Cornerstone Insurance Brokers

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cornerstone Insurance Brokers

Avi Singh

Hello Fellow Members,

I have been an active member of this board for some time now. It has been my goal to help the community understand and navigate the strange and sometimes messy world of insurance.

My clients benefit from my relationships with 4 different companies that will write motorcycle policies, as well as numerous other insurers for personal life, home and auto coverage. Commercial property coverage is also available. My dealing with several insurance companies rather than one, allows me to offer you more options.

You will find that I work very hard to keep all the lines of communication open. I am available via email, phone and in person whichever method suits your lifestyle and schedule best. Your questions will be answered in as candid and straightforward a manner as possible, examples of which are found in this forum. I want every client to understand what it is that they are purchasing, what it covers and what it doesn't cover and why.

I work to make your transactions as simple as possible. While I may not be able to help everyone as far as pricing goes, I do try. You can purchase coverage through me quickly and efficiently. While I do like to meet everyone in person, I realize that this isn't always possible. I am able to write your policy through email and fax if necessary. Payments are also accepted through online/telephone banking by any of the major banks.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for giving me the opportunity to work with many of you. It is my sincere wish that we are both able to take something positive away from one another. Thanks again, I appreciate all of the support that the members of this board have given me.

Cheers,
    Avi
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Re: Avi Singh

Good to see you officially on-board, Avi. You've been a very friendly/helpful guy and an asset to this community. Best of luck
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Well,
    I would have to say you are very friendly but I can't forget the fact that I had to fight tooth and nail to get a $150 refund from your company and Kingsway two years ago. In fact, I still remember talking to Mr. Paul Holman who is one of the group of brothers owning the company. I was polite and professional in my manner and words discussing the issue with him and he was rude and hung up on me.
    Not the after-sales service I was expecting.
    But again, you were very friendly when purchasing the insurance.
    Take Care

Is it possible to pay monthly? Or at least in more than one payment.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRider795 View Post
    Is it possible to pay monthly? Or at least in more than one payment.
    That would depend on the payment plans offered by the company you're quoted with.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by bepositive View Post
    Well,
    I would have to say you are very friendly but I can't forget the fact that I had to fight tooth and nail to get a $150 refund from your company and Kingsway two years ago. In fact, I still remember talking to Mr. Paul Holman who is one of the group of brothers owning the company. I was polite and professional in my manner and words discussing the issue with him and he was rude and hung up on me.
    Not the after-sales service I was expecting.
    But again, you were very friendly when purchasing the insurance.
    Take Care
    I am sorry to hear this. It's difficult for me to comment on a conversation you had with someone else. The problem you experienced seems to be a Kingsway issue though. Insurance companies are never easy to get refunds out of.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Insurance companies are never easy to get refunds out of.
    no kidding!
    Slow down , keep leaning and you'll be alright.

I am sorry to hear this. It's difficult for me to comment on a conversation you had with someone else. The problem you experienced seems to be a Kingsway issue though. Insurance companies are never easy to get refunds out of.

No Problem Avi,
    My issues were with Kingsway and you guys. For some reason, I wasn't getting return calls from you and the big issue was the treatment I received from your boss the owner of Holman Insurance. That was inexcusable for customer service when I was being very polite.
    Anyways,
    It was a couple of years back now and what was done is history.
    Take Care,

Does anyone know an insurance company that will insure me for a good price?....
    statefarm quoted me for $2,030,
    TD for $12,000 (this is not a typo)

21 year old male
    single
    G licence, no history of accidents/tickets
    just took my course to get my m2
    don't have 5 years driving experience (statefarm never asked me about 5 years driving experience)
    2001 CBR 600 f4i

I've heard horror stories about people getting a call back 3 weeks later from statefarm stating they would no longer insure them without 5 yrs driving experience. Anyone have experiences with this?

Avi is a stand up guy... takes his time explaining everything, answering all your questions (even non bike related ones). Very knowledgeable.

He had the best prices too. His office place is a very professional place.

I'd rate him A+++

Budget Balla

I am getting insurance through Avi in the beginning of May. Best rates, and exceptional customer service.

Hey Avi, I know that Kingsway and Jevco require payment up front and have an option of paying it off in 4 months with a 3% surcharge.
    My question is if the other companies that you deal with have better payment plans? Ideally, 12 month payment plan?
    Whichever insurance broker I call, they tell me that they go through Jevco or Kingsway... yet I don't have enough money to pay it all up front, nor can I afford the relatively steep payment plan.
    The only company that takes 12 months is State Farm but my premium will be high through them too.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by HyRyze View Post
    Hey Avi, I know that Kingsway and Jevco require payment up front and have an option of paying it off in 4 months with a 3% surcharge.
    My question is if the other companies that you deal with have better payment plans? Ideally, 12 month payment plan?
    Whichever insurance broker I call, they tell me that they go through Jevco or Kingsway... yet I don't have enough money to pay it all up front, nor can I afford the relatively steep payment plan.
    The only company that takes 12 months is State Farm but my premium will be high through them too.
    Any suggestions?
    Jevco and Royal and Sun Alliance will only accept full payment. Kingsway requires at least 25% (they will give you 4 payments over 4 consecutive months for an additional 3%).

I also deal with Dominion of Canada, and they would provide monthly payments, but their premiums are not exactly the lowest for motorcycles and their rules are pretty stringent regarding age and sportbikes.

I am in talks with a premium financing company to see what sort of deal I can work out. It would basically be a loan that pays the insurance company in full and then you would pay them back over a period of time (What period of time, I'm not exactly sure). Until I get that worked out though, the best I can suggest is see if you can get a line of credit and pay that back monthly.

Banned

You are more than welcome Avi. I’m a firm believer of passing on the word when you meet someone who is as professional and thorough as you are. Your approach not industry standard anymore, and when someone remembers the basics of customer service, and then improves on it, they should reap the rewards.

Nice job there Singh!!! (with a patting on the back motion i'm sure you seldom see)

I am in talks with a premium financing company to see what sort of deal I can work out. It would basically be a loan that pays the insurance company in full and then you would pay them back over a period of time (What period of time, I'm not exactly sure). Until I get that worked out though, the best I can suggest is see if you can get a line of credit and pay that back monthly.
    wow, that was the only thing that peeved me about Jevco. It would be awesome if I didn't have to pay all up front.

Most brokers say 'too bad... take it or leave it' but it's good to see a broker taking steps to insure the maximum ease and comfort his customers.

Thanks Avi!

Budget Balla

Just another happy Avi Singh customer.

Great customer service, competitive rates, professional service, knows the industry quite well and is more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budget Balla View Post
    Just another happy Avi Singh customer.

Great customer service, competitive rates, professional service, knows the industry quite well and is more than happy to help.

Thanks!
    OH! And he's almost 9 feet tall. Plays Oboe on a competitive level. Is a level 3 Blackblet in some unpronouncable Hindi martial art. Almost DJ'd on the space shuttle a few years back. And some other stuff i cant remember...

Switched from TD/MM when I got my new bike because his quote was the best.

He had everything settled for me in two days! Very happy.

Brian

I was going to sign up with Avi in July on my 2nd bike... the first one ended up being stolen so I needed insurance before I could profit from being insured for a long enough period of time so it ended up being cheaper for me to get with TD MM. When my policy comes up for renewal next year I'll be calling him up.

avi, you have a pm from me--would appreciate a response by pm, thanks!