ETQ IN1800i generator any good? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ETQ IN1800i generator any good?

Re: ETQ IN1800i generator any good?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I'm never going to have kids so i figure that my carbon footprint ends with me. The easiest way to fix pollution is to have fewer people. I am doing my part! ahahaha
    amen. that is the only problem with the environment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Penny wise and pound foolish.

You worry about a tiny motor sipping 1 liter of gas per hour, not the 1 litre trackbike burning leaded race gas at 2 litres per lap? We burn gas for recreation, there's no sugar-coating it.

The use of gas was not the primary concern. I was also thinking of the air pollution that EVERYONE'S generators are spewing out.

I Already accounted for running the bikes, tires, your car travel etc...

My point is, where possible can we cut it down.

Your bike has 1 rider, you don't need to use race fuel on track days.

2. your car- well usually people travel in pairs or more...so that is a good use of resources.

A generator running almost endlessly all day just to warm up YOUR tires...seems a bit excessive for TRACK days...imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    We are getting a bit off topic from my OP, but for what it's worth, I for one am a sceptic about man made climate change (and I don't work for the oil companies).

Trouble is, there is a terrible imbalance in the debate right now. Check this out:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1326937617167558947&ei=_PR5SaaTLqDM-gGP3eS2BQ&q=climate+change+hoax&hl=en

...and there are many more.
    Really!

Let me ask you to think of this basic principle. The Earth has it's own system and manges itself based on it's system. WE come along and mix and create chemicals that IS NOT a part of Nature to begin with.

We live in a SEALED "box". So, now man starts dumping chemicals of all sorts into Nature's system. Where will it go? What do you think will happen. Something has to give. If I put you in your garage and locked you in for 1 week, provided food and water...magazines to read, a washroom. Now, let me stick a small garden hose in their with you and the other end connected to the car's exhaust. How long do you think you will last?

* feel free to make the hose diameter 1 cm in a regular 2 car indoor garage. How long do you think you will survive?

btw- Styrofoam does NOT degrade. You can burn it or bury it but it still lives on. We have the ability to fill up this planet with Styrofoam...we don't have the ability to dispose of it. Use that example for ALL of the other man made chemicals and products we dump into the air, land, water. Something HAS TO GIVE...that something...US.

Cancer rates are going UP and UP...hmmm what changed int he last 2 or 3 generations...crap in our food, crap in our air, and more crap in our water...do you see the something that has to give...your body was not built to suck in car exhausts or deal with complex chemicals in your water. Do you think breathing in all that smog in Summer and now Winter is "natural" for you?

Just maybe the cure for cancer...environmental.
    Last edited by KawiZuki; 01-23-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Penny wise and pound foolish.

You worry about a tiny motor sipping 1 liter of gas per hour, not the 1 litre trackbike burning leaded race gas at 2 litres per lap? We burn gas for recreation, there's no sugar-coating it.

with no pollution control on these they are horrible, and thats the problem. Not so much the carbon footprint but all those other nasty emisions. Just like lawnmowers, snowblowers......or those little mopeds/scooters most folks seem to have in india, china, probably a big reason for their smog in their big cities.
    Last edited by murf; 01-23-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiZuki View Post
    The use of gas was not the primary concern. I was also thinking of the air pollution that EVERYONE'S generators are spewing out.

I Already accounted for running the bikes, tires, your car travel etc...

My point is, where possible can we cut it down.

Your bike has 1 rider, you don't need to use race fuel on track days.

2. your car- well usually people travel in pairs or more...so that is a good use of resources.

A generator running almost endlessly all day just to warm up YOUR tires...seems a bit excessive for TRACK days...imo.
    I'd describe that as a fart in a windstorm.

I'm more than positive i'll run through more gas on my 1000cc bike in one trackday than another rider will who's using a 600cc bike and a generator.

I'll agree that tire warmers are not really required for trackdays, but i'd rebut that running a 2000W generator is an incremental change compared to the fuel consumption in just the bikes. Lots of things we do on bikes is not really required.

Kawizuki, if your such a treehugger, why do trackdays at all? Someone who burns dozens of litres of fuel riding around in circles and complaining about the use of generators is like an Escalade owner scolding a Hummer owner because his vehicle is bad for the evironment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoul Man View Post
    Kawizuki, if your such a treehugger, why do trackdays at all? Someone who burns dozens of litres of fuel riding around in circles and complaining about the use of generators is like an Escalade owner scolding a Hummer owner because his vehicle is bad for the evironment.
    How dare you bring logic into this discussion!!

