ETQ IN1800i generator any good? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ETQ IN1800i generator any good?

Banned

Re: ETQ IN1800i generator any good?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveP
    Show me the proff that global warming is hapening, then and only then will I beleive in this political movement. Don't get me wrong their is nothing wrong with practicing the 3 R's, however the fact remains your making statements with no credible scientific facts backing you.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Politics or not, your off your noggin if you don't think that there is scientific evidence (and scientific consensus) to back up global warming. The scientists have been saying it LONG before the politicians.
    Hey DaveP,

What if you are wrong? Then what...too late...the whole is too deep and you lost.

Now what if we are wrong, then what...the land,air,water is cleaner and we learned to manage our consumption better...life goes on, all is well.

Oh when will silly humans learn, NATURE ALWAYS WINS EVERY SINGLE TIME. The complete product we call a car is not a natural product nor is what comes out of it.

btw- As my pilot friend told me. If you guys only knew what our commercial planes are dumping in the air...I don't see too much focus on those gas burners.

Like I said "Don't get me wrong their is nothing wrong with practicing the 3 R's" - Recycle, Reduce, Reuse it's all a use! I just don't believe in doing things out of fear, we'd be much better off educating the greater public on what they can do. Plus the primary cause of pollution are factories, we should start by setting reduction goals.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiZuki View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveP
    Show me the proff that global warming is hapening, then and only then will I beleive in this political movement. Don't get me wrong their is nothing wrong with practicing the 3 R's, however the fact remains your making statements with no credible scientific facts backing you.

Hey DaveP,

What if you are wrong? Then what...too late...the whole is too deep and you lost.

Now what if we are wrong, then what...the land,air,water is cleaner and we learned to manage our consumption better...life goes on, all is well.

Oh when will silly humans learn, NATURE ALWAYS WINS EVERY SINGLE TIME. The complete product we call a car is not a natural product nor is what comes out of it.

btw- As my pilot friend told me. If you guys only knew what our commercial planes are dumping in the air...I don't see too much focus on those gas burners.
    SOAR Novice #113

The whole food argument is pure BS. WE DUMP food down the drain everyday. LOOK at all the leftovers and spoilage from grocery stores alone. The Wheat farmers out west DUMP grain into the garbage to control the prices. How much OVER fishing occurs on the planet. Those massive trawling boats. Do you see how much seafood we DUMP.

The food supply is easily fixable. Grow and use what you need. If you are dumping then you have a problem. Try to grow and buy local.

Who is telling you about the food shortage...Monsantos and the other giant food conglomerates who control the GLOBAL food pricing now???
    I am guessing this part is a response to me.

I clearly stated in my last post that it was a report released by the UN. So no, not the giant food conglomorates who control the GLOBAL food pricing now. Is that clear enough for you?

Two concurrent years of poor harvests have severely depleted the worlds supply of wheat. They aren't and weren't dumping any of it into the garbage. The world population is growing faster than it ever has. I don't remember the actual numbers presented in the article but their predictions were based on the current amount of available agricultural land and the consumption of an extrapolated world population. There have been food shortages around the world in the last few years, what happens in another 40 years when the world population increases by another 40%?

Do you have any proof to substantiate this crop dumping? I also don't throw out very much spoiled food, I don't like wasting money so i generally don't buy things i know i won't eat before they spoil. Do you have any numbers or statistics to substantiate your fish dumping claim as well? Nothing you wrote really discredits the claims that the worlds food production capacity will not be able to meet the populations demand.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I am guessing this part is a response to me.

I clearly stated in my last post that it was a report released by the UN. So no, not the giant food conglomerates who control the GLOBAL food pricing now. Is that clear enough for you?

Two concurrent years of poor harvests have severely depleted the worlds supply of wheat. They aren't and weren't dumping any of it into the garbage. The world population is growing faster than it ever has. I don't remember the actual numbers presented in the article but their predictions were based on the current amount of available agricultural land and the consumption of an extrapolated world population. There have been food shortages around the world in the last few years, what happens in another 40 years when the world population increases by another 40%?

