P-M-S sucks ... but I got a temporary repreive ...

Thread: P-M-S sucks ... but I got a temporary repreive ...

P-M-S sucks ... but I got a temporary repreive ...

PMS (the motorcycle one not the OTHER one LOL) sucks ...

Sitting in the garage, putting on some of my new gear and dreaming of trips and making vroom vroom sounds only gets you so far ... And I didn't get a chance to go riding in a warm section of the continent this year... I got a temporary lift of insanity last weekend, while shovelling snow. I figured I'd clear the section of driveway in front of the garage and roll the bike out and start it. I let it warm up while shovelling and the sound it was making at idle were tingling to my ears. When finished with the snow removal, I sat on the bike and played with the throttle and got to listen to the glorious sounds of my LeoVinces for a few minutes, I was in heaven, almost forgot how good 14k rpm sounds. Then before putting it away, I figure I can get some nice snow-rooster tails and put it on the snowy section of the driveways edge and let fly... a few tense moments when I thought I might dump it but otherwise fun times ... went back into the house with a smile ...

anyone else lifted there insanity lately ?

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

Re: P-M-S sucks ... but I got a temporary repreive ...

get yourself a winter a 4 wheeler and or snowmobile.

"anyone else lifted there insanity lately ?" yeah last weekend had a ball pulling the triger on a 185hp sled!
    Last edited by GP_RZ; 01-22-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Other than the 150 km I put on the scooter in Cuba back in December, I've just been watching old biker movies, chatting about bikes with friends who ride and I've been a real post-whore on here lately.

Not really doing the trick, but its all I've got. I might have to dig through my box of old PC games and find my copy of SUPERBIKE 2001 and fire that up!
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Quote Originally Posted by chiller View Post
    anyone else lifted there insanity lately ?
    Yes but in Jamaica, now Im ok for a little while but its starting to wear off

I have other reasons to live.
    *Event and Wedding DJ*
    *VERY competitive rates*
    PM, or email: theperfectmix@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Yes but in Jamaica, now Im ok for a little while but its starting to wear off
    did you rent that bike in jamaica or is that a buddies or something? I'm heading there in a few weeks, but the only offroad fun I've been able to find is boring atv "adventure" trips.

looking to find a way to pass time other than the usual 'lay on a beach and bake' type thing. any links to dirtbike rentals would be appreciated!! heck, even atv rentals without a boring tourguide would be better than anything I"ve been able to find...

Quote Originally Posted by Xhumeka View Post
    did you rent that bike in jamaica or is that a buddies or something? I'm heading there in a few weeks, but the only offroad fun I've been able to find is boring atv "adventure" trips.

looking to find a way to pass time other than the usual 'lay on a beach and bake' type thing. any links to dirtbike rentals would be appreciated!! heck, even atv rentals without a boring tourguide would be better than anything I"ve been able to find...
    I rented that, we actually rented 3 of the exact same bikes...One for me and the only other riding friend on the trip with me, and the 3rd for our rasta friend that lives there....They were $35US per day, and all you need is a credit card for deposit...Everyone else on the trip got to sweat their balls off in vans and cars, while we rode the bikes...It was great we were always got to places first, and got back to the ville first...Had more fun and just got everywhere faster...LOL

They werent the best bikes around, and there were some nicer newer Hondas (like a dual sport but with motard type tires) just down the road from where we rented those. However they only had 2 and one was on reserve for someone else...And to be honest where we stayed (Negril) I dont think Id want anything faster then that dirt bike..At times we were going 100km+ down roads that you should probably only be doing 40 on...Lots of close calls, and if your not on point 100% of the time your a dead mon! Every corner is blind, there are not lines on the road so you just have to make sure your on your side with enought room for a truck to pass on the other side or your dead.. Most tourists rented scooters and rode them like 10km/h on the shoulder looking scared to death, we were riding like it was a race the whole time...i dont reccomend you do that unless you have someone that lives there to guide you for the first few times around town...Im telling you Jamacian driving is crazy! Like nothing I have ever seen before... By day 2 everyone in the town knew about us, and we could hear people either chearing us on, or yelling bombaclat white boys as we ripped by!
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-22-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
    I have other reasons to live.

Your on here alot though.
    CB750F, R6, XR250, CR80, CRF50

Quote Originally Posted by 02R6420 View Post
    Your on here alot though.
    Work is not included as one of the aforementioned reasons.
    *Event and Wedding DJ*
    *VERY competitive rates*
    PM, or email: theperfectmix@live.com

PMS sucks..all types... be it bikes or bods.. vroooooooom
    Ride in peace Liz Metcalf - June 12, 2011 You died loving what you loved to do, riding.
    Ride in peace Barb Sutton (Beachkat) Sept 17, 2006 - your allways in my mirror my friend..
    Ride in peace Elaine Parson - March 2004
    Equus Expect me when you see me.
    "what else is possible?"

"Any fool can twist the grip, but a fool has no idea how to stop or turn. Learning to stop will save your life, learning to turn with enrich it ~ the pace"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I rented that, we actually rented 3 of the exact same bikes...One for me and the only other riding friend on the trip with me, and the 3rd for our rasta friend that lives there....They were $35US per day, and all you need is a credit card for deposit...Everyone else on the trip got to sweat their balls off in vans and cars, while we rode the bikes...It was great we were always got to places first, and got back to the ville first...Had more fun and just got everywhere faster...LOL

They werent the best bikes around, and there were some nicer newer Hondas (like a dual sport but with motard type tires) just down the road from where we rented those. However they only had 2 and one was on reserve for someone else...And to be honest where we stayed (Negril) I dont think Id want anything faster then that dirt bike..At times we were going 100km+ down roads that you should probably only be doing 40 on...Lots of close calls, and if your not on point 100% of the time your a dead mon! Every corner is blind, there are not lines on the road so you just have to make sure your on your side with enought room for a truck to pass on the other side or your dead.. Most tourists rented scooters and rode them like 10km/h on the shoulder looking scared to death, we were riding like it was a race the whole time...i dont reccomend you do that unless you have someone that lives there to guide you for the first few times around town...Im telling you Jamacian driving is crazy! Like nothing I have ever seen before... By day 2 everyone in the town knew about us, and we could hear people either chearing us on, or yelling bombaclat white boys as we ripped by!
    For those who don't know......this is how you drive in Jamaica.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

just crashin the 50 on every turn since i only have street tires.
    Need something welded? Mild or Stainless Steel and Aluminium. PM me for quotes!

Dam I miss riding....
    Ride in peace Liz Metcalf - June 12, 2011 You died loving what you loved to do, riding.
    Ride in peace Barb Sutton (Beachkat) Sept 17, 2006 - your allways in my mirror my friend..
    Ride in peace Elaine Parson - March 2004
    Equus Expect me when you see me.
    "what else is possible?"

"Any fool can twist the grip, but a fool has no idea how to stop or turn. Learning to stop will save your life, learning to turn with enrich it ~ the pace"

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    just crashin the 50 on every turn since i only have street tires.
    Poor 50 I rode mine once in the snow, and every single bolt on the thing corroded!

Resurrection

You know it's been a bad winter, when chiller has PMS.

You think thats bad? I bought a bike last weekend and I wont get to look at it, hear it or even acknowledge its existance except for a motorcycle plate I have on my bed. TILL APRIL!
    Lets Ride