I think the guy was asking about a generator, if you want one for years and years and years buy the Honda or Yamaha, I have had mine over 10 yrs Eui2000, it WILL run two sets of Bickle warmers and the thing runs quiet, and will literally last for ever. I pretty much end up hating the people who have those loud cheap generators from CHINA, for more reasons than one. If you want only to use it a bit and do not care about throwing it away in a month or two then buy the cheap one because China needs your support. Tire warmers are important as John B has stated to warm the tire through, myself personally if I want a good 20 minute session will use the warmer then I can go out with some confidence and have fun right away. It really depends what you do yourself on a track day. Want to go fast (for you) and do not compare here cuz it is different about the guy in red who is quicker than me warmers or not. He will always be quicker than me. But I am quick for me, and want to get maximum bang for the time allotted, 15-20 minutes is not long once you are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoul Man View Post
    ... and in my case, even with an economical tow vehicle, the trip to and from the track uses more fuel than the track bike does during the track day (by a lot)!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    ... and in my case, even with an economical tow vehicle, the trip to and from the track uses more fuel than the track bike does during the track day (by a lot)!
    for sure!

a trip to Shanny and back pulling a trailer with two bikes is about 100L of fuel in my truck. whats an extra 5L into the generator for the day??

Really!

Let me ask you to think of this basic principle. The Earth has it's own system and manges itself based on it's system. WE come along and mix and create chemicals that IS NOT a part of Nature to begin with.

We live in a SEALED "box". So, now man starts dumping chemicals of all sorts into Nature's system. Where will it go? What do you think will happen. Something has to give. If I put you in your garage and locked you in for 1 week, provided food and water...magazines to read, a washroom. Now, let me stick a small garden hose in their with you and the other end connected to the car's exhaust. How long do you think you will last?

* feel free to make the hose diameter 1 cm in a regular 2 car indoor garage. How long do you think you will survive?

btw- Styrofoam does NOT degrade. You can burn it or bury it but it still lives on. We have the ability to fill up this planet with Styrofoam...we don't have the ability to dispose of it. Use that example for ALL of the other man made chemicals and products we dump into the air, land, water. Something HAS TO GIVE...that something...US.

Cancer rates are going UP and UP...hmmm what changed int he last 2 or 3 generations...crap in our food, crap in our air, and more crap in our water...do you see the something that has to give...your body was not built to suck in car exhausts or deal with complex chemicals in your water. Do you think breathing in all that smog in Summer and now Winter is "natural" for you?

I blame Television for this type of post. I don't do my research with a TV remote. The truth is out there and certainly not all of it is good news (ie: pollution is a massive problem) but if you get most or all of your information from TV and magazines, just remember that they sell, and the main product they sell is fear. And as fragile humans, there is no end to our appetites.
    Last edited by Devlin; 01-23-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    I blame Television for this type of post. I don't do my research with a TV remote.
    I blame Al Gore & David Suzuki

These chemicals you speak of where do you think they come from? The very same closed loop system you describe, the only thing we as humans are doing is manipulating the elements into various forms, not creating new ones.

Here's a brilliant concept, maybe cancer rates are up because we are simply detecting it more often and in more types/locations then ever before. Put it this way if were doing things so wrong when why is virtually all of the worlds life expectancy on the rise.

The part I hate about all this environmental ******** is that it's converted to a political movement and therefore simply not based on science. Take for example the burning of fossil fuels, its said to produce CO2 and it does, but compare the amount of CO2 generated from vehicles to the amount generated by the most abundant resource on earth: H20 - Water. It's simple really, i can't remember the exact stats but something like 98-99% of all CO2 is as a result of the sun heating our oceans... Do you really think that < 1% is gonna cause global warming???

Show me the proff that global warming is hapening, then and only then will I beleive in this political movement. Don't get me wrong their is nothing wrong with practicing the 3 R's, however the fact remains your making statements with no credible scientific facts backing you.
    SOAR Novice #113

Well since this post has completely gone off track....

I don't really care if one thinks Global Warming is true or not true. However, if people don't think that the levels of pollution are too high.... that scares me. I took a flight a couple of summers ago. It went from Toronto -> Charlotte -> Grand Cayman. I could see the entire flight.... and the whole flight there was SMOG.... not fog SMOG... it cleared up a bit as we left the continental USA.... but it was still present when we landed in Cayman.

See the Olypmics? Yes matter can not be created or destroyed.... well most of the time. However, by rearranging elements you make completely different substances. There are various documented cases of families who live close to high concentration chemical areas being significantly afflicted by Cancer. There is a direct correlation.... between chemicals and cancer. If it didn't matter what you put into your body, you wouldn't have Lung Cancer rates for smokers being very high... you wouldn't need to have respirators when doing things like welding, mining, painting etc...

Climate change or not... our planet is in HUGE danger right now. I'm not going to harp on people for enjoying their pastime at the track.... I do it too.... I also have a generator. However, it is important to do your part to help the planet out as well... everyone is in it together. Understand how to recycle and dispose of materials properly and personally I would like to push our leaders to be more upbeat about environmentally friendly technologies.... that in itself can and will spawn new businesses to start and grow.

the crappy tire @ steels/highway 10 in brampton has a generator on clearance foor $250, from $499. Not sure about the specs, but it might be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Well since this post has completely gone off track....

I don't really care if one thinks Global Warming is true or not true. However, if people don't think that the levels of pollution are too high.... that scares me. I took a flight a couple of summers ago. It went from Toronto -> Charlotte -> Grand Cayman. I could see the entire flight.... and the whole flight there was SMOG.... not fog SMOG... it cleared up a bit as we left the continental USA.... but it was still present when we landed in Cayman.