Do you have any proof to substantiate this crop dumping? I also don't throw out very much spoiled food, I don't like wasting money so i generally don't buy things i know i won't eat before they spoil. Do you have any numbers or statistics to substantiate your fish dumping claim as well? Nothing you wrote really discredits the claims that the worlds food production capacity will not be able to meet the populations demand.
    Just to add to this: There is no way in hell were gonna run out of food, were just gonna have to focus on getting more from our current fields and establishing new ones, not to mention more greenhouses. If I remember correctly the UN had some stats showing that outside of Europe and N. America, the technology used on farms is 30 or so years behind. All we have to do is bring them up to speed, reason this hasen't been done is simply theirs is currently no need and price fixing.
    SOAR Novice #113

Politics or not, your off your noggin if you don't think that there is scientific evidence (and scientific consensus) to back up global warming. The scientists have been saying it LONG before the politicians.
    You are assuming that the climate should be or EVER WAS static. Wrong. When I was 10 the world was cooling (yes, look it up, ...no not with your TV remote), when I was 25 it was heating up (pick any media outlet and tune in to the sensationalized entertainment crap we call "news"). Well now I'm 40 and guess what, it starting to cool again. Hear me now, believe me later, you'll see. C02 is not our worst enemy of buring fosil fuels. It's all the other polutants as others have stated.

So in short;
    polution is bad
    climate change is normal (not man made)
    the C02 scare is making some people rich, so be skeptical
    most media (ie: TV networks) are corrupt

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

WOW,, This thread went sideways,
    So I take it this generator is not the best quality ..

People talk the talk, but when it comes to making changes in their lives things are a little harder.. It's fashionable to be "green" these days.

My house uses zero fossil fuels. My primary heating source is Wood burned in 2 high efficiency EPA wood stoves. The carbon impact of wood heating is the same weither it it burned or allowed to rot on the forest floor.. As I clear areas of sick trees (Mostly Elm, Killed by Dutch Elm Disease ) The indigenous species (Maple) is transplanted from a overgrown area.

My backup heating source is electricity, Most homes in this area are supplied by the Shelburne Wind Farm.. My Area is recognized as one of the best areas in the province for wind generation. Their are proposals for many more wind turbines in the area.
    Yet at every public meeting it's the "Weekenders" from Toronto who have second houses in the area that area the most vocal protesters. If we had the tax incentives that areas of the US had, I'd put up a wind turbine and get totally off grid.

I have a garden that is almost 2 acres in size that we grow a lot of veggies, potatoes and other food on.. Not only does it taste better, It's a lot better for us because we don't use any chemicals and it cost a whole lot less.
    Last year we got 48 chicks in the spring and raised them naturally and grain fed them on a small field. When you look at what grocery stores charge for chicken these days, It's a huge savings. We're planning on getting a few hundred in the spring. We'll sell what we don't use.There's a huge demand for free range, grain fed,, drug free chicken.. Next year I'm planning on getting a few head of cattle and sheep..
    Last summer, out grocery bills for 4 people were only about $60 a week.

With these things do I consider myself "Green" No, They are things that just make good economic sense and we enjoy doing..

I understand these are not options for everyone.

Let's be honest with ourselves,, We ride motorcycles 1000s of KMs a year for pleasure. Mostly on unnecessary trips. A Lot of larger bikes get much worse fuel economy than small cars do. We ride bikes around racetracks,, Another totally unnecessary activity..

The impact of running a small generator a few hours a month isn't even on the radar in the greater scheme of things.

And since most people run DOT tires at track days,, Why even bother with warmers anyways.. Just take it easier the first couple of laps.

"Show me the proff that global warming is hapening, then and only then will I beleive in this political movement."

George Bush supporter ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    "Show me the proff that global warming is hapening, then and only then will I beleive in this political movement."

George Bush supporter ?

Or Student

Or Student
    Definitely not a GB supporter, but i'm a student for life. Might as well die if I think life has nothing to teach me.

Let's bring this back to the topic at hand, generators...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post

George Bush supporter ?

Al Gore supporter?

When scientific data stopped supporting the idea of global warming, those who supported the idea changed the buzz words to "climate change".

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Just to add to this: There is no way in hell were gonna run out of food, were just gonna have to focus on getting more from our current fields and establishing new ones, not to mention more greenhouses. If I remember correctly the UN had some stats showing that outside of Europe and N. America, the technology used on farms is 30 or so years behind. All we have to do is bring them up to speed, reason this hasen't been done is simply theirs is currently no need and price fixing.
    Rebuttal:

Even if yield per acre is increased and more green houses are built. There is still a world-population at which global food demand will meet/surpass global food production. All your suggested improvements will do is delay that event. There is a finite amount of agricultural land on earth, where exactly would you suggest establishing new agricultural land? Creating new agricultural land at the expense of oxygen producing vegetation is not a viable solution. Creating new agricultural land in mountainous regions is not viable due to the obvious logistical complications. In dry/arid regions the water supply is an issue, even with extensive irrigation systems the underground water supply may not support the areas water requirements. Regions that do not currently support any agriculture industry are unable to for legitimate reasons. If there's no need to update those farms using 30 year old technology, then how do you explain the world wide wheat shortages through 2007 and 2008?

