Shoei Visor Tinted or Chrome shield questions - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoei Visor Tinted or Chrome shield questions

Re: Shoei Visor Tinted or Chrome shield questions

I have a dark smoke visor for my RF-1000 and the stock clear. With the dark smoke its still a little bit bright out so I wear my Flak Jacket XLJ's under (iridium polarized) which helps. In my bag or under my seat I'll put my Oakley case which has my orange and clear lenses incase I get caught out late at night with only my dark smoke. Either way, I like having my sunglases on me for when I get off the bike and walk around (with my helmet off)

If I know I am comming back late its clear and my sunglases or I'll just carry both and double up. Sometimes I'll do whichever visor and clear/orange lenses if I wanna ride with my visor up when its nice and warm but not tooo sunny.
    Last edited by ScoTTY88; 01-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.

freestyl3

i was doing my research for those transition visor inserts. I found out that pretty much this product is useless for shoei helmets, because shoei's have UV protected visors. Which blocks the properties for the Photochromic feature to work.

Looks like i have to buy a shoei visor and keep changing it

I came across this helpful link

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ty-progrip.htm

Pretty stupid to use a tinted, smoked, chromed whatever visor after dark... Visor up??? only if you are wearing glasses, or in stop and go...

I commute to work in the morning before sun up, and come home at 3 pm, I use the clear for the morning and switch to the dark tint for the trip home.

Not a shoei, but an arai. Now if I could find sunglasses that I am not constantly having to push up the bridge of my nose all the time...

While we are at it... Has anyone found any sunglasses that fit well in a full face helmet and don't fall down your nose alot?

freestyl3

Yes, i actually have seen a pair of really nice light glasses super thin and designed specifically for helmets.

I saw it at Kahuna dealership. this was in fall, i don't know if they still have any left

I picked up a pair of y glasses which look like they cost 2 bucks to make, but actually had to pay 20 bucks for at GP Bikes.

Very very light, fit my head very nicely and do the job very well. Totally agree that tinted visor looks so much nicer but it's just not practicial IMO to be carrying two visors. I can stick my glasses in my pocket.

My Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ's fit perfectly in my helmet and under my ear muffs when I am at my gun club and they are great.