See the Olypmics? Yes matter can not be created or destroyed.... well most of the time. However, by rearranging elements you make completely different substances. There are various documented cases of families who live close to high concentration chemical areas being significantly afflicted by Cancer. There is a direct correlation.... between chemicals and cancer. If it didn't matter what you put into your body, you wouldn't have Lung Cancer rates for smokers being very high... you wouldn't need to have respirators when doing things like welding, mining, painting etc...

Climate change or not... our planet is in HUGE danger right now. I'm not going to harp on people for enjoying their pastime at the track.... I do it too.... I also have a generator. However, it is important to do your part to help the planet out as well... everyone is in it together. Understand how to recycle and dispose of materials properly and personally I would like to push our leaders to be more upbeat about environmentally friendly technologies.... that in itself can and will spawn new businesses to start and grow.
    Smog and greenhouse gasses are two different things, just to be clear.

I find it strange that some people can promote riding a Vespa as a more environmentally friendly means of transportation. While the actual fuel consumption is pretty low, the emission of harmful pollutants per km is actually higher than most big V8 SUV's. Big motors run cleaner, they do consume more fuel but generally they pollute less than small motors. If you look at the vechicles being driven in china, they're nearly all small vehicles.

New subject.
    I read some stupid article written by the UN a little while back stating that by 2050 the world will not be able to produce enough food to feed all the people in it. It just makes me wonder what this obsession with growth is? Why do we need more people? I think it's pretty clear that there's too many of us as it is. I forget the actual numbers in the article but it made it seem like it would be basically impossible to feed everyone if growth continues on its current trend to 2050, i think they said food production needed to increase by 50%!!! Well why don't i get any environmental recognition for not having kids??? Having kids is a choice. Having more or fewer kids is a choice. Not having a kid means that all the consumption of food/products/energy through their entire life (as well as any subsequent generation) will never happen and all the associated pollution and "carbon footprints" will never be.

I think it's pretty simple that there are too many people. Our imagination and inginuity has made us feel like we're separate from the nater balance of an ecosystem but i don't think we are. Somehow, eventually, the human population will be reduced to a more sustainable level either by our own choice or by some other enfluence.

Tim is getting ****** now. but having multiple kids should be banned like in sertain parts in the world just so we dont continue to be an infestation. also, I'm not too sure, but I think that helping a tire last longer with a small generator is better than changing tires more frequently. top level pros change them that often becasue they get paid to run optimum lap times every time they go out. that doesnt meen that us trackday and club level riders do it as often. if we want the motorspots industry to kick it down a notch, we should start with F1, of wich each team spends $500 million USD. every season. I do enjoy watching it but dont think it's helping the cause.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    with no pollution control on these they are horrible, and thats the problem. Not so much the carbon footprint but all those other nasty emisions. Just like lawnmowers, snowblowers......or those little mopeds/scooters most folks seem to have in india, china, probably a big reason for their smog in their big cities.
    It is amazing how people can read print and clearly miss the point.

I have quoted it from someone else trying to explain it.

I did not say I was a tree huger. What I said was for us to try to reduce WHERE POSSIBLE as we are ALREADY burning gas and tires for FUN.

As Brain P. mentioned, it is probably safer and over wiser to always go around the first lap to break in your bike and body. You never know what may have come loose or what rattling you hear.

I NEVER said to stop the use of them for RACING. I said are they really NEEDED for recreational track days?

OR maybe folks can work together and charge together. What is the point of running 1 generator to charge 1 bike especially for some that run lager 2000 gens. Maybe someone can pay the owner $2 or $5 for the day to plug in with them so while 1 generator runs, 2 or 3 bikes are warming.

It's just a thought.

The whole food argument is pure BS. WE DUMP food down the drain everyday. LOOK at all the leftovers and spoilage from grocery stores alone. The Wheat farmers out west DUMP grain into the garbage to control the prices. How much OVER fishing occurs on the planet. Those massive trawling boats. Do you see how much seafood we DUMP.

The food supply is easily fixable. Grow and use what you need. If you are dumping then you have a problem. Try to grow and buy local.

Who is telling you about the food shortage...Monsantos and the other giant food conglomerates who control the GLOBAL food pricing now???

Here is an assumption, but I would guess they were looking at the food consumption vs the rate of usage of farmland to produce fuels. Biodiesel and Ethanol are taking up more and more land which use to be used for food.

HOWEVER - I think algea produced in greenhouses will take care of alternative fuel demands and will be a much more cost effective way to "grow" fuel....so I don't see a huge issue with food either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Show me the proff that global warming is hapening, then and only then will I beleive in this political movement. Don't get me wrong their is nothing wrong with practicing the 3 R's, however the fact remains your making statements with no credible scientific facts backing you.
    Politics or not, your off your noggin if you don't think that there is scientific evidence (and scientific consensus) to back up global warming. The scientists have been saying it LONG before the politicians.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.