT.

It is kinda funny, the next week after Honda says for sure we're not racing AMA and Kawasaki does the same for Superbike.... Suzuki all the sudden jumps in. Although in fairness Blake Young seemed to get a contract earlier.

Well we'll see how it goes. I'd love to see some of the privateers win, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. On the bright side, with the winning being what they are... I would expect to see a strong Canadian field during the AMA races.

Quote Originally Posted by sub4 View Post
    the gsxr is a ....little bike?
    No, it's just that Biaggi hasn't won a title since 250GP.

my apologies. thought you meant race win ,not title. i'm a biaggi fan too. (one of the few remaining,lol) not just cause of his riding. he's unbeatable one round, mid-pack the next. seems he can't win on sub-par machinery or set-up, like rossi can. and he's not afraid to mix it up with rossi. sorry,WASNT. he's got a colourful personality. likes his supermodels,beauty queens.good athlete apart from motorcycles too.he's not afraid to speak his mind.(and burn bridges) for example,look at the difference in how he spoke after this past weekends wsbk test. he said it sucked. nakano kissed aprillia ***. some love him, some hate him. at least he's not boring (like the spanish smurf or the gay pianist)
    JUST RIDE IT.

or the gay pianist)
    TOSELAND IS GAY?????!!!!

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!

My gaydar skills are feeble, I had no clue.

......like the spanish smurf or the gay pianist...
    LMAO!!! So if Pedrosa is the Spanish Smurf and Toesland is the gay pianist.... what are Hopper and Elias?

motogpnews.com has an alternative take on the racing scene. unfortunately they have toned it down a bit and started charging $. they refer to elias (and other spanish riders) as a "donkey-chucker". google what spaniards like to do with their donkeys. and they like to point out how hopper plucks his eyebrows,wears make-up and tucks his huge ears under his hat.
    Last edited by sub4; 01-28-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    JUST RIDE IT.

Ya those guys were pretty funny I remember reading a few of their articles quite some time ago and they referred to Elias as Fat Tony and Edwards as the Texas Tomato.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    If you are willing to provide a bottomless pit of corona, that bike is available to be Ridden.
    Exactly how bottomless is bottomless.... Like Just you bottomless pit, or 5 or more men bottomless pit?

Ya got me interested. PM me if more appropriate.

-Scotty

Exactly how bottomless is bottomless.... Like Just you bottomless pit, or 5 or more men bottomless pit?
    -Scotty
    Like 1 guy, but with highly developed skills (think Rossi)

1 dude? Thats like 2 cases in an evening. If its an all day venture, add 1 case.