When scientific data stopped supporting the idea of global warming, those who supported the idea changed the buzz words to "climate change".
    Actually that was changed by the Bush admin's envior flunkies. Global Warming was too scary for the reports (too negative impact) so on the advice of Frank Luntz (a so called word guru) the statements were changed to tame down the imagery.

Here: http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/denialmachine/

Same charachters that went to the aid of tobacco back in the day, paid WHORE's and far from real scientists.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

To all you trying to say that the media has swindled us on climate change, you are the ones that have fallen into the "nay sayer" trap. Guarenteed.

The shortage of wheat is simply just a cyclical matter, farmers decided to grow other crops. Just take Ontario for example; when the Chatham Corn Ethanol plant came online it caused a large change province wide. Those same fields were now no longer producing other goods like soy... It's all cyclical. Farmers often can't just flick a switch and the next year plant something else, proper crop rotation techniques have to take place and that takes time. Well were on the subject of Ontario, just take a look at our farms, the vast majority are low intensity family farms. These farms are simply being underutilized and could easily produce 3x more if the demand was there. There is currently zero need for more farms, we simply have to adjust their productivity, the market will do that on its own if left alone.

We have no food production problems, it's all about manipulating commodity prices, unfortunately that means the less well off simply can't afford some commodities.

Now back to generators already! For event's like SOAR would it not just be easier for all of us to pay 5-10$ for the weekend hook up to TMP's electrical grid? I think it makes perfect sense, it might mean a little electrical work up front but they could fairly quickly turn a profit. Same apply's to every other track...

Rebuttal:

Even if yield per acre is increased and more green houses are built. There is still a world-population at which global food demand will meet/surpass global food production. All your suggested improvements will do is delay that event. There is a finite amount of agricultural land on earth, where exactly would you suggest establishing new agricultural land? Creating new agricultural land at the expense of oxygen producing vegetation is not a viable solution. Creating new agricultural land in mountainous regions is not viable due to the obvious logistical complications. In dry/arid regions the water supply is an issue, even with extensive irrigation systems the underground water supply may not support the areas water requirements. Regions that do not currently support any agriculture industry are unable to for legitimate reasons. If there's no need to update those farms using 30 year old technology, then how do you explain the world wide wheat shortages through 2007 and 2008?
    SOAR Novice #113

Banned

To all you trying to say that the media has swindled us on climate change, you are the ones that have fallen into the "nay sayer" trap. Guarenteed.

What I find surprising about the naysayers is the fact they can't seem to grasp the idea, what if they are wrong?

If we are wrong, then things are just cleaner, no harm done but if they are wrong...too far in the hole.

I started my generator this morning at 10 and I just shut it off now. For no reason other than this thread made me want to do it. I feel much better now.
    life's not short, it's just that you're dead for so long
    www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Now back to generators already! For event's like SOAR would it not just be easier for all of us to pay 5-10$ for the weekend hook up to TMP's electrical grid? I think it makes perfect sense, it might mean a little electrical work up front but they could fairly quickly turn a profit. Same apply's to every other track...
    There aren't nearly enough outlets to accommodate all the racers. There's one outlet (two plugs) at the concession stand and another over by the drag strip grand stands. For those pitting farther to the north they have no access to hydro. Shannonville has a few big outlet boxes at the north end of the first two rows, TMP could set something up like this but its all more work that could be done. As it is we'll probably have to put up with some noisy generators.

Banned

There aren't nearly enough outlets to accommodate all the racers. There's one outlet (two plugs) at the concession stand and another over by the drag strip grand stands. For those pitting farther to the north they have no access to hydro. Shannonville has a few big outlet boxes at the north end of the first two rows, TMP could set something up like this but its all more work that could be done. As it is we'll probably have to put up with some noisy generators.

So this is part of my small point...these places could work together with riders/racers that are certified electricians to setup "warming" station or the likes. Give them free track time for payment or whatever. The point is as a group we should look to conserve and use our resources smarter.

Buy a Yamaha or Honda, everyone I've seen using the china stuff has been left high and dry.

You can get an EU2000i honda out of California(1000 oaks honda) for $599US and have it shipped just about anywhere for about $50.(www.hrcusa.com) you have to CALL, they don't sell them online for this price.

I know calling is a difficult and foreign concept to many here, but sometimes you've gotta do it.

They had a skid of them available the last time I was there.

So this is part of my small point...these places could work together with riders/racers that are certified electricians to setup "warming" station or the likes. Give them free track time for payment or whatever. The point is as a group we should look to conserve and use our resources smarter.
    That would be allot of juice. Lets average 1500w per racer, lets say 100 racers. Thats 150kw, running the better part of the day.

Same as having 100 hairdryers plugged in and running all day, that would be no small feet to install, configure and maintain correctly.