What to do: 5 tickets + no insurance - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What to do: 5 tickets + no insurance

northbiker

Talking Re: What to do: 5 tickets + no insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    You don't lose points, you gain them. The points are added once there has been a finding of guilt.
    so the speeding ticket that I have gotten with 3 points is not of concern right now until proven guilty in court trial?

Re: What to do: 5 tickets + no insurance

Quote Originally Posted by northbiker View Post
    so the speeding ticket that I have gotten with 3 points is not of concern right now until proven guilty in court trial?
    If you choose to fight it yes.
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    You don't lose points, you gain them. The points are added once there has been a finding of guilt.

and when you get 12 points you win a bicycle and bus ticket.
    If bike riding is a drug go get hammered.

northbiker

lol...

zaidtoronto

Quote Originally Posted by cahonas19 View Post
    I read up to page 4.
    Your pretty feisty to other people when your asking for help / suggestions lol.
    My advice is get a lawyer.
    Been in a situation like somewhat like yours, different charges on a car. I would say bigger charges.
    Lawyer did great wonders for me.
    Might bust your balls for now but you will save in the long run.
    i couldn't read all the pages here. but i agree with the what written in top
    i had same your satiation 3years ago. no insurance and fake sticker for my plate. i got the tickets. went to a fighting ticket office. $1500 to dismiss the whole case or $750 for reducing it at least %50. you know what.... they dismiss the whole thing and i payed them the $1500 and i was happy. i don't know how they did it but they did. my record stays clean.... but any way since then i got few new tickets but not big ones

The insurance charge can get taken off easy. I was involved Boxing day 2007 when a woman cut across from one shopping mall to another across a 4 lane road and i T-boned her car taking the entire back end from read door(4 door) out. The back wheel was bent in and the "bumper" completly torn off with licence plate still attached.

She tried to drive away but the car was a wreck and plus i had her licence plate in my hand by then. My cars front end was a mess and cost more then $8000 plus another $1500 for rental car for 3 weeks to fix my car. The woman had no insurance and was charged with a bunch of other charges and I was lucky as i had my 6 year old with my at the time and it was a good 40 kph hit.

I was a witness for the cop and the day of trial she just showed up with a insurance slip[ even though at the accidnet she told everyone from me to police to the other witnesses she had no insurance and would pay cash to fix my car, offering me $10,000 to get it fixed before even knowing the cost of repairs and her car was a write off.

So just get a insurance slip for the bike and say you made a mistake and forgot you did have insurance as thats all the woman did at my case and she was let off the charge of $5000 paying $0. I could not believe it if i didn't see it for my own eyes.

Just do me a favor don't do it again as people who drive without insurance are law breaking and just plain idiots that don't repect others I was very lucky i wasn't killed or heaven forbid anything happened to me son as the police would be the last thing the person would have to worry about after me and mr tire iron get a chance to sort some parts of you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Irocian View Post
    So just get a insurance slip for the bike and say you made a mistake and forgot you did have insurance
    oh yeah, might as well add a falsifying records or fraud charge to the list..

bad advice Irocian.

Banned

So just get a insurance slip for the bike and say you made a mistake and forgot you did have insurance as thats all the woman did at my case and she was let off the charge of $5000 paying $0. I could not believe it if i didn't see it for my own eyes.
    99% of brokers would never write a predated slip in this case, and if the ins. co's /whoever did find out, their license wiould probably be stripped.

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    99% of brokers would never write a predated slip in this case, and if the ins. co's /whoever did find out, their license wiould probably be stripped.
    And the ones who would, you don't want to deal with.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Haven't read all the posts, but plead to the no insurance and ask them to pull the rest.

Cry the blues about money to the JP and you will likely get a much reduced fine.

Hey, I figured that I would come back and update all the haters and "know it alls" that really don't know all that much.

Everything was dropped except a misuse plate ticket, which is $150 fine and is minor ticket.

Not bad for the whole mess I was in, very happy on the defence I chose thanks to the recommendations of many people here. If you need help with your tickets and want a good agent, pm me for more info. BTW: the cop showed up to every appearance and I got off on a few technicalities that the agent found

Wow you lucky SOB. Go buy a lottery ticket and buy a few rounds for your defence team!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR_Mike View Post
    Hey, I figured that I would come back and update all the haters and "know it alls" that really don't know all that much.

Everything was dropped except a misuse plate ticket, which is $150 fine and is minor ticket.

Not bad for the whole mess I was in, very happy on the defence I chose thanks to the recommendations of many people here. If you need help with your tickets and want a good agent, pm me for more info. BTW: the cop showed up to every appearance and I got off on a few technicalities that the agent found
    Would you mind saying what the technicality was that got you off the insurance charge?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I am not going to discuss the case, but fault was found in the cop's notes. My agent kept pushing this issue until the crown offered me the deal (drop everything except one minor). I took it and ran with it.
    Last edited by GSXR_Mike; 05-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.

if your paralegal did a good job, why not posting his name so he gets some referrals...
    Security transcends technology

Because that's how they roll...they aren't starving

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR_Mike View Post
    Because that's how they roll...they aren't starving
    Posting the names of the good paralegals, and the bad ones too, helps this community when the time comes to shop around.

What I am asking you is to contribute something back to the forum...

Security transcends technology

I am contributing by providing you a case where someone "won" a case where one of the charges was "no insurance". I am providing you the case details and its outcome with the ability to be able to find good representation upon request.

I am not posting their names at their request.

Good on you for getting some help dude, I'm happy to see you made it off like that, at first it looked pretty bleek.

Good on ya m8t!
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

As there is no more pertinent legal information forthcoming and the OP does not appear to intend to post anything more of interest to this sub forum, I'm closing the thread.