impakteck vs tygershark for F4easy...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: impakteck vs tygershark for F4easy...

impakteck vs tygershark for F4easy...

im orderin next week and i cant decide, everyone ravin about tygershark but i dont trust that design. it looks flawed to me, the impackteck one looks like a beast but if you look closer the tubing looks thinwalled, and theres no vids or pics of crashes.

so i dunno what do you guys think???
    Need something welded? Mild or Stainless Steel and Aluminium. PM me for quotes!

Re: impakteck vs tygershark for F4easy...

I'll take the only cage with a lifetime warrenty, theres a reason why they are the only ones that offer that...And I will never buy another cage made out of hollow tubing, thats were the flaws lie IMO....Although Ive read that impacktech is very good, he has not sold nearly as many cages as TS. And again the warrenty and the fact Im going on 3 seasons now with the same TS cage, make the decision simple for me...

Oh and anther big factor (for me) is you dont ever smash your shins with a TS, and Im not going to wear ****ing shin pads becasuse my cage hits my shins...I'd rather have a cage that just doenst even get in the way.......

Most people I know are going to feel the same, we all have TS now

Oh an since this is for an F4i, I dont think you can go wrong with either....As almost all cages work really well on F4is....They are so small and compact because of the motor mounts being so close, they are all very strong compared to cages that are made of longer pieces of tube...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-23-2009 at 08:25 AM.

are there any problems with the f4i version though? like when nipper crashed at my spot and broke his clutch cover! wtf is that? cage that doesnt protect?!?!

thats why im not so sure about tygershark! sure i think thats the only case (05/06 636), but that just tells me that they make one design and just slap fit it to every bike without testing it.

so if i knew somone with that cage on a f4i and HAS crashed it hard 20times over with no probs, then id buy it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    are there any problems with the f4i version though? like when nipper crashed at my spot and broke his clutch cover! wtf is that? cage that doesnt protect?!?!

thats why im not so sure about tygershark! sure i think thats the only case (05/06 636), but that just tells me that they make one design and just slap fit it to every bike without testing it.

so if i knew somone with that cage on a f4i and HAS crashed it hard 20times over with no probs, then id buy it for sure.
    Sorry I dont know anyone that has one on and F4i besides Nina.....Ive said all I can say about it, and Ive seen many other cage brands break stator covers. So it sounds like youve already made your choice as you dont like the TS. I could go on and on about how the spring loaded sliders are better then any other cage, or how the fact you dont have to drill any holes in your bodywork, or how they dont bottom out while drifting....Those still wont get you to look past the fact any bike will be better with an aftermarket case cover no matter the cage brand your using...

When any cage starts to shift after lots of drops it will hit your stator, if you have a stock one it will break if you have an aftermarket one it wont and you can keep going for 3 seasons on the same cage just like me..Or you can install the new cross bar they give you, and then you shouldnt ever need a case cover.....

People I know buy TS cages because they see what I have put my bike through, and they see that I am never working on my bike at the spot just riding it...I dont even bring tools with me......Other people with crap cages are constantly working on their bikes, and something is breaking all the time....

Theres not much else I can say, but when you come out to the spot next time you will see that %90 of use are all using the TS's.....If you go to the states you will see that alot of people are using TS, then when you go to europe you will again see that alot of people are using the TS's....Are we all stupid? Or did we just buy one of the best cages on the market?

Found a video for you, TS on F4i...Dude said she did this 10-15 times and never broke a case cover...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSJHRDHdu-U

And here an SI on F4i, this guy says his SI bent and he had to straighten it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

SI is still the most popular cage on the market right now

i guess i can just modify the tygershark to make a custom 3 point version, now THAT would be bulletproof!

thanks for the help man!

i hate si! ill never buy their product again! after my engine mounts broke on my 900rr with only ONE crash to its name, then i called to complain, and they didnt care. then they blamed me since i installed it and i didnt get a proshop to do the install!!! wtf!!!

LOL! was that a chick crashin??? flailing arms like its gonna make the bike stop spinning! LOL

i guess i can just modify the tygershark to make a custom 3 point version, now THAT would be bulletproof!

thanks for the help man!
    I guess you didnt see where I said the last 3 cages Ive orderd from TS came with a new 3 point design?

They now give you a cross bar that connects both sides, there are tabs welded onto the cage for this cross bar that bolts on both sides...It comes with it but its an option if you want to install it or not....

These were all 636 cages though, so Id ask if the F4i ones come like that now too?

i hate si! ill never buy their product again! after my engine mounts broke on my 900rr with only ONE crash to its name, then i called to complain, and they didnt care. then they blamed me since i installed it and i didnt get a proshop to do the install!!! wtf!!!
    Im not a fan either, and more because of their customer service....They screwed me somehow every time weve ordered from them....The 636 round bar is a POS thou, the whole purpose around the design is so it comes through the hole for the tail light so you dont have to cut anything...We bought one and there is no way your going to get it to fit with the tail section and undertail without having to cut something...It doesnt even fit, you have to make it fit...

And its weird cause all the guys in the US and on SL rave about them, so I guess they just treat Canadian customers like ****? No I think it has more to do with the fact most people that big them up on SL, are friends with them not just regular customers...

Heres a pic of the new cross bar on a 636 cage

by 3point i meant a hybrid of the impacktech and tygershark designs. to eliminate any leverage to bend/break bolts and/or mounting points.

that crossbar does make it stronger but my point is that there is leverage from the distance between the impact point and securing points.

either way ill probably modify anything i get to make it better

If you mod it though lifetime warranty is more than likely gonezo.

by 3point i meant a hybrid of the impacktech and tygershark designs. to eliminate any leverage to bend/break bolts and/or mounting points.

that crossbar does make it stronger but my point is that there is leverage from the distance between the impact point and securing points.

either way ill probably modify anything i get to make it better
    You have to understand that the TS is a totally different design then any cage made of hollow tubing....Its rigid and you can tell just by handling it....Like I said going on 3 season how and mine has not bent out of shape at all...It mounts just like it does the day I bought it....The part the allows it to bend in and hit stator covers is the aluminum spacers that go between the frame and the cage, they get warped out of shape and need to be replaced every so often...But there is no way around that, cause if I use steel then its the frame that will get warped...

All these cages needed to be perfect was that cross bar....With it I dont see how you could make it any better, or need any better....

Get the one you prefer the most as you can see you not going to win the cage battle lol we all run Tyger shark's so either be a part of the movement or go over to the dark side ...

i guess you didnt read the posts ***, im already convinced to get one.
    Last edited by corpse; 01-23-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    If you mod it though lifetime warranty is more than likely gonezo.
    thats obvious!

and thanks for the tow!

The thing I would like to know, is why you havent tried to make your own yet?

need a pipe bender! and how do i make the angled cuts on round bar??? if i had those tools i would!
    Last edited by corpse; 01-23-2009 at 07:27 